Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Comfortable But.....
By thekonz

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in September with 55K miles on it (SE fully loaded, Auto Trans.). I fell in love with the SYNC system, moonroof, and general level of comfort and build quality in the interior. About a month after purchase however, this car showed its true colors. It has had the stalling issue fixed twice, and still has intermittent issues. On left turns it makes a loud grinding noise, and on heavy acceleration the engine knocks. The rear quarter panel comes loose at high speeds and the headlights fog worse than london. I had to take out an extended warranty from my credit union in hopes of not being wiped clean financially because of this junk pile, hopefully it will get better.

SYNC, driver comfort, styling.

Transmission, Engine quality, overall mechanics.

Wanted to like this car
By ranner1

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our 2010 fusion late 2010 and have had no major issues with it and then wham! The transmission began giving major problems. We took it to the dealer first with no real help. We then took it to Mr. Transmission and they found a catastrophic failure inside the transmission. $4000 repair later and out of warranty we contacted Ford to look for help and at least for them to help rectify the issue with us and all we got was a "Sorry its your problem". Granted the milage was at 150,000km but a modern transmission should not fail this badly this soon. I am sorry I bought this car, for anyone else out there with this problem, report it to Transport Canada. Perhaps they can do something.

Transmission needs to be looked at desperately of if they have already fixed the problem, make up for there mistakes. Make things right with the customers that supported and bought into their supposed commitment to change.

Performance and Tire Wear
By rjpii

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am shopping ahead of time for new tires for my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. In doing so I ran across this site and other with a variety of comments and ratings. I bought my car in Jan of 2010 and have 45,500 miles on it. My tires are good for another 5000 - 7500 miles. And they have at times been put to the test. Rotated every 7000 miles along with oil service. This car kills every other 3.5 I have run against. The average mileage up and down my 27 mile communte is between 24 and 26 MPG. I am surprised that it has been 100% reliable with no additional service needs. I have owned 3 BMW's and this car is more fun to drive. Not as "secure" in high speed turns but good enough. Love it.

Great appearance (RED) Surprizing performance for the money Top end speed well in excess of 110 Decent handling Interior is a C+ Tier wear has been a surprise ....over 45K and still not close to the replace indicator

Loss of Power while Driving
By maggb

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Seems to be an ongoing issues for many. My 2010 fusion has 26K miles and at random times will lose power while driving down the highway. I push on gas pedal, and nothing happens. First two times no engine light came on. I coast over to side of highway and put the car in park, it shakes very bad. Then I turn the car off. I restart the car and is fine. This has happened 4 times now, so car is in shop. They think it is Throttle Body. Ford Dealer says, there is no re-call since they don't have that many complaints. This can be a very dangerous outcome waiting to happen. I just want to get the word out to others to be aware of this.

Electrical and Transmission problems
By yoc

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car in shop several times due to transmission slippage that always has to be adjusted. Shifting from reverse to drive causes a big jerk..and the latest is intermittent battery dying - dealer says battery bad and replaced for $200.00! ...First time owning ford and not happy with it at all! All reviews seem to be consistent and Ford not doing anything but raping pockets! Last one for me! Here I come Chevrolet and may be consider Honda - also the head rest and seat is poorly designed.

heated seat and outside appearance

• SUV