2010 Ford Fusion 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Transmisson and steering

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Transmisson and steering
By lesmor1 on

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I thought the candy apple red metallic on the fusion was so pretty. I forgot it needed to be dependable. At 4000 miles it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. Had to rebuild the transmission. Drove to Boise from Portland a in Meridian the rack of the steering had to be replaced. It was about 12,000 miles. Fortunatly for us it happened when stopped. Not a happy Fusion owner. It is a nice car but needs to bdependable. Wish I had my Toyota back.

Favorite Features

Appeal, comfort, phone

Suggested Improvements

Transmission and steering, let you know if there is more
By hopefulone
on 10/25/11 12:48 PM (PDT)

I bought my fusion april 2010. i have a 4cylinder with stick shift. It is now october 2011 and i have had no trouble.The car is perfect right out of the box. I know some people who bought their cars during the cash for clunkers in late 2009 and most of them have silly annoying problems. You should voice your complaints on the ford fusion forum and see if any others have had the same go wrong.I know for a fact that ford technicians monitor that web site for abnormal complaints.