2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Very pleased

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

2011 Ford Fusion

S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Very pleased
By chootoi on

2011 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2011 SEL in tuxedo black and I love it. I traded in my Altima, which was a a great car. The only issues I've had is that the SYNC system was an unreliable piece of junk the first year. Ford finally released an update in May 2012, and SYNC has worked flawlessly since then with my iPhone 4S. My 3.5L Altima had a lot of punch, and the Fusion doesn't have quite as much get-up-and-go. That took a little getting used to. I test drove the 4-Cyl Fusion and that was too big a drop-off. I get just under 23 MPG in mixed driving--19 miles one-way to work each day on highway, the rest in town. That's a little disappointing, but I don't really drive in a way that lends itself to better mileage.:)

SYNC is great FINALLY. It was really frustrating and unreliable until the update. I also love the way the car looks. I went for the remote starter, took the stupid dealer pinstripe off (just a way to take 90 bucks from you), tint job, spoiler, black grille instead of chrome, moonroof, and that almost glittery tuxedo black exterior with black leather interior. It's a really great looking car.

I wish the engine were a little more powerful, but I knew I was stepping down in power when I bought the car. Still, my Altima got about 21MPG and my Fusion gets only about 23, so that's a bit of a disappointment.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review