2012 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Great value for the money

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Review

Great value for the money
By moxiedog on

2012 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Ordered the 2012 S model optioned the way I wanted and waited 10 weeks. Picked it up on 1/12/2012 In most aspects this car is outstanding. The first tank showed 27.3 mpg in mixed city/ hi-way driving. Fun to drive, great handling and braking. Fit and finish are first rate Two very minor Issues: 1. The 6 speed manual shifter is a bit clunky. No speed shifting with this baby. 2. The C pillars are a bit thick creating a slight blind spot.

The thing I like best is: The 2.5 liter I 4 is a torque monster for a four banger. Keep the revs above 1700 rpm and you never need to down shift from 6th gear even going up moderate hills. And it sips gas to boot.... I am very pleased with this engine and the car overall.

This model is getting a complete make over for the 2013 model year. I saw photos of the new body style and I was not impressed. I thought the 2013 Fusion looks like a Sonata from the front and an Elantra from the back. I like the looks of the "old" body style better. $3200 in rebates on the 2012 model also influenced my decision