2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64 on 02/10/14 20:11 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL. This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems. Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel). The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive. For my own car, I wanted better mileage. The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio. The sound quality is excellent. I don't use the SYNC features. Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good. For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW! Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.

Fusion 2011 Engine shutdown
By ferb1 on 06/26/13 14:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car from Frontier Ford mid 2011. Never go there again. The service department is unreliable too. The car loss power while driving (doesn't matter what speed). Take it to fix 4 times. Couldn't fix it. Ford or the dealership won't admit to any issue. IN fact, they said that my warranty ran out. Told me I should have bought the extended warranty. For the past 2 years, I have been dealing the loss of power in the car. Now I understand the statement "What do see on the middle of the road? A DEAD FORD"

Hardware is good software pathetic
By snowfire20 on 04/18/13 12:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have only minor issues with the hardware of a vehicle. The cruise control seems to downshift when on hills. The major issue is with sync. Ford lied when they told me no problem buy the 2011 and within 6 months we will have a sync upgrade for pandora. Its been 3 years and not even 1 update to the sync system. I will not buy for again.

My main problem is with SYNC I have had nothing but problems from the word go. Between Ford and Microsoft it one of the worst products to be in a car. I own a 2011 Ford Fusion SE and a 2012 Ford Focus and because of SYNC being what it is I will never buy a Ford again it just lost another customer.
By musicgeek on 11/29/12 17:19 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Car is good but Sync stinks.

Solid car but
By snowfire20 on 07/15/12 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car but it does have some major drawbacks for me. 1) Im a techie. I love techie things. So i saw the ford sync system i loved it. I was told of all the things there doing and what the system will become. Then i was shown what it did. I wasn't impressed with what it did but what it was going to be doing got me to buy it. Now 2 years later nothing i was told about has happened. Pandora tough luck should have gotten a 2012. Noone at ford will even aknowledge there doing updates on the system. they either lie to you or keep things from there own customer support. I've been a ford owner for all but one of my cars. This will prolly be my last ford there customer service on this terrible

Solid car but sync support is terrible
By snowfire20 on 06/20/12 12:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car. It drives great the handling and performance are perfect. The only issue is Ford;s sync support. There is none. There support staff know nothing about when or if they will upgrade. They dangle adding pandora or applink but no date has been set. Its been 2 years. Ford may have been the first to start with sync but there last place when it comes to customer service on sync.

Solid performer
By jtice on 03/17/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE after extensive research in December 2010. I went for the automatic transmission model. Now, I've got 31,000 miles on the vehicle. I haven't had the first problem with it yet. I was just told of a recall on this model due to trouble with the wheels. Vehicle is very responsive in turns, accelerates well, has a spacious trunk and comfortable interior. I've gotten as high as 36 mpg on long flat stretches of highway, such as through Kansas and northern Indiana. Typical, 33 mpg. I wish there was a bit less plastic panelling and a more stylish interior. Of course, I could have gotten that with the SEL model for a few grand more. Overall, very pleased.

Watch out, bad transmission!
By lizziebeth2785 on 01/26/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March 2011. The car was first into the shop 6 months after I bought it for shifting problems. They replaced the universal trans assembly. Then I get a postcard to come in to the shop for the lug nuts being recalled. So then I take it back. I tell them that it after starting it if it has been sitting for a while that I have to press on the accelerator pretty hard just for it to start moving. They told me this was due to the fluids needing to warm up! The car is not even a year old! So then I call a different Ford dealer for their opinion and was told that is completely false. I took it back and now they tell me it's normal! Put in a formal complaint with Ford Corp

Low power poor transmission
By buddyboy59 on 01/10/12 13:02 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

made the mistake of buying the 4cyl over the 6,the 4cyl is adequate for about town,but merging on to a freeway is a white knuckle experience,trans shifts hard from 1st to second,been to dealer,supposedly fixed,same problem,comfortable ride,handles well,rotors warped at 5600 miles,not overly impressed at this point.

Better than an Audi !
By s80sux on 09/29/11 22:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford Fusion is an amazing vehicle, the steering, handling, and overall build quality is wonderful. We traded in our 2007 Audi A4, and could not be happier! The audi had constant "check engine lights" and was poorly constructed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*