Used 2011 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Everything breaks after warranty expires
By monique

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

my air broke about 2000 miles after warranty expired along with my rack an pinion breaks. Then my latch to open my drivers door. This caris driven by a single driver.

2011 Fusion SEL
By james892

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion back in September of 2011 and would have to say that overall I am happy with my purchase. Although, I have had some unfortunate tire luck, nothing else major has happened to me in terms of problems. When it comes to actually driving the Fusion, it is a good commuter, but not fun to drive. I would recommend the V6/new Turbo 4s, along with AWD. Fuel economy for me has been subpar to say the least, seeing as how it is a 4-cyl. I was hoping for better fuel economy than a combined 22 mpg. No, I don't race around in it. My other complaint, which I've seen a few times is that the Fusion can sometimes slip on slick, and even dry, road conditions. This can be annoying.

- Decent ride quality - Comfortable leather seating - Absolutely love the SYNC system - Gets great mileage on the highways - Huge trunk space - Reliability has been great thus far. (50000 Miles/80000 Kms) - Decent backseat space - USB port is more helpful than I thought

- Stronger engine with better economy - Increased leg room for taller people (6"4) - Different tires - Wind noise and suspension - Weather strips falling off lining - Power steering is unresponsive (numb) - Plastic seating material falling apart

Steering
By 2011sad

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I would tay away from this vehicle. With 55,000 miles on a car that I am still making car payments on a problem with the assisted steering has developon my 2011 Ford Fusion. I was told it will be about $2,000 to repair - money I do not have and a wish and a pray might get me reimbursed should Ford recall this. NHTSA is now investigating the over 940,000 complaints. A class action lawsuit has also been filed regarding the defective power assisted steering failure. I purchased thiFord after being a GM consumer for over 40 years. When GM stiffed me for rotting rusting brake problems on a brand new 2004 Silverado. I switched to Ford. I hope Ford does right by their customers.

None of those features matter when the car is unsaved to drive.

Make quality products before they go market!

Sensible choice, but...
By brittjmc6

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car last year used with 35k miles on it. MPG is from 23 to 26 depending on how much highway driving I do. Road and wind noise are definitely there. Steering is decent through wide ramp highway turns. The Fusion has a tendency for the rear tires to spin or 'skip' when you lay on the gas from a dead stop,especially in slick road conditions. Pickup is definitely lack luster, but hey it's a 4 cylinder. Unfortunately, the driver and front passenger seats are severely uncomfortable. I do not recommend this as a commuter car to anyone who drives 30 minutes or more, but around town is fine.

The appearance package (which is a painted front grill, spoiler, upgraded interior styling and stereo system) really set the vehicle apart from the others. The gauges and center panel are decent, and there's enough room for 4 adults comfortably. The material of the seats is stain proof (my son tested those himself!) SYNC was great while it worked, but fortunately there is an MP3 and usb hook up for aux sound.

More comfortable driver and front passenger seats.

Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL. This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems. Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel). The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive. For my own car, I wanted better mileage. The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio. The sound quality is excellent. I don't use the SYNC features. Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good. For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW! Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.

Nothing about this car irritates me. Quiet - little road or wind noise. No squeaks. This is one of the quietest cars I have been in with great ride quality. Excellent sound with the upgrade Sony audio. Good interior material quality & appearance. Automatic climate control - fabulous. The only time I touch it is to defog/defrost windows. The fan speeds up/down slowly, is quiet, & never blasts you. Uniform temperature. Mirrors - the self-dimming rear view mirror works & looks great. Side mirrors with blind-spot mirror - love them. Like all heated seats, they are wonderful in the winter. Plenty of room, even in the back seat. Plenty of cup holders/pockets everywhere.

Fuel economy could be better. In local driving, maybe 21 mpg (can be worse). For high-speed highway driving, 31 mpg. Faster steering ratio. While the seats really are comfortable and the driver's seat is highly adjustable, I would prefer a little more support. You sit on the seat, not in it. Would have preferred an option for heated cloth, not leather seats. Radio antenna design sticking up on the back of the car looks stupid.