2011 Ford Fusion 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very nice car for the

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

2011 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice car for the $$$
By dghott on

2011 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Fusion having "crossed over" from my Honda Accords. I upgraded to and AWD version because of the winter we have been having in MN this year. The AWD system is seamless and makes driving in snow a snap. No buttons or anything to screw around with. As with my last Fusion, I cannot recommend highly enough the sync system. I upgraded to the Nav system to get the touch screen and marvel at how high tech it is all the time. The 3.5l V6 in the sport has a lot of grunt and it is nice to have the power at your disposal, but the combination of a smaller gas tank and worse MPG is a bit of a bummer. Especially since I was getting 32-34 MPG in my 2.5l 4 cyl. It is a trade-off I guess.

Favorite Features

Definitely the Nav / Sync system. There is not a better system out there right now in any price range. Mercedes and BMW are a far cry from how nice this system is. I know, I drove their AWD's as part of my search. The AWD system works really well. Just give it gas and the car takes care of the rest. Pulling out into traffic or passing on a snowy road is no problem. Very sure footed and confident. The blind spot detection is a much nicer feature than I thought it would be.

Suggested Improvements

Faster shift down on the transmission for more giddy-up. This car feels heavier than my last Fusion which I would describe as being more nimble. I would imagine it is the added weight of the big v6 and the AWD system - but I wish it had more of the nimbleness.