A nice place to spend time.
By rich416 on
2012 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
So this is a very early review as I only just purchased the veheicle a few days ago. No oter reviews for this year so I figured I'd at least get the ball rolling. I purchased the car based on two very positive rental experiences. The interior has very good build quality. Soft touch dash and very comfy seats can be expected. The interior quality is much better than Camry and at least as good or better than Accord. The ride is VERY quiet. The quietest car I've ever owned and one of quitest cars I've ever rode in, seriously! Engine is still breaking in so mileage has been about 27-29mpg in mixed rural driving. My rental with 20,000 miles got 35-37mpg on the highway and 29mpg in Yosemite!
Favorite Features
Quiet smooth ride and comfortable seats. I'm 6 foot tall and 210lbs and really appreciate the seats. Nice thing is that my wife, who is half my size, also finds the seats and driving position to her liking. I enjoy having bluetooth in the car but I could live without the Ford Sync. Don't hate it, just don't think I'll get much use out of it. Upgraded sony stereo is a nice improvement over the stock system but it's not REALLY good. That said, I do feel the additional cost was worth it, for me. If you're not much of an audiophile and don't care about a sunroof, then save yourself $1500 and forgo the option. Very spacious trunk. No cap fuel filler. Ride is not overly "sporty."
Suggested Improvements
Not crazy about the cruise control interface. Always felt like toyota's cruise stalk behind the wheel was the easiest to work, very intuitive. I find myself looking at the cruise buttons to turn it on. Put the parking brake handle on the passenger side of the center consule. It sometimes kinda pokes my leg. Will try to update review after I get some real miles on the car.