Not sure about this car yet...
By jmon1 on
2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I bought a 2010 Fusion new and it has 26,000 miles on it. Everything was fine until the 3 year warranty expired. In the last week I have had the A/C manifold replaced, the transmission throttle (scary when the car dies going 70 mph) and had a tire blowout. Thank God I bought the extended warranty as it was well worth the extra $2700. I also bought the road hazard protection warranty, both good for 60,000 miles with a $100. deductible. I would have already spent in the thousands getting this car fixed, but with the warranty I'm only out $200. Personally, I think the car handles and rides OK and the MPG is not bad. I think it's hard to see out of the rear deck though..
Favorite Features
Body Style MPG
Suggested Improvements
Lower the rear deck to make visibilty easier and the clock is really hard to see.
By scottjn
on 08/22/13 16:46 PM (PDT)

Don't think you would have spent $2900 to have those problems fixed. Not sure what the A/C manifold is, but the throttle body (it is not in the transmission) is $200 to replace on your own (very easy, see youtube) or ~ $500 at the dealer (less at a mechanic). The tire is less than $200 (is it even covered under the warranty?). Agreed though, not being able to accelerate going 70 is scary and and Ford should (and likely will) issue a recall for faulty throttle bodies.