Used 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Mysterious Problems Arise
By jsteph

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Fusion SEL but not for long. Mysteriously it stops starting up. Ford dealer couldn't find an issue. Ford dealer called FORD in Michigan and they couldn't troubleshoot the issue either. I would not recommend purchasing this vehicle. I've only had it for a year and a half and poured over a $1500 in repairs just this year. Not worth it, I'm switching to something more reliable. Another negative: Mechanics say that the rear break design is stupid and leads to excessive replacements.

Save your Money and Buy anything but a Ford
By Drew

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So my experience with fusions has been nothing but poor. Had a 2013 with 22,000 miles on it and the transmission went bad. Got rid of it and got a Toyota Camry. Not one issue with the Toyota. Have a 2011 fusion sport with 45,000 miles on it. Feel transmission going already and it could not pass emission test because the OBD is not functioning correct. Time to go get another Toyota. Save your self the poor product issues and do not buy a Ford. They seem to want to sell build poor products!!!!

Everything breaks after warranty expires
By monique

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

my air broke about 2000 miles after warranty expired along with my rack an pinion breaks. Then my latch to open my drivers door. This caris driven by a single driver.

2011 Fusion SEL
By james892

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion back in September of 2011 and would have to say that overall I am happy with my purchase. Although, I have had some unfortunate tire luck, nothing else major has happened to me in terms of problems. When it comes to actually driving the Fusion, it is a good commuter, but not fun to drive. I would recommend the V6/new Turbo 4s, along with AWD. Fuel economy for me has been subpar to say the least, seeing as how it is a 4-cyl. I was hoping for better fuel economy than a combined 22 mpg. No, I don't race around in it. My other complaint, which I've seen a few times is that the Fusion can sometimes slip on slick, and even dry, road conditions. This can be annoying.

- Decent ride quality - Comfortable leather seating - Absolutely love the SYNC system - Gets great mileage on the highways - Huge trunk space - Reliability has been great thus far. (50000 Miles/80000 Kms) - Decent backseat space - USB port is more helpful than I thought

- Stronger engine with better economy - Increased leg room for taller people (6"4) - Different tires - Wind noise and suspension - Weather strips falling off lining - Power steering is unresponsive (numb) - Plastic seating material falling apart

Steering
By 2011sad

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I would tay away from this vehicle. With 55,000 miles on a car that I am still making car payments on a problem with the assisted steering has developon my 2011 Ford Fusion. I was told it will be about $2,000 to repair - money I do not have and a wish and a pray might get me reimbursed should Ford recall this. NHTSA is now investigating the over 940,000 complaints. A class action lawsuit has also been filed regarding the defective power assisted steering failure. I purchased thiFord after being a GM consumer for over 40 years. When GM stiffed me for rotting rusting brake problems on a brand new 2004 Silverado. I switched to Ford. I hope Ford does right by their customers.

None of those features matter when the car is unsaved to drive.

Make quality products before they go market!