Used 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (3 reviews )

terrible shifter
By Dennymah

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car new, and now with 61,000 miles on it, the transmission is still the worse part of this car. I have not had any issues with the car other than the lousy shifting, sometimes feels like it is slipping transmission. When I first bought this car, the dealer service department told me that they get complaints all the time about the transmission. I recently test drove a 2013 Ford Escape, and it too had this lousy transmission so I didn't buy it. I have owned a lot of Ford's but this will be my last unless they get rid of this tranny.

Enjoying my hybrid
By kc57

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had this car for 2 years and no regrets.
Was surprised by the power especially when accelerating and pulling into traffic.
Rear sensors have been such a blessing.
Solid, comfortable, although could be a little better on the suspension but not a big issue and lots of extras at no additional cost including safety features.
Only getting about 32 mpg in the city but live in an area with lots of hills and stop and go traffic.
I have driven over 42 mph on electric.

Able to drive at higher speeds on electric, safety features and sync, high mpg in the city.

The suspension could use a little better performance, front sensors as a standard feature.

Love my Fusion Hybrid
By starzeta

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put 3,000 miles on my new Fusion Hybrid and I am averaging 39.5 miles per hour overall. Most of my trips are averaging over 40mpg and my overall average keeps going up each week. Besides the awesome gas mileage, the car rides smooth and is very comfortable.

I love the panel displays, especially the tree that adds leaves as the gas mileage improves. I like that it tells you your MPG for each trip. I like knowing when I am in electric mode and I am getting better at cruising on full electric when going 45 mph or less.