Pretty Car, unreliable & poorly built
By Jim from Houston on
2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased new 2010 Fusion SEL in May 2009. Four cylinder provided adequate acceleration & excellent MPG. I was impressed by the quiet interior & smooth shifts. What a diff a year makes - now the engine sounds like a dying sewing machine and the tranny either revs to the red-line before a rubbery downshift OR it bangs out harsh clunky shifts). This is after the "transmission recall repair" The dealer claims this is normal for the car; however it certainly wasn't the norm at time of purchase. Additional problems have included faulty airbag sensors, faulty seat belt sensors, faulty starter, the list goes on. 6th new Ford in 13 yrs; sadly it's prob my last. Avoid this model.
Favorite Features
Back up camera is great; the optional sound system (Sony speakers) is an upgrade over the stock. Love the optional tire & wheel package 18" looks aftermarket very few on road like it. Great looking car!
Suggested Improvements
Fix the transmission problems now Improve build quality (bad mechanical components and switchgear is loose and breaking after 17 months) Improve service, Ford doesn't listen to the customer Improve quality of product
By babbs3
on 02/28/11 12:28 PM (PST)

My 2010 Fusion with 2.5 and 6 auto acts the same way. The problem I have is I have gone back to dealer and 2 guys who drove it couldn't wait to exit the car and said "thats the way it is supposed to shift". I have owned over 20 cars and NEVER seen such nonesense! The problem also is I have such low mileage(don't drive much cause I retired) and I am afraid the warranty will expire in years, not miles. Do you think I should try another Ford dealer?Or will they just shrug me off? Car also gurgles when cold started!