Downsized to a Fusion and Lovin' Every Minute of It!
By andybobandy on
2012 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I bought a new Ford 2012 Fusion SE 4cy with Sun & Sync, spoiler, Candy Red Color and now I have almost 1100miles on it. I truly am amazed by the smooth quiet ride on this car under $25K. This is my first ever Ford, and if it's reliable, I will no longer be a Chevy/GMC girl. I am averaging 27mpg driving 60/20/20 (rural, hwy, city). Costs about 43.00/wk for me to fill up and run on. I dont drive too slow and only sometimes too fast lol. What sold me on the car was the cost of the car, the roomy and accomadating interior, the smooth and quiet ride, fuel economy, and all the tech features. I now can leave my Iphone in my purse as it's all handsfree (music, calls, info)
Favorite Features
-blue background lighting -quiet ride! -excellent fuel economy -above avg. get up and go for a 4cyl -fun to drive :) -roomy backseat -roomy trunk -SYNC!!, awesome -radio -Sun and Sync package -all the storage -the deep drivers' cup holders -the shifter appearance -middle pull down console in rear -nylon(ish) cloth seats, they appear to be easier to clean I downsized from a 2008 Yukon XL with all the options to the Fusion. Haven't had a moments' regret! I find the acceleration more than adequate for everyday driving. It struggles only slightly upon fast hwy ramp accelerations. It's my first 4cylinder EVER and I'm happy with it, even 2 mpg extra vs. the V6 is worth it to me.
Suggested Improvements
-bottom of driver seat too firm (for me anyway), the seat back is just firm enough though -would prefer the trunk to fully pop open! very difficult to close one-handed -more smooth and maneuverable tilt/telescoping steering wheel -occasional hard shifting (hardly worth mentioning) -higher center driver's console (I'm short so finding a good fit in a car without adjustable pedals is difficult) Finally, while shopping I considered crossovers, wagons, small trucks and sedans. I drove Nissan Altima & Rogue, Volkswagan minivan, Mazda (6, sm. crossover, and hatchback), GMC Terrain, Chevy Equinox & Traverse, and Jeep Compass. Previous vehicles: chevy corsica &malibu, GMC Yukon XL.