2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Horrible transmission!
By schmal on 08/09/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As the title of my review says, the 6- speed automatic transmission is horrible. It hangs between gears. There is a delay from when you step on the accelerator until you actually start moving. Downshifting is clunky and jerky. It feels as if they assigned the development of the trans to a fresh-out and forgot to watch what they were doing. That or they released the alpha version and forgot to go through the usual refinements, like every other automaker. This is unfortunate, since I do like other aspect of the car. Nice ride, good features, competitively priced. The trans is a deal breaker though, and I fully expect to have it fail me. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Look at other reviews with same issue!

Bad Ford
By Dissed on 08/01/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2008 that was perfect in every way. I now have a 2010 and would like me '08 back. Transmission problems are back from Ford. I took it in for the recall and it did not fix the problem. I fear a new transmission next and that means more problems forever. Ford ruined the FUSION in 2010. Flex Fuel V6 automatic. It shifts like the 2001 Taurus I used to have for a company car.

My Best Car Yet!
By Erik on 07/27/10 22:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far my best business commuter/ travel car yet! I'm now going on 10 months of ownership and I'm coming up on nearly 50,000 miles and not one issue yet. I drive about 80k miles a year usually, and this car so far is super reliable. I love how comfy it is on the really really long trips (longest so far is 9 days and 3100 miles). The only thing I've replaced so far is the tires at 29k. I can just go on and on about how much I love this car! My last 4 commuters were all Accords but no more, Fusions from here on out.

Ford FusionSE auto
By DoubleG on 07/18/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have the gray Ford SE Automatic. Good riding car. Fairly quite interior. Drove a Honda, Altima, Hyundai. The Ford won out. City driving about 18 MPG and I mean city driving. Stop signs on almost every corner, red lights, heavy traffic etc. The few times I had it on the highway I got anywhere from 33 mpg to 35 mpg. Only minor complaint is the controls are to low on the dash and the elevated rear shelf in the back makes it a little harder to back into a parking space. I will add a rear spoiler to solve that problem. Overall a very good car.

Transmission
By disappointed on 07/18/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Transmission slips or clunks into gear. Recall did not fix problem. There are pages of Fusion owners on internet with same problem. My car is at dealers for the third time (counting recall) for this dangerous problem.

Way to go!
By T on 07/17/10 03:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Gm retiree here who traded 2003 de ville. This fusion is a one hell of a car. Fit and finish is excellent, paint is excellent, features and engine excellent. I immediately took this car on a one thousand mile run after purchasing it. Gotta say I had a ball in it. Plenty of power. Transmission shifts with ease. Low road noise and handling like a pro. Straight and tight all the way. Thumbs up Ford.

Ford hit it out of the park
By Mike on 07/16/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been an account manager for 35 years and this Fusion SEL is my 25th company car and it's the best I've ever had...so much so that I plan to buy it when the lease is up. I got 31 MPG at 75 MPH on the interstate. The SYNC. leather heated seats, heated side views are wonderful. My only problem was a rattle in the back that ended up being a faulty set of trunk hinges. I really love this car and I'm very pleased that it's American

Rockin' Car!
By Erik on 07/15/10 01:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great and amazing car! I pretty much drive for a living (I drive close to 80K miles every year). When I bought this car it was down to the Acura TL and this Fusion Sport and the bang for the buck was in the end unbeatable. I was really worried if the car would have the fun to drive factor in the twisties and retain the comfort over long hauls. I've made both of those trips dozens of times so far (Longest trip was 2500 miles in 9 days) and this car is brilliant. No regrets about not buying the acura I have nearly 45k trouble free miles! Will buy another one for sure.

No Fusion Confusion
By Dave on 07/12/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The car looks sharp, has a smooth ride and has plenty of room in the cabin. Have just driven it back and forth to work and around the area so have not really tested it fully as of yet. I have the SE version but it has a sport appearance package which includes a rear spoiler, moonroof, and sportier design on the seats

Fun to Drive!
By Doodle Bug on 07/06/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I traded in a VW Beetle for an "adult" car and was very surprised. It is really roomy and can comfortably seat adults in the backseat with ample leg room. The value with this car is amazing. It feels like you're driving a much more expensive car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$146 per month*