Great suprise.
By joe400 on
2011 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I have 6 weeks of ownership, 1755 miles and have been very impressed with the Fusion SEL! The four cylinder engine has more than adequate power but economy that exceeds what has been advertised. In five tanks of gas, three have been intown driving and I have averaged 27.2 mpg. On two road trips I have averaged 36.7 and 37.8 mpg! This is driving at speed limits! The car handles very well, the seats are very comfortable and the Nav and sync systems function without a glitch! I am also quite suprised at the quietness of the four cylinder engine. The Ginger leather interior is a great improvement over black, tan and stone! Safe to say I am very impressed at the beginning!
Favorite Features
Simplicity of use of the Nav and Sync systems is far superior to my Cadillac system. The fuel economy has far exceeded my expectations! The performance of the four cylinder is more than adequate for the driving my wife and I do! The seats are also very comfortable. The sound system (Sony) is very well done also! All in all, the car is very functional and stylish for our needs!
Suggested Improvements
There are things for improvement. The low beams are simply inadequate for night driving! For HID lights they need great improvement! The controls for the air conditioning are very small and poorly located. The drivers seat and the passenger seat should be identical in their setup. If the drivers seat has inflatible seat backs so should the passenger seats! Treat both driver and passenger the same. My wife and I both have back problems and each of us take turns driving on trips!