Used 2011 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Best Car Ever Owned
By otownmanboy

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, I own and drive the 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the automatic transmission. ( Not a listed option for this model under review section as it should be. ) I have been buying and driving all makes and models of cars since 1967. The most impressive thing about this car is it's thoroughness in it's excellence from the most major thing to the most minor thing. It does EVERYTHING well that a car driver would hope and expect a car to do. I have the completely loaded version and I challenge anyone to find a better fully loaded midsize family sedan for under 25,000 sold in America. If you do, please let me know as I will have to see it to believe it!

Favorite Features

1.small L shaped perpendicular center console allowing for lots of legroom ( other car manufacturers in this segment take note: The bulky concave center consoles you use severely limit leg room for driver's comfort! ) 2. the instrument control panel behind the steering wheel has the most used speedometer centralized in it's cluster ( other car makers in this segment seem to think the speedmometer should be everywhere except centralized as it has been since, say, the invention of the auto! ) 3. fun, smooth, quiet, comfortable and dependable high tech ride

Suggested Improvements

Highly recommend this car. Drive one. you will join the club!

Solid vehicle
By mazrrt

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was forced to have body work on my 2011 Fusion. While on my way to work, several weeks ago, a recap tire from an 18 wheeler flew off and landed in front of my Fusion at 65mph. Extensive damage was done to the exterior of my Fusion, but it was cosmetic. I was also impressed on how well my Fusion held up with this incident. The only damage was cosmetic on exterior. I am also pleased with the mileage. I travel 26 miles each way to work on interstate highways and I have received as high as 34.9 MPH.. The overall average is about 28MPH.

Favorite Features

SYNC, performance, quality and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to reposition the microphone for Fusions with Moon Roof package. What they should have, is a microphone that woulf flip in an downward position so you are speaking directly towards it.

Big problem with manual transmission
By mike18040

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The previous review I wrote about problems with the manual transmission have been resolved. Ever since I got the car back from the dealer it drives fine. They did not replace the entire transmission, but said that something in the transmission was not machined correctly at the plant and had a small lip on it, causing the shifting problem. They replaced the part and so far, so good. Overall, great car for the money.

2011 Ford Fusion SE AUTO
By jmonahue1967

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

averaged 19mpg until the car hit 3k miles and now it's 24mpg combined. interior is excellent, tons of storage, pretty comfortable, good quality of materials. BAD: at 3200 miles, the car is hesitating, surging, and performing very poorly. will update after seeing the dealer this weekend. no other problems except the weird misfiring and poor performance lately. it's not bad gas either. the car definitely does not get 29mpg on the highway. i took it for a 350 mile hwy trip and it averaged 24 mpg.

Favorite Features

interior storage space, exterior styling, quality materials for seats and interior plastic, solid factory wheels, decent performance (engine).

Suggested Improvements

improve gas mileage, improve handling and turning, improve quality control

Big problem with manual transmission
By mike18040

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new and had it for a few days when, on occasion, it would not go into first gear when stopped. When it would finally go in, it would grind very badly. I took it to the dealer with only 428 miles on it and was told they are replacing the entire transmission. Besides that, I love the car. Aside from the problem with first gear, it shifts extremely smoothly, has good acceleration, and handles like a dream. I hope the transmission problem does not turn out to be a recurring one.

Favorite Features

Sync, manual transmission, roomy, seat material, good steering wheel controls that light up at night.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission problems with the manual need to be resolved, rear camera should come standard because the high back makes it difficult to see when backing up.