Used 2012 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Overall A Quality Car.
By Robert W. Clark

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new in May 2012, my 2004 Chevrolet Impala was starting to show its age and was starting to rust out even though it was garage kept and had 62,000 miles I wanted something that I could take on road trips and still be comfortable. Although I don't drive it much since I retired 2 weeks after I bought it, (as of 7-11-2016 it has 3,720 miles.) It has been a very nice car, very reliable, after sitting for a long period of time it starts right up, the Sony sound system beats my old Impala by far, and it returns a good 32 miles to the gallon on 87 octane doing 65 MPH with the Cruise Control engaged. The only 2 things I will complain about is how it goes through 1st, 2nd, and into 3rd gears before you reach 20 MPH, that's a lot of shifting right off the line for an automatic if you ask me. Also the leather seats are a bit hard after a long period of time, but the heated seats are very nice. Plenty of trunk space, rear leg room is plenty, and the overall quality is wonderful. It was a $30,000.00 car new and it seems to be holding it's value well for now. I can say overall it's a nice car, I'm very pleased with it. It's also very easy to service, I'm 72 years old and I still get underneath to change the oil myself, I don't care for the splash guards covering the oil filter and drain plug, but once those are off its very easy to do and Ford even has it to where you can pre-fill the oil filter before you install it (which is a good thing to do to prevemy a dry start.) I run Pennzoil Ultra-Platinum 5W20 with a Purolator Synthetic oil filter. Servicing most things seem perfectly simple to service (Oil Changes, Tune-Ups, Air Filter, etc.) If you're a do-it-yourself person, this is a good car for you, mine has the 2.5L Inline 4-Cylinder. I also prefer the 2010-12 facelifted bodystyle over the current style, but that's my reveiw, I feel that I've covered everything.

Comfort + Economy + Reliability
By Gary B

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We have 2 Toyotas and this Ford Fusion. Of all the cars, this one is the most comfortable to drive and ride in. It has been very reliable; only one issue in 5 years; a very slight leak of coolant from the water pump, which was replaced. We enjoy its handsome design, good size trunk, and for a basic model, it is quite loaded! The Ford Dealership has been very customer friendly, and we look forward to another 15 years of ownership!

Ford Fusion great car, but transmission poor
By Rick Severance

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall I really like the car but there's something about the transmission that sporadically acts up within first 5 minutes of driving it, where it doesn't seem to know what gear it needs to be in and thus causes tach to jump around. Then it goes away. Usually always just a slow speeds..

41 MPG
By sharkbait

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Fusion Hybrid as a Certified Used from Ford. It has meet or exceeded all expectations. I commute 35 miles one way to work; I have averaged 41 mpg since I started driving the Ford. It rides well, the SYNC system is handy, and climate control works well. My car has blind spot monitors that come in handy; the body style limits some visibility.

Should changed no gas cap problem free!!!
By marc

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I live in a state that requires a yearly inspection to renew my tag. Every year I have to spray WD 40 and clean and clean and clean out the no gas cap area to get the service engine light to turn off so it can pass inspection. It was a useless idea of Ford to design a gas tank with no gas cap! For what purpose? All kinds of dirt n crap can get in the gas tank! This year I had to buy a gas tank plug with a key and the service engine light went off and it passed inspection. One week later the service engine light reappeared. I am good til next year but what will I do then??? Its a 2012 Ford Fusion SE other than that I love the car. But Ford needs to own up to their mistake and recall and fix it for free!!!!