Fusion 2011 Engine shutdown
By ferb1 on
2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Bought my car from Frontier Ford mid 2011. Never go there again. The service department is unreliable too. The car loss power while driving (doesn't matter what speed). Take it to fix 4 times. Couldn't fix it. Ford or the dealership won't admit to any issue. IN fact, they said that my warranty ran out. Told me I should have bought the extended warranty. For the past 2 years, I have been dealing the loss of power in the car. Now I understand the statement "What do see on the middle of the road? A DEAD FORD"
By casey083
on 07/14/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

dear ferb1 I recently bought my 2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan and I am experiencing the same problem you are describing with yours. My warranty just ran out and I dont know what to do... a friend of mine told me that I should try unplugging the negative switch and plugging it back after about a minute. I haven't tried it yet but he said that it could be a glitch in the system causing it. If you have any other advice it would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks!

By pikvas
on 07/15/13 13:47 PM (PDT)

I believe I also am experiencing the same problem - going down the freeway at 70 and then all of a sudden started losing power and down to 55 at which time I was able to get to the side of the road before it died. I let it sit a couple of minutes and tried to start it - started fine. The Ford garage put it on the diagnostic machine but I was told because the check engine light did not come on there was no memory to show what may have happened. It ran fine for about two weeks and then the same thing happened. Took it back to Ford - but was told again - nothing they could do because the diagnostic does not show what the problem is. Any advice would be appreciated.