Used 2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2011 Fusion SEL
By james892

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion back in September of 2011 and would have to say that overall I am happy with my purchase. Although, I have had some unfortunate tire luck, nothing else major has happened to me in terms of problems. When it comes to actually driving the Fusion, it is a good commuter, but not fun to drive. I would recommend the V6/new Turbo 4s, along with AWD. Fuel economy for me has been subpar to say the least, seeing as how it is a 4-cyl. I was hoping for better fuel economy than a combined 22 mpg. No, I don't race around in it. My other complaint, which I've seen a few times is that the Fusion can sometimes slip on slick, and even dry, road conditions. This can be annoying.

Favorite Features

- Decent ride quality - Comfortable leather seating - Absolutely love the SYNC system - Gets great mileage on the highways - Huge trunk space - Reliability has been great thus far. (50000 Miles/80000 Kms) - Decent backseat space - USB port is more helpful than I thought

Suggested Improvements

- Stronger engine with better economy - Increased leg room for taller people (6"4) - Different tires - Wind noise and suspension - Weather strips falling off lining - Power steering is unresponsive (numb) - Plastic seating material falling apart

Steering
By 2011sad

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I would tay away from this vehicle. With 55,000 miles on a car that I am still making car payments on a problem with the assisted steering has developon my 2011 Ford Fusion. I was told it will be about $2,000 to repair - money I do not have and a wish and a pray might get me reimbursed should Ford recall this. NHTSA is now investigating the over 940,000 complaints. A class action lawsuit has also been filed regarding the defective power assisted steering failure. I purchased thiFord after being a GM consumer for over 40 years. When GM stiffed me for rotting rusting brake problems on a brand new 2004 Silverado. I switched to Ford. I hope Ford does right by their customers.

Favorite Features

None of those features matter when the car is unsaved to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Make quality products before they go market!

Won't Stop Running
By carrie77

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2011 in 2012 it was a program vehicle. I love it and up until this year I had no issues. In May 2014 when I removed my key from the ignition the car motor was still running. I was able to put the car in gear and drive with the key in my hand. My husband pulled the battery cable to get the car to shut off. I called the local Ford Dealership and took the car in to check it over. They told me it was a bad battery, so I replaced the battery. In September 2014 the car started doing the same thing again. I took the car back to the same Ford dealership and they called the Ford Hotline and was told it was a valve. $88 later and my car still will not shut off, we have to pull fuses.

Sensible choice, but...
By brittjmc6

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car last year used with 35k miles on it. MPG is from 23 to 26 depending on how much highway driving I do. Road and wind noise are definitely there. Steering is decent through wide ramp highway turns. The Fusion has a tendency for the rear tires to spin or 'skip' when you lay on the gas from a dead stop,especially in slick road conditions. Pickup is definitely lack luster, but hey it's a 4 cylinder. Unfortunately, the driver and front passenger seats are severely uncomfortable. I do not recommend this as a commuter car to anyone who drives 30 minutes or more, but around town is fine.

Favorite Features

The appearance package (which is a painted front grill, spoiler, upgraded interior styling and stereo system) really set the vehicle apart from the others. The gauges and center panel are decent, and there's enough room for 4 adults comfortably. The material of the seats is stain proof (my son tested those himself!) SYNC was great while it worked, but fortunately there is an MP3 and usb hook up for aux sound.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable driver and front passenger seats.

Best Car That I've Ever Owned
By carcritic3

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in June 2011 and have almost 29,000 miles on it. This is by far the best car that I've ever owned in my 50 years of driving. Edmonds does not have the proper description of this model Fusion. My car is an SEL FWD with the 3.0 L V-6. I traded a 2007 V-6 Mustang Premium Coupe for the Fusion and the build quality, comfort, interior materials quality are much better than the Mustang. The acceleration is as good as the Mustang and the fuel mileage is much better. I have had no problems with this car in the time that I've owned it.

Favorite Features

The build quality of this car is better than any precious car that I've owned. I consistently get 20-21 MPG in town and 28 to 30 on the highway. The acceleration is on the par with my previous V-6 Mustang and there is no comparison in comfort. The car does not handle the curves as well as the Mustang but handling is still good. I love the fact that this car came with all desirable options as standard equipment. The only options that it has are back up sensors and a rear deck spoiler. Overall, I love this car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the car had a little bit stiffer suspension for better handling and the front seats had more lumbar support and adjustment. I don't like the climate controls. You have to take your eyes off the road to find the proper buttons control the fan and outlet registers. In my opinion the 2013 -14 Fusions are a step backward from the 2010-12 Fusion. Ford messed up a great car.