Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64 on
2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL. This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems. Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel). The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive. For my own car, I wanted better mileage. The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio. The sound quality is excellent. I don't use the SYNC features. Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good. For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW! Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.
Favorite Features
Nothing about this car irritates me. Quiet - little road or wind noise. No squeaks. This is one of the quietest cars I have been in with great ride quality. Excellent sound with the upgrade Sony audio. Good interior material quality & appearance. Automatic climate control - fabulous. The only time I touch it is to defog/defrost windows. The fan speeds up/down slowly, is quiet, & never blasts you. Uniform temperature. Mirrors - the self-dimming rear view mirror works & looks great. Side mirrors with blind-spot mirror - love them. Like all heated seats, they are wonderful in the winter. Plenty of room, even in the back seat. Plenty of cup holders/pockets everywhere.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy could be better. In local driving, maybe 21 mpg (can be worse). For high-speed highway driving, 31 mpg. Faster steering ratio. While the seats really are comfortable and the driver's seat is highly adjustable, I would prefer a little more support. You sit on the seat, not in it. Would have preferred an option for heated cloth, not leather seats. Radio antenna design sticking up on the back of the car looks stupid.