2011 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2011 Fusion SEL
By james892 on 02/19/15 12:42 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion back in September of 2011 and would have to say that overall I am happy with my purchase. Although, I have had some unfortunate tire luck, nothing else major has happened to me in terms of problems. When it comes to actually driving the Fusion, it is a good commuter, but not fun to drive. I would recommend the V6/new Turbo 4s, along with AWD. Fuel economy for me has been subpar to say the least, seeing as how it is a 4-cyl. I was hoping for better fuel economy than a combined 22 mpg. No, I don't race around in it. My other complaint, which I've seen a few times is that the Fusion can sometimes slip on slick, and even dry, road conditions. This can be annoying.

Steering
By 2011sad on 10/09/14 10:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I would tay away from this vehicle. With 55,000 miles on a car that I am still making car payments on a problem with the assisted steering has developon my 2011 Ford Fusion. I was told it will be about $2,000 to repair - money I do not have and a wish and a pray might get me reimbursed should Ford recall this. NHTSA is now investigating the over 940,000 complaints. A class action lawsuit has also been filed regarding the defective power assisted steering failure. I purchased thiFord after being a GM consumer for over 40 years. When GM stiffed me for rotting rusting brake problems on a brand new 2004 Silverado. I switched to Ford. I hope Ford does right by their customers.

Won't Stop Running
By carrie77 on 10/06/14 13:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2011 in 2012 it was a program vehicle. I love it and up until this year I had no issues. In May 2014 when I removed my key from the ignition the car motor was still running. I was able to put the car in gear and drive with the key in my hand. My husband pulled the battery cable to get the car to shut off. I called the local Ford Dealership and took the car in to check it over. They told me it was a bad battery, so I replaced the battery. In September 2014 the car started doing the same thing again. I took the car back to the same Ford dealership and they called the Ford Hotline and was told it was a valve. $88 later and my car still will not shut off, we have to pull fuses.

Sensible choice, but...
By brittjmc6 on 09/11/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car last year used with 35k miles on it. MPG is from 23 to 26 depending on how much highway driving I do. Road and wind noise are definitely there. Steering is decent through wide ramp highway turns. The Fusion has a tendency for the rear tires to spin or 'skip' when you lay on the gas from a dead stop,especially in slick road conditions. Pickup is definitely lack luster, but hey it's a 4 cylinder. Unfortunately, the driver and front passenger seats are severely uncomfortable. I do not recommend this as a commuter car to anyone who drives 30 minutes or more, but around town is fine.

Best Car That I've Ever Owned
By carcritic3 on 02/12/14 14:28 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in June 2011 and have almost 29,000 miles on it. This is by far the best car that I've ever owned in my 50 years of driving. Edmonds does not have the proper description of this model Fusion. My car is an SEL FWD with the 3.0 L V-6. I traded a 2007 V-6 Mustang Premium Coupe for the Fusion and the build quality, comfort, interior materials quality are much better than the Mustang. The acceleration is as good as the Mustang and the fuel mileage is much better. I have had no problems with this car in the time that I've owned it.

Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64 on 02/10/14 20:11 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL. This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems. Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel). The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive. For my own car, I wanted better mileage. The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio. The sound quality is excellent. I don't use the SYNC features. Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good. For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW! Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.

Fusion 2011 Engine shutdown
By ferb1 on 06/26/13 14:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car from Frontier Ford mid 2011. Never go there again. The service department is unreliable too. The car loss power while driving (doesn't matter what speed). Take it to fix 4 times. Couldn't fix it. Ford or the dealership won't admit to any issue. IN fact, they said that my warranty ran out. Told me I should have bought the extended warranty. For the past 2 years, I have been dealing the loss of power in the car. Now I understand the statement "What do see on the middle of the road? A DEAD FORD"

Hardware is good software pathetic
By snowfire20 on 04/18/13 12:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have only minor issues with the hardware of a vehicle. The cruise control seems to downshift when on hills. The major issue is with sync. Ford lied when they told me no problem buy the 2011 and within 6 months we will have a sync upgrade for pandora. Its been 3 years and not even 1 update to the sync system. I will not buy for again.

Solid car but
By snowfire20 on 07/15/12 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car but it does have some major drawbacks for me. 1) Im a techie. I love techie things. So i saw the ford sync system i loved it. I was told of all the things there doing and what the system will become. Then i was shown what it did. I wasn't impressed with what it did but what it was going to be doing got me to buy it. Now 2 years later nothing i was told about has happened. Pandora tough luck should have gotten a 2012. Noone at ford will even aknowledge there doing updates on the system. they either lie to you or keep things from there own customer support. I've been a ford owner for all but one of my cars. This will prolly be my last ford there customer service on this terrible