Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Auto transmission blows!
By dmdavis

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As mentioned by many others, the automatic transmission on this car is horrible! Why can't these manufacturers leave well enough alone? The 6 speed doesn't provide any better gas mileage and makes the overall driving experience wretched. It hasn't left me stranded yet, but I expect that it will before too long. I like pretty much everything else about the car, although there are some "basics" (outside temp., auto headlights, etc.) that are missing. Will not buy again unless trans problems are fixed.

Styling, audio system

Return to 4- or 5-speed transmission, outside thermometer, auto headlights.

Horrible transmission!
By schmal

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As the title of my review says, the 6- speed automatic transmission is horrible. It hangs between gears. There is a delay from when you step on the accelerator until you actually start moving. Downshifting is clunky and jerky. It feels as if they assigned the development of the trans to a fresh-out and forgot to watch what they were doing. That or they released the alpha version and forgot to go through the usual refinements, like every other automaker. This is unfortunate, since I do like other aspect of the car. Nice ride, good features, competitively priced. The trans is a deal breaker though, and I fully expect to have it fail me. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Look at other reviews with same issue!

Sync is great. Nice ride, good handling. Attractive dash layout. Decent room.

Transmission is JUNK! I don't even want to bring it into the dealer yet, since all other reviews indicate any type of "fix" will either not fix it, or make it worse.

Transmission
By disappointed

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Transmission slips or clunks into gear. Recall did not fix problem. There are pages of Fusion owners on internet with same problem. My car is at dealers for the third time (counting recall) for this dangerous problem.

Looks, mileage per gallon

Replace faulty transmissions, do not use band aid solutions

Ford hit it out of the park
By Mike

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been an account manager for 35 years and this Fusion SEL is my 25th company car and it's the best I've ever had...so much so that I plan to buy it when the lease is up. I got 31 MPG at 75 MPH on the interstate. The SYNC. leather heated seats, heated side views are wonderful. My only problem was a rattle in the back that ended up being a faulty set of trunk hinges. I really love this car and I'm very pleased that it's American

MPG, Interior and exterior design, heated side views (I live in Upstate NY) leather

The Climate controls are a bit to low a

Seat belt comfort sub par
By Wiggin

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought this car in may 2010. The car drives nicely. We bought the sel model fwd with charcoal black leather interior and sport blue metallic paint. We purchased the car with the blis system and the upgraded Sony stereo. The blind spot monitoring system is nice. A little sensitive but nice. The 3.0 v6 has good pickup and is quiet. I have two issues with this car. First, the fuel economy in city driving is abysmal. I only get 13 mpg in the city. The car only has 1100 miles on it though. The other issue I have is that the seat belt pinches my side when I buckle it. This makes for an uncomfortable ride. It is hard find a comfortable seating position.

Sync, Blind Spot Monitoring, Backup Camera and Sony Stereo.

Make the seat belt insert higher. The seat belt insert sits pretty low to the seat and is pushed forward due to the aggressive seat bolsters. I sat in a Ford Focus and the seat belt did not pinch my side.