2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews 8

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Best Car EVER! I am on my second one!
By wendyinslc on 09/04/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2007 Fusion and LOVED it! I traded for the "new and improve" 2010 and I have had the BEST experience with it! The new features like SYNC, new 6 spd trans, versus the 4 spd, is a GREAT improvement! I love the aggressive design of the front end, and EVERY thing about this car! GO BUY ONE ~ you WONT be disappointed!

All American Sedan
By fordguy4ever on 09/01/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has plenty of power and features in the class. The design is very American with the garish chrome grill and the plastic on the dash looks like walrus hide but is sturdy. Sync is simply amazing. The seats are well bolstered and supportive. This is a very good reliable American sedan that is fun to drive and nifty.

Motor trend car of the year mistake
By wilson on 08/31/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought 8/2009 at 18,000 miles new transmission was put in back in the shop 3 more times for transmission issues then back in the shop for the air conditioner blow motor had enough wanted out of the car contacted Ford motors headquarters and they could have cared less this is our 6th Ford it is a beautiful car but what a poor quality car cant wait to get out of this car

Poor Man's A4, Accord Defector
By JayR on 08/20/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted something sporty but needed a family car. Wanted awd. This car met all the needs. Get compliments from Young guys at the tire shop (rotate the tires. Since they're low-pro's) up to retirees. Most folks don't know what brand it is and are shocked when I say Ford. Great lines and the sport is packaged well. Super quiet on the road. And gas mileage has been more like 20 (pure city/suburbs) and 27 pure highway. With 25ish mixed. Couldn't get the car stuck in the winter. Tires just let me down on braking/steering. But if you're careful you won't get stuck and won't crash. Overall I'm very glad I bought this over 2010 a4 or used 328xi. 90k for 1st tune up versus 35k for Audi.

Test Drive Carefully
By RDW on 08/12/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in July of 2009 and am favorably impressed by its handling, except for the blocked rear view which forces you to rely on the side mirrors to see when backing. Also the dials are too small and hard to find. The air conditioner controls are almost impossible to see in strong daylight. Also there is no outside temperature gauge,which is inexcusable in this day and age. My real problem is that the ride feels like there is at least one out of balance tire. I have replaced the original Michelin tires and got no relief and put the Michelins back on. The dealer says this is just natural for this car and Ford knows nothing about it. Before you buy this car, drive it carefully.

Horrible transmission!
By schmal on 08/09/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As the title of my review says, the 6- speed automatic transmission is horrible. It hangs between gears. There is a delay from when you step on the accelerator until you actually start moving. Downshifting is clunky and jerky. It feels as if they assigned the development of the trans to a fresh-out and forgot to watch what they were doing. That or they released the alpha version and forgot to go through the usual refinements, like every other automaker. This is unfortunate, since I do like other aspect of the car. Nice ride, good features, competitively priced. The trans is a deal breaker though, and I fully expect to have it fail me. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Look at other reviews with same issue!

Bad Ford
By Dissed on 08/01/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2008 that was perfect in every way. I now have a 2010 and would like me '08 back. Transmission problems are back from Ford. I took it in for the recall and it did not fix the problem. I fear a new transmission next and that means more problems forever. Ford ruined the FUSION in 2010. Flex Fuel V6 automatic. It shifts like the 2001 Taurus I used to have for a company car.

My Best Car Yet!
By Erik on 07/27/10 22:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far my best business commuter/ travel car yet! I'm now going on 10 months of ownership and I'm coming up on nearly 50,000 miles and not one issue yet. I drive about 80k miles a year usually, and this car so far is super reliable. I love how comfy it is on the really really long trips (longest so far is 9 days and 3100 miles). The only thing I've replaced so far is the tires at 29k. I can just go on and on about how much I love this car! My last 4 commuters were all Accords but no more, Fusions from here on out.

Ford FusionSE auto
By DoubleG on 07/18/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have the gray Ford SE Automatic. Good riding car. Fairly quite interior. Drove a Honda, Altima, Hyundai. The Ford won out. City driving about 18 MPG and I mean city driving. Stop signs on almost every corner, red lights, heavy traffic etc. The few times I had it on the highway I got anywhere from 33 mpg to 35 mpg. Only minor complaint is the controls are to low on the dash and the elevated rear shelf in the back makes it a little harder to back into a parking space. I will add a rear spoiler to solve that problem. Overall a very good car.

Transmission
By disappointed on 07/18/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Transmission slips or clunks into gear. Recall did not fix problem. There are pages of Fusion owners on internet with same problem. My car is at dealers for the third time (counting recall) for this dangerous problem.