2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Great job Ford!
By vkmaxima on 06/29/14 21:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my 2002 Lincoln LS V8 with 189k on the clock, and I must say I've always been a Ford fan. I love my 2012 Ford Fusion SEL. Bought the car used with 49k now 54k on it. I needed something a little more fuel efficient and that's what I got. The car achieves 22+ mpg city and 29+ mpg highway. I average about 24-26 mpg in mixed driving. The car is absolutely comfortable, and is very quiet. I like to drive my family and friends around, and they've all complimented how great the car is. My favorite feature is the SYNC system. Honestly, everyone who has had issues with it need to check themselves. It's a pretty easy system to use. The 2.5L I4 has very good power, all in all a great car.

A-OK
By skicat2 on 05/12/14 12:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My priority with this latest vehicle purchase was comfort. I've always driven fairly sporty cars (Ford Probe GT, SVT Focus, Lexus IS300), and this time around I wanted a quiet vehicle that wasn't a complete slug. I'd rented a Fusion in FL last year and was favorably impressed. So when a typical idiot MI driver rear-ended and totaled the Lexus a few weeks ago, I looked into a used 2012 Fusion and got everything except Nav & AWD, neither of which I need. It's comfortable, quiet and the V6 has plenty of power. I was even surprised by the fuel economy: 26+ city, 33+ why. Now if I want to go tear about the countryside, I jump in the Miata.

What a disappointment
By gimmeabrk on 04/29/14 14:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a CPO 2012 Ford Fusion SEL with the 3.0L V6 FWD and the piece of crap gets 14 to 14.5 mpg in the city. I've taken it to two dealerships and they've told me that I need to drive it like grandma in order to get better mileage. Believe me I am NOT driving aggressively - I wouldn't be able to afford it! I'm taking off from a light so slowly that people behind me are getting angry with me. The EPA estimates for this car (FWD) are 20 City and 27 Hwy with 23 combined. One dealership ran a computerized mpg test and got 20.5 mpg combined Hwy and City driving. So by Ford's own admission, even when you drive the car like grandma, you don't get the EPA estimated averages.

Unacceptable sounds
By snowwhite1964 on 04/07/14 17:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am getting very tired of the high pitched whistling sound that I have been told is from the fuel pump. I have complained about this but the dealership says its normal for a fusion. Additionally, at 1500 rpms, it makes what I would describe as the sound of a small motor boat. This sound is most notable while turning the car or on non-level ground. The dealership and my husband both say, this is normal. Also, there have been issues with the gas cap housing and filler pipe that have had to be fixed.

Nice American Sedan
By kingkole02 on 11/25/13 11:19 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The overseas market is going to lose its edge if the American car manufacturers keep building models like these. I trade a bad Japanese model for this one and made my life much better. The Fusion has power, great handling, comfort, and a great sound system. Very pleasing to drive all around car. The only downside is the ridiculous headrest system which does not work well and failed and the passenger side. I would see replacing these headrests over time if frequent adjustment is required.

Great Comfortable car
By sonshineacres on 08/13/13 12:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife wanted a car with a sunroof. We found this car used with 3000 miles a few months ago. Heated leather seats, Sony sound system, sunroof and appearance package. What a great, comfortable car and fun to drive. We have the 3.0 V6 but it is not AWD and that option is not shown on the list. We love the car and the mileage. we typically get 22 around town, but have been up to 30 to 31 on the highway. not bad for a V6

Repairs Already
By gm771 on 06/05/13 19:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Fusion was purchased new a year ago and I took it in for an oil change and tire rotation. I was told by the service department I need four new tires and an alignment at $1000 even though the car is only at 22,000 miles. I was told it was my fault I have to replace the tires because I drive "too hard". When I told the dealer this was my third Ford vehicle (all purchased new) and I never had to replace the tires this early I was told again it was my fault and not faulty tires. I will never buy a Ford again. They don't stand by their products and blame customers even though this is the fourth vehicle I have purchased new and didn't have this problem with the other three.

If only it worked
By jessejames77_ on 03/13/13 17:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it brand new in May 2012. Was great for a month, comfortable, great on gas, roomy and a great sound system. Then while on an 8 hour road trip I got a warning light "Advancetrac failure, Check ABS". Got home got it serviced and Ford couldnt find anything. They told me not to worry about it. A week later it went again. They kept the car for a couple of days, said it was fixed. A month later it went again, they kept the car for 2 weeks, told me it was fixed. Then one day my car just wouldnt start! Got it jumped and no warning lights for 2 months! But now last week the warning lights came back on AGAIN! And Ford wont do anything other then tell me to bring it again. Not impressed

Nice upgrade.....you think?
By basterisk on 02/01/13 11:47 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2012 Ford Fusion SEL FWD 3.0L V6 certified pre-owned, have been driving it a little over a month now. Previous vehicle was a '98 Dakota pickup, so yes lol, quite a difference. I love the driving experience.....handles great, nice acceleration when the higher revs achieved, especially using the manual automatic mode. Comfortable, quiet, pleasant leather interior, enjoyable sound system. I look forward to driving it each day. A few complaints, for no vehicle is perfect. The transmission can shift awkwardly at times, especially in mid-RPMs. Rear visibility takes getting used to, and windshield rear-view mirror gets in the way when looking right. Glad i got the car......

Awesome!!!
By sacred007 on 12/30/12 23:09 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my forth car. And i really enjoyed driving the car. With maximum power, comfort and reliability and falling in love with my car. The stereo system is superb. The build quality is appreciable. I've reached 0-120kmph in under 12s which is very good from my point of view. The ambient lighting gives me a fresh look inside the compartment. I drove around 1000 kms a day once, which i couldn't feel any tiredness. Microsoft SYNC is also a good feature in which i can call, change music while am driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fusion Sedan in WA is:

$167 per month*