2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Unacceptable sounds
By snowwhite1964 on 04/07/14 17:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am getting very tired of the high pitched whistling sound that I have been told is from the fuel pump. I have complained about this but the dealership says its normal for a fusion. Additionally, at 1500 rpms, it makes what I would describe as the sound of a small motor boat. This sound is most notable while turning the car or on non-level ground. The dealership and my husband both say, this is normal. Also, there have been issues with the gas cap housing and filler pipe that have had to be fixed.

Nice American Sedan
By kingkole02 on 11/25/13 11:19 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The overseas market is going to lose its edge if the American car manufacturers keep building models like these. I trade a bad Japanese model for this one and made my life much better. The Fusion has power, great handling, comfort, and a great sound system. Very pleasing to drive all around car. The only downside is the ridiculous headrest system which does not work well and failed and the passenger side. I would see replacing these headrests over time if frequent adjustment is required.

Great Comfortable car
By sonshineacres on 08/13/13 12:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife wanted a car with a sunroof. We found this car used with 3000 miles a few months ago. Heated leather seats, Sony sound system, sunroof and appearance package. What a great, comfortable car and fun to drive. We have the 3.0 V6 but it is not AWD and that option is not shown on the list. We love the car and the mileage. we typically get 22 around town, but have been up to 30 to 31 on the highway. not bad for a V6

Repairs Already
By gm771 on 06/05/13 19:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Fusion was purchased new a year ago and I took it in for an oil change and tire rotation. I was told by the service department I need four new tires and an alignment at $1000 even though the car is only at 22,000 miles. I was told it was my fault I have to replace the tires because I drive "too hard". When I told the dealer this was my third Ford vehicle (all purchased new) and I never had to replace the tires this early I was told again it was my fault and not faulty tires. I will never buy a Ford again. They don't stand by their products and blame customers even though this is the fourth vehicle I have purchased new and didn't have this problem with the other three.

If only it worked
By jessejames77_ on 03/13/13 17:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it brand new in May 2012. Was great for a month, comfortable, great on gas, roomy and a great sound system. Then while on an 8 hour road trip I got a warning light "Advancetrac failure, Check ABS". Got home got it serviced and Ford couldnt find anything. They told me not to worry about it. A week later it went again. They kept the car for a couple of days, said it was fixed. A month later it went again, they kept the car for 2 weeks, told me it was fixed. Then one day my car just wouldnt start! Got it jumped and no warning lights for 2 months! But now last week the warning lights came back on AGAIN! And Ford wont do anything other then tell me to bring it again. Not impressed

Nice upgrade.....you think?
By basterisk on 02/01/13 11:47 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2012 Ford Fusion SEL FWD 3.0L V6 certified pre-owned, have been driving it a little over a month now. Previous vehicle was a '98 Dakota pickup, so yes lol, quite a difference. I love the driving experience.....handles great, nice acceleration when the higher revs achieved, especially using the manual automatic mode. Comfortable, quiet, pleasant leather interior, enjoyable sound system. I look forward to driving it each day. A few complaints, for no vehicle is perfect. The transmission can shift awkwardly at times, especially in mid-RPMs. Rear visibility takes getting used to, and windshield rear-view mirror gets in the way when looking right. Glad i got the car......

Awesome!!!
By sacred007 on 12/30/12 23:09 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my forth car. And i really enjoyed driving the car. With maximum power, comfort and reliability and falling in love with my car. The stereo system is superb. The build quality is appreciable. I've reached 0-120kmph in under 12s which is very good from my point of view. The ambient lighting gives me a fresh look inside the compartment. I drove around 1000 kms a day once, which i couldn't feel any tiredness. Microsoft SYNC is also a good feature in which i can call, change music while am driving.

2012 fusion built as well as the 1959 fairlane
By dvenesky on 12/28/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

this car is of the same build as the 1959 ford fairlane 500 that i owned years ago. but it has updated technology that makes it a great buy in the market today. very limber on curves for a 4 dr serdan and very quiet. traded my malibu ltz for it and glad i did as it rides much better on long trips and handles better as well . no a lick of trouble in 10 months . love the car

Ford Fusion SEL 2012 FLAWS
By r5b on 12/07/12 05:00 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased a new 2012 SEL Fusion in late August 2012. An unsavory neighbor got a hold of my keyless entry card. She has the master code. My car was used nightly by this woman as her hangout and smoke den. Ford told me you can change the codes and add codes BUT "the master code NEVER CHANGES" anotherwards some scum bag can always get in my car because she has the main keyless entry code. I had to pay 499.00 out of pocket December 6th, 2012 to replace the module and get a new code. Ford kept the old one??? and by the way the battery was virtually dead. Thankfully that was replaced under warranty free of charge. Talk about disgusted with FORD. The transmission sucks. Ford makes CRAP still!

2012 Fusion SEL V6 Engine Failure
By rjdoody on 11/11/12 18:56 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have had to reprogram our transmission shortly after we got it do to very high revs before it would shift and now that we have 16K miles it has been to the dealer 2X the first was for rough idle and they said 2 plugs went bad they replaced it then 2 days later we sent it back for the same reason and they told us that the #6 cylinder and valve has gone bad and the engine will need to be replaced, i have lost all confidence I expected more from the ford engineers after I found out i am not alone. We only bought a Ford since they did not take bail out money, i should have kept my Toyota 200k miles with no problems on it, American still builds unreliable junk, i will never buy American again

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fusion Sedan in NJ is:

$225 per month*