2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Not the quality I expected

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Not the quality I expected
By charly on

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We liked the sync system and the styling, that's why we bought it. Right off we noticed that the 4cylnder engine is under-powered. If I were to do it again I would spring for the v6 but I won't be. I am really disappointed in the build quality. I passed up on a Camry because of the high ratings of the fusion and now I am regretting it. After 8 months of ownership and 6 trips to the service department not including scheduled maintenance, I'm taking a loss and getting out as soon as I can. An 8 month old car should not have weather stripping and window seals failing. only 2 reasons for this, poor quality or poor craftsmanship.

sync, styling, handling in emergency braking(did save my life by avoiding an accident that I thought I would not have been able to avoid.)

improve 4cyl power or get rid of the engine. fire the guy who can't glue weather stripping on correctly. and improve the overall tightness and solid feel of the car. I want to feel like I have something that will protect me in a crash.