2011 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Sensible choice, but...
By brittjmc6 on 09/11/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car last year used with 35k miles on it. MPG is from 23 to 26 depending on how much highway driving I do. Road and wind noise are definitely there. Steering is decent through wide ramp highway turns. The Fusion has a tendency for the rear tires to spin or 'skip' when you lay on the gas from a dead stop,especially in slick road conditions. Pickup is definitely lack luster, but hey it's a 4 cylinder. Unfortunately, the driver and front passenger seats are severely uncomfortable. I do not recommend this as a commuter car to anyone who drives 30 minutes or more, but around town is fine.

Best Car That I've Ever Owned
By carcritic3 on 02/12/14 14:28 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in June 2011 and have almost 29,000 miles on it. This is by far the best car that I've ever owned in my 50 years of driving. Edmonds does not have the proper description of this model Fusion. My car is an SEL FWD with the 3.0 L V-6. I traded a 2007 V-6 Mustang Premium Coupe for the Fusion and the build quality, comfort, interior materials quality are much better than the Mustang. The acceleration is as good as the Mustang and the fuel mileage is much better. I have had no problems with this car in the time that I've owned it.

Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64 on 02/10/14 20:11 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL. This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems. Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel). The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive. For my own car, I wanted better mileage. The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio. The sound quality is excellent. I don't use the SYNC features. Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good. For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW! Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.

Fusion 2011 Engine shutdown
By ferb1 on 06/26/13 14:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car from Frontier Ford mid 2011. Never go there again. The service department is unreliable too. The car loss power while driving (doesn't matter what speed). Take it to fix 4 times. Couldn't fix it. Ford or the dealership won't admit to any issue. IN fact, they said that my warranty ran out. Told me I should have bought the extended warranty. For the past 2 years, I have been dealing the loss of power in the car. Now I understand the statement "What do see on the middle of the road? A DEAD FORD"

Hardware is good software pathetic
By snowfire20 on 04/18/13 12:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have only minor issues with the hardware of a vehicle. The cruise control seems to downshift when on hills. The major issue is with sync. Ford lied when they told me no problem buy the 2011 and within 6 months we will have a sync upgrade for pandora. Its been 3 years and not even 1 update to the sync system. I will not buy for again.

Solid car but
By snowfire20 on 07/15/12 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car but it does have some major drawbacks for me. 1) Im a techie. I love techie things. So i saw the ford sync system i loved it. I was told of all the things there doing and what the system will become. Then i was shown what it did. I wasn't impressed with what it did but what it was going to be doing got me to buy it. Now 2 years later nothing i was told about has happened. Pandora tough luck should have gotten a 2012. Noone at ford will even aknowledge there doing updates on the system. they either lie to you or keep things from there own customer support. I've been a ford owner for all but one of my cars. This will prolly be my last ford there customer service on this terrible

Solid car but sync support is terrible
By snowfire20 on 06/20/12 12:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car. It drives great the handling and performance are perfect. The only issue is Ford;s sync support. There is none. There support staff know nothing about when or if they will upgrade. They dangle adding pandora or applink but no date has been set. Its been 2 years. Ford may have been the first to start with sync but there last place when it comes to customer service on sync.

Very pleased
By chootoi on 06/20/12 08:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 SEL in tuxedo black and I love it. I traded in my Altima, which was a a great car. The only issues I've had is that the SYNC system was an unreliable piece of junk the first year. Ford finally released an update in May 2012, and SYNC has worked flawlessly since then with my iPhone 4S. My 3.5L Altima had a lot of punch, and the Fusion doesn't have quite as much get-up-and-go. That took a little getting used to. I test drove the 4-Cyl Fusion and that was too big a drop-off. I get just under 23 MPG in mixed driving--19 miles one-way to work each day on highway, the rest in town. That's a little disappointing, but I don't really drive in a way that lends itself to better mileage.:)

Best Car Ever Owned
By otownmanboy on 04/25/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, I own and drive the 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the automatic transmission. ( Not a listed option for this model under review section as it should be. ) I have been buying and driving all makes and models of cars since 1967. The most impressive thing about this car is it's thoroughness in it's excellence from the most major thing to the most minor thing. It does EVERYTHING well that a car driver would hope and expect a car to do. I have the completely loaded version and I challenge anyone to find a better fully loaded midsize family sedan for under 25,000 sold in America. If you do, please let me know as I will have to see it to believe it!