2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By otownmanboy on 04/25/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, I own and drive the 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the automatic transmission. ( Not a listed option for this model under review section as it should be. ) I have been buying and driving all makes and models of cars since 1967. The most impressive thing about this car is it's thoroughness in it's excellence from the most major thing to the most minor thing. It does EVERYTHING well that a car driver would hope and expect a car to do. I have the completely loaded version and I challenge anyone to find a better fully loaded midsize family sedan for under 25,000 sold in America. If you do, please let me know as I will have to see it to believe it!

Solid vehicle
By mazrrt on 08/15/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was forced to have body work on my 2011 Fusion. While on my way to work, several weeks ago, a recap tire from an 18 wheeler flew off and landed in front of my Fusion at 65mph. Extensive damage was done to the exterior of my Fusion, but it was cosmetic. I was also impressed on how well my Fusion held up with this incident. The only damage was cosmetic on exterior. I am also pleased with the mileage. I travel 26 miles each way to work on interstate highways and I have received as high as 34.9 MPH.. The overall average is about 28MPH.

Big problem with manual transmission
By mike18040 on 03/28/11 05:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The previous review I wrote about problems with the manual transmission have been resolved. Ever since I got the car back from the dealer it drives fine. They did not replace the entire transmission, but said that something in the transmission was not machined correctly at the plant and had a small lip on it, causing the shifting problem. They replaced the part and so far, so good. Overall, great car for the money.

2011 Ford Fusion SE AUTO
By jmonahue1967 on 03/14/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

averaged 19mpg until the car hit 3k miles and now it's 24mpg combined. interior is excellent, tons of storage, pretty comfortable, good quality of materials. BAD: at 3200 miles, the car is hesitating, surging, and performing very poorly. will update after seeing the dealer this weekend. no other problems except the weird misfiring and poor performance lately. it's not bad gas either. the car definitely does not get 29mpg on the highway. i took it for a 350 mile hwy trip and it averaged 24 mpg.

Big problem with manual transmission
By mike18040 on 02/17/11 19:08 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new and had it for a few days when, on occasion, it would not go into first gear when stopped. When it would finally go in, it would grind very badly. I took it to the dealer with only 428 miles on it and was told they are replacing the entire transmission. Besides that, I love the car. Aside from the problem with first gear, it shifts extremely smoothly, has good acceleration, and handles like a dream. I hope the transmission problem does not turn out to be a recurring one.

Review update
By yogurt on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After driving 2200 miles to and from Oklahoma, I can safely say the car is great. Traveling at 75, I averaged 29.6 mpg, using gas with 10% corn squeezing. Was 32 with real gas. Slowing down to 65-70, I got up to 33.5 mpg. That is based on the computer readout, not calculated by me. On the way home, we drove 1100 miles with only a couple of stops at rest areas for catnaps. The seats were always comfortable. I like the power seat back in the 2011 model. At 75 am turning about 3100 RPM, about the same as a Harley-Davidson. The car needs a taller 6th gear. But overall, I could not be happier with the Fusion. All the trunk space is usable. Luggage for 3 for a week was no problem.

The Fusion Horrible
By joy316 on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Cheap Cheap Cheap. Filled with plastic. Horrible Ride-you feel every crack in the road. Many, many blind spots. 20 mpg. Seats hard and uncomfortable. 2nd worse car I've ever had (1st was a Taurus)

SE manual trans
By yogurt on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. My biggest complaint, and it ain't much, is the gear spacing. At 65 I'm turning 2500 RPM, where an automatic turns about 2000. Ford must have bought the trans from a different car company, and stuck it in the Fusion, with no engineering changes, other than fitment.It's a shame. Otherwise the car is quiet, rides really nice, and is very comfortable. I'm very happy with the car, but with a gear change, I could be ecstatic. I can easily drive at 40 MPH in 6th with no problem. Should not be the case. Average 26 mpg around town (suburban) and have hit 36 mpg at 65 mph. Going on a 2400 mile trip next week. Will see then what it does.

Lots to Like
By PeteCz on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a midsized sedan with a sunroof and manual transmission that was bigger than a Jetta or Civic. The Fusion is it. Plenty of room for my 6'5" frame. Power is adequate yet plenty of fun to drive. Smooth gear changes, but I wish 5th and 6th gear weren't so close together. Shifting to 6th at 55 mph or so only drops the RPM about 200. Stereo quality is decent. I miss the dual tailpipes on the 2010 model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*