2011 Ford Fusion SE AUTO
By jmonahue1967 on
2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
averaged 19mpg until the car hit 3k miles and now it's 24mpg combined. interior is excellent, tons of storage, pretty comfortable, good quality of materials. BAD: at 3200 miles, the car is hesitating, surging, and performing very poorly. will update after seeing the dealer this weekend. no other problems except the weird misfiring and poor performance lately. it's not bad gas either. the car definitely does not get 29mpg on the highway. i took it for a 350 mile hwy trip and it averaged 24 mpg.
Favorite Features
interior storage space, exterior styling, quality materials for seats and interior plastic, solid factory wheels, decent performance (engine).
Suggested Improvements
improve gas mileage, improve handling and turning, improve quality control
By rtbrain
on 08/18/11 18:01 PM (PDT)

I have the same model as yours and have experienced the same sort of less than stellar gas mileage. It has almost 6800 miles on it now, about 65% of those are highway and the highest it has hit is 29mpg but the city average is only 24 mpg, a far cry from the 33 highway it claims. In addition, I think the transmission feels rough on both acceleration and deceleration and I have had it in for some braking issues that have been present since I have owned it straight off the lot. At first they told me I had warped rotors (on a brand new car) and they spun them. I made them replace them after that but it is still doing a shudder/hesitation motion when I brake. So far I have been very underwhelmed by my Fusion and will probably dump it.