Used 2012 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Ford Fusion great car, but transmission poor
By Rick Severance

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall I really like the car but there's something about the transmission that sporadically acts up within first 5 minutes of driving it, where it doesn't seem to know what gear it needs to be in and thus causes tach to jump around. Then it goes away. Usually always just a slow speeds..

41 MPG
By sharkbait

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Fusion Hybrid as a Certified Used from Ford. It has meet or exceeded all expectations. I commute 35 miles one way to work; I have averaged 41 mpg since I started driving the Ford. It rides well, the SYNC system is handy, and climate control works well. My car has blind spot monitors that come in handy; the body style limits some visibility.

Should changed no gas cap problem free!!!
By marc

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I live in a state that requires a yearly inspection to renew my tag. Every year I have to spray WD 40 and clean and clean and clean out the no gas cap area to get the service engine light to turn off so it can pass inspection. It was a useless idea of Ford to design a gas tank with no gas cap! For what purpose? All kinds of dirt n crap can get in the gas tank! This year I had to buy a gas tank plug with a key and the service engine light went off and it passed inspection. One week later the service engine light reappeared. I am good til next year but what will I do then??? Its a 2012 Ford Fusion SE other than that I love the car. But Ford needs to own up to their mistake and recall and fix it for free!!!!

LOVE THIS CAR
By Tina Stanford

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2012 Ford Fusion Sport about a year and a half ago, used with about 28,000 miles on it. I have not had any issues with it. I love the security features, leather seats, navigation system, and the voice recognition. The only thing I have had to purchase for it is tires due to driving through construction sights frequently. The only negative I see is the amount of gas it uses. I was never a fan of Ford cars due to some past issues with Fords. I can honestly say that Ford got it right this time with the Fusion. I would recommend this car and would purchase another one when I am in the market again.

trying to make lemonade out of a lemon
By Sammye Baker

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Nissan in Yuba City, Ca; while they have been trying to help us a lot, the vehicle had 34,000 miles on it. It has been in the shop twice. All of the pullies had to be replaced. The tire pressure sensor and fuel sensor have not been reset. Apparently that's a special tool and the dealerships has been broken. So every time you start the car it sounds like a four alarm fire is happening. A week after we got it out of the shop, my husband was attempting to pass an RV and the tranny just shut off. He had to coast to the side of the road and the entire car was violently shaking and the wrench light went on. We had to struggle to get a rental car from the dealership while the car is going to be held for two weeks to be fixed. Its been there for about a week and we haven't heard anything back from them. I got a chip in the windshield from a rock hauling truck 2 days after we got the vehicle (no ones fault, these thing happen). When the pullies were being replaced they had a windshield guy try to fix it and he ended up doing further damage. We picked up the car with a spider crack heading towards the hood. When the transmission had its problem and the car was rattling the whole chip spidered out vertically from top to bottom. I thought chip repair was suppose to prevent this. I'm not an expert. After everything we as a family have a pretty sour taste about the vehicle. I really wish we didn't get it all in all. We had rented a couple ford fusions (with much higher mileage) in the past and love them. This one seems like the anti-christ of fusions. I feel like we flushed $15,000 down the toilet at some rutty truck stop. We did it to build credit in hopes for having a better opportunity at getting a home loan, no I just hope it will make due until we can pay it off somehow. WE HAVE OWNED THE CAR FOR A MONTH, ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR HALF OF THAT TIME!!!!!!!!