2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Watch out, bad transmission!
By lizziebeth2785 on 01/26/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March 2011. The car was first into the shop 6 months after I bought it for shifting problems. They replaced the universal trans assembly. Then I get a postcard to come in to the shop for the lug nuts being recalled. So then I take it back. I tell them that it after starting it if it has been sitting for a while that I have to press on the accelerator pretty hard just for it to start moving. They told me this was due to the fluids needing to warm up! The car is not even a year old! So then I call a different Ford dealer for their opinion and was told that is completely false. I took it back and now they tell me it's normal! Put in a formal complaint with Ford Corp

Low power poor transmission
By buddyboy59 on 01/10/12 13:02 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

made the mistake of buying the 4cyl over the 6,the 4cyl is adequate for about town,but merging on to a freeway is a white knuckle experience,trans shifts hard from 1st to second,been to dealer,supposedly fixed,same problem,comfortable ride,handles well,rotors warped at 5600 miles,not overly impressed at this point.

Better than an Audi !
By s80sux on 09/29/11 22:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford Fusion is an amazing vehicle, the steering, handling, and overall build quality is wonderful. We traded in our 2007 Audi A4, and could not be happier! The audi had constant "check engine lights" and was poorly constructed.

Fusion a disappointment
By rtbrain on 08/18/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the the SEL 2.5L 4cyl and have experienced the same sort of less than stellar gas mileage. It has almost 6800 miles on it now, about 65% of those are highway and the highest it has hit is 29mpg but the city average is only 24 mpg, a far cry from the 33 highway it claims. In addition, I think the transmission feels rough on both acceleration and deceleration and I have had it in for some braking issues that have been present since I have owned it straight off the lot. At first they told me I had warped rotors (on a brand new car) and they spun them. I made them replace them after that but it is still doing a shudder/hesitation motion when I brake. So far I have been very underwhelmed.

Solid vehicle
By mazrrt on 08/15/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was forced to have body work on my 2011 Fusion. While on my way to work, several weeks ago, a recap tire from an 18 wheeler flew off and landed in front of my Fusion at 65mph. Extensive damage was done to the exterior of my Fusion, but it was cosmetic. I was also impressed on how well my Fusion held up with this incident. The only damage was cosmetic on exterior. I am also pleased with the mileage. I travel 26 miles each way to work on interstate highways and I have received as high as 34.9 MPH.. The overall average is about 28MPH.

2011 Fusion SEL with 3.0 is awesome
By mike7461 on 08/01/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 SEL with all the bells and whistles. Moon & Tune, Nav System, BLIS, Rapid 302A, Auto start, premium leather package. I have put over 5000 miles and my average gas milage that is mostly hwy is 25.5 MPG. Performance with the 3.0 engine feels just right.

Very nice car!
By jsnick on 07/29/11 10:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was in a 2003 Altima SL that had 85,000 miles on it and ordered a 2011 fusion SEL 2.5 liter in January and took delivery of it March 5th. Fusion now approaching 6k miles and very impressed with the quality, ride & design of car. Also I get outstanding gas mileage 32 +/- for town and 37 +/- on the highway (remember this is what I get and can vary by driver). Quality, ride & workmanship is far superior to the 2003 Altima. Although I don’t know if the 2011 Altima has improved in these areas, doubt it though, it’s the same platform (reason I didn't look at Altima). I will say Altima overall was very reliable, time will tell on Fusion.

Ford Fusion is Awesome
By rojack725 on 07/19/11 10:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So far, we're very pleased with our Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic Fusion with the Light Stone Leather interior. Color in and out is stunning. 175hp 4cyl powerplant is more than adequate for my daily needs, and it's very rev-happy. Passing power is like a V6. Mileage is 28+ before break-in. Very cool. 6-speed auto shifts confidently and seamlessly. Ambient Lighting and electroluminescent guages are sweet; make the interior look like a Tron Cycle. Sony stereo is very nice- bass-y enough and clear. The Fusion handles like a Focus and is the quietest car I have ever owned. All in all, we are very pleased and look forward to spending the next 10 years or so in its cabin.

Steering problems
By ken153 on 07/11/11 23:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I like the car but, I have a major problem with the steering. When I go around curves the steering wheel will not return to center. If I let it alone I would run off the road. I must pull the wheel back to center. This happens either left or right curves. I had the car back to the dealer for repair 3 times. They were not able to fix this problem. I decided to file a claim with my states lemon law. The car had 1,300 miles on it when I discovered the problem. I see this as an accident waiting to happen. I'm hoping Ford will take this car back and give me a car that works.

A very impressive automobile
By mrfreeze57 on 07/11/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the 2011 I4 sel for one month, 1000 miles, it is a fantastic automobile. The 4 cyl. has plenty of power and all 3 times refueling, all 30 mpg or better with combined driving, and while I have read of complaints of the 6F35 transmission (this is the first automatic I have owned) so far have had not one irratic shift and it shifts so smooth one can't hardly tell when it does unless looking at the tach, and also it shifts out of the lower gears very quickly helping it get such good gas mileage. The fusion drives nice and the electric steering feels fine to me, the engine does make a bit of a snarl at high rpm (as most all 4 cyl do) but normal driving it is very quiet.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*