Strange Transmission
By lovenohate on
2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I just read a review about the way the transmission shifts on that 6 speed auto. It revs hard between shifts as if I was shifting manually and downshifts hard when the car decelerates - not smooth at all! I thought there was something wrong with the transmission so I took it to the dealer. They told me they reprogrammed the transmission computer, but it still shifts the same. It has also slipped into manual shift unexpectedly. I think this is really odd. I am worried about having trouble with this transmission in the future. Someone mentioned not being able to see out of the rear deck. True!! I have replaced a turn signal light is all and have 83K on it now. I bought it with 71K for $11K.
Favorite Features
I like the Bluetooth feature playing music on my iPhone and also able to hands free talk. The car also has LED lighting on the interior floorboards which looks really nice at night and can change the colors. I like the styling with the rear spoiler and the sunroof. The car can really accelerate fast with the V6 engine. The computer says 25mpg average on the dash.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission needs to be redesigned. The ergonomics of the sound system and AC controls need to be redesigned. I drove a new 2013 and hated the design of the interior. I like the design of my 2010 much, much better. The fog lights need to be redesigned to direct the light better.