Best Car That I've Ever Owned
By carcritic3 on
2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I bought this car new in June 2011 and have almost 29,000 miles on it. This is by far the best car that I've ever owned in my 50 years of driving. Edmonds does not have the proper description of this model Fusion. My car is an SEL FWD with the 3.0 L V-6. I traded a 2007 V-6 Mustang Premium Coupe for the Fusion and the build quality, comfort, interior materials quality are much better than the Mustang. The acceleration is as good as the Mustang and the fuel mileage is much better. I have had no problems with this car in the time that I've owned it.
Favorite Features
The build quality of this car is better than any precious car that I've owned. I consistently get 20-21 MPG in town and 28 to 30 on the highway. The acceleration is on the par with my previous V-6 Mustang and there is no comparison in comfort. The car does not handle the curves as well as the Mustang but handling is still good. I love the fact that this car came with all desirable options as standard equipment. The only options that it has are back up sensors and a rear deck spoiler. Overall, I love this car.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the car had a little bit stiffer suspension for better handling and the front seats had more lumbar support and adjustment. I don't like the climate controls. You have to take your eyes off the road to find the proper buttons control the fan and outlet registers. In my opinion the 2013 -14 Fusions are a step backward from the 2010-12 Fusion. Ford messed up a great car.