Used 2012 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Should changed no gas cap problem free!!!
By marc

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I live in a state that requires a yearly inspection to renew my tag. Every year I have to spray WD 40 and clean and clean and clean out the no gas cap area to get the service engine light to turn off so it can pass inspection. It was a useless idea of Ford to design a gas tank with no gas cap! For what purpose? All kinds of dirt n crap can get in the gas tank! This year I had to buy a gas tank plug with a key and the service engine light went off and it passed inspection. One week later the service engine light reappeared. I am good til next year but what will I do then??? Its a 2012 Ford Fusion SE other than that I love the car. But Ford needs to own up to their mistake and recall and fix it for free!!!!

trying to make lemonade out of a lemon
By Sammye Baker

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Nissan in Yuba City, Ca; while they have been trying to help us a lot, the vehicle had 34,000 miles on it. It has been in the shop twice. All of the pullies had to be replaced. The tire pressure sensor and fuel sensor have not been reset. Apparently that's a special tool and the dealerships has been broken. So every time you start the car it sounds like a four alarm fire is happening. A week after we got it out of the shop, my husband was attempting to pass an RV and the tranny just shut off. He had to coast to the side of the road and the entire car was violently shaking and the wrench light went on. We had to struggle to get a rental car from the dealership while the car is going to be held for two weeks to be fixed. Its been there for about a week and we haven't heard anything back from them. I got a chip in the windshield from a rock hauling truck 2 days after we got the vehicle (no ones fault, these thing happen). When the pullies were being replaced they had a windshield guy try to fix it and he ended up doing further damage. We picked up the car with a spider crack heading towards the hood. When the transmission had its problem and the car was rattling the whole chip spidered out vertically from top to bottom. I thought chip repair was suppose to prevent this. I'm not an expert. After everything we as a family have a pretty sour taste about the vehicle. I really wish we didn't get it all in all. We had rented a couple ford fusions (with much higher mileage) in the past and love them. This one seems like the anti-christ of fusions. I feel like we flushed $15,000 down the toilet at some rutty truck stop. We did it to build credit in hopes for having a better opportunity at getting a home loan, no I just hope it will make due until we can pay it off somehow. WE HAVE OWNED THE CAR FOR A MONTH, ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR HALF OF THAT TIME!!!!!!!!

Fusion saved my life!
By Nyarodhiambo Ragwar

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first American car. Always drove Hondas. I was in a car accident couple weeks ago and I'm indebted to my Fusion. All the airbags deployed, every inch of the car was smashed in and the Fusion I had grown to love was a total loss, but I walked away with minor bruises. The car drove very well for the four years I owned it. My only complaint is cosmetic. I wish the seats were made of something more stain-proof. With kids, after a couple years, the interior started looking a little crummy. I'm ready for my next Ford though!

RECALL
By Angie Clark

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car but it kept cutting off for no reason....Come to find out it was a recall on my Throttle bottle...Took it back to dealership..Replace for free..Speedy service...i love it.
Angie in Spring Texas

Was Inlove
By Brittany

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I only had the car a year unfortunately but I absolutely loved it never gave me a problem not a peep starting at 50k miles and only putting 10k more on it. Heart breaking to see it go and even harder to find something to compare. ( I averaged 22 mpg and I drove mostly city took a good highway trip and it averaged 27mpg )