2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: 2011 ford fusion sel 2.5 l 6au

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

2011 ford fusion sel 2.5 l 6auto
By nedman3940 on

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased a 2011 fusion feb 2011, my initial impression of the vehicle was very good. The car drove nice and it seemed that it was well made. The second week of I noticed that the car would rev when trying to accelerate when the vehicle was cold, this only happened once. This past weekend I didn't drive the car for two days, when I got in the car on Sunday everything seemed fine . I started vehicle and tied to acclerate out of my development into traffic, I pressed the accelerator about halfway, the car revved to almost redline and it then engeged into gear after almost getting rearended. Now I feel like I have an unsafe vehicle. Please do some reserch before getting this vehicle, bad trans.

The looks of the car.

A transsmision that works and is safe for customers. It seems that these vehicles have widespread transsmision problems, check the web. Before somebody gets killed in one of these cars, something has to be done. Please do some research before purchasing one these cars. I'm very sorry that I did, now I'm stuck with an unsafe vehicle for 39 months.
By danohall
on 03/27/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

You think you'd be smart enough to take it into the dealership rather than say you're stuck with it for 39 months.

By drhmth
on 05/27/11 09:19 AM (PDT)

we bought our 2011 Ford Fusion, fully loaded except for NAV. Very, very pleased with all aspects, especially space. i'm 6'5 and spouse is 5"2, yet we both are very comfortable. still learning it, but love the Sync option. we went into the dealer to buy a Focus, knew the 2012 Focus was completely re-designed and our excellent salesperson proved to us how much more car we could have in the Fusion as opposed to the Focus. comfortable ride, reasonably quiet, very pleased with initial mpg, 29.8 and a surprisingly huge trunk space (yes, it is big enough for a wheel chair). seat head cushions a little hard to get used to because they tilt forward slightly, but all in the name of physical safety. plenty of interior storage for cups, etc.. after a very poor experience with Mercury a few years back (transmission), tought I would never go back to Ford. glad I did.