Used 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2011 Fusion SEL
By james892

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion back in September of 2011 and would have to say that overall I am happy with my purchase. Although, I have had some unfortunate tire luck, nothing else major has happened to me in terms of problems. When it comes to actually driving the Fusion, it is a good commuter, but not fun to drive. I would recommend the V6/new Turbo 4s, along with AWD. Fuel economy for me has been subpar to say the least, seeing as how it is a 4-cyl. I was hoping for better fuel economy than a combined 22 mpg. No, I don't race around in it. My other complaint, which I've seen a few times is that the Fusion can sometimes slip on slick, and even dry, road conditions. This can be annoying.

Favorite Features

- Decent ride quality - Comfortable leather seating - Absolutely love the SYNC system - Gets great mileage on the highways - Huge trunk space - Reliability has been great thus far. (50000 Miles/80000 Kms) - Decent backseat space - USB port is more helpful than I thought

Suggested Improvements

- Stronger engine with better economy - Increased leg room for taller people (6"4) - Different tires - Wind noise and suspension - Weather strips falling off lining - Power steering is unresponsive (numb) - Plastic seating material falling apart

Sensible choice, but...
By brittjmc6

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car last year used with 35k miles on it. MPG is from 23 to 26 depending on how much highway driving I do. Road and wind noise are definitely there. Steering is decent through wide ramp highway turns. The Fusion has a tendency for the rear tires to spin or 'skip' when you lay on the gas from a dead stop,especially in slick road conditions. Pickup is definitely lack luster, but hey it's a 4 cylinder. Unfortunately, the driver and front passenger seats are severely uncomfortable. I do not recommend this as a commuter car to anyone who drives 30 minutes or more, but around town is fine.

Favorite Features

The appearance package (which is a painted front grill, spoiler, upgraded interior styling and stereo system) really set the vehicle apart from the others. The gauges and center panel are decent, and there's enough room for 4 adults comfortably. The material of the seats is stain proof (my son tested those himself!) SYNC was great while it worked, but fortunately there is an MP3 and usb hook up for aux sound.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable driver and front passenger seats.

Best Car That I've Ever Owned
By carcritic3

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in June 2011 and have almost 29,000 miles on it. This is by far the best car that I've ever owned in my 50 years of driving. Edmonds does not have the proper description of this model Fusion. My car is an SEL FWD with the 3.0 L V-6. I traded a 2007 V-6 Mustang Premium Coupe for the Fusion and the build quality, comfort, interior materials quality are much better than the Mustang. The acceleration is as good as the Mustang and the fuel mileage is much better. I have had no problems with this car in the time that I've owned it.

Favorite Features

The build quality of this car is better than any precious car that I've owned. I consistently get 20-21 MPG in town and 28 to 30 on the highway. The acceleration is on the par with my previous V-6 Mustang and there is no comparison in comfort. The car does not handle the curves as well as the Mustang but handling is still good. I love the fact that this car came with all desirable options as standard equipment. The only options that it has are back up sensors and a rear deck spoiler. Overall, I love this car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the car had a little bit stiffer suspension for better handling and the front seats had more lumbar support and adjustment. I don't like the climate controls. You have to take your eyes off the road to find the proper buttons control the fan and outlet registers. In my opinion the 2013 -14 Fusions are a step backward from the 2010-12 Fusion. Ford messed up a great car.

Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL. This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems. Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel). The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive. For my own car, I wanted better mileage. The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio. The sound quality is excellent. I don't use the SYNC features. Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good. For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW! Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.

Favorite Features

Nothing about this car irritates me. Quiet - little road or wind noise. No squeaks. This is one of the quietest cars I have been in with great ride quality. Excellent sound with the upgrade Sony audio. Good interior material quality & appearance. Automatic climate control - fabulous. The only time I touch it is to defog/defrost windows. The fan speeds up/down slowly, is quiet, & never blasts you. Uniform temperature. Mirrors - the self-dimming rear view mirror works & looks great. Side mirrors with blind-spot mirror - love them. Like all heated seats, they are wonderful in the winter. Plenty of room, even in the back seat. Plenty of cup holders/pockets everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better. In local driving, maybe 21 mpg (can be worse). For high-speed highway driving, 31 mpg. Faster steering ratio. While the seats really are comfortable and the driver's seat is highly adjustable, I would prefer a little more support. You sit on the seat, not in it. Would have preferred an option for heated cloth, not leather seats. Radio antenna design sticking up on the back of the car looks stupid.

Fusion 2011 Engine shutdown
By ferb1

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car from Frontier Ford mid 2011. Never go there again. The service department is unreliable too. The car loss power while driving (doesn't matter what speed). Take it to fix 4 times. Couldn't fix it. Ford or the dealership won't admit to any issue. IN fact, they said that my warranty ran out. Told me I should have bought the extended warranty. For the past 2 years, I have been dealing the loss of power in the car. Now I understand the statement "What do see on the middle of the road? A DEAD FORD"