Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Horrible Car
By kriswe80

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Highly disappointed! Have had this car for 2 years and have had it in the shop so much. The arm rest broke requiring the whole door panel to be replaced, the A/C switch broke requiring the entire dashboard taken apart, serpentine belt shredded and never made any noise before happening now there's a recall on the wheel stud & rear brake disc inspection and lug nut replacement and sure enough I had a lug nut break before I even got the notice. The drivers seat is also electric and is very temperamental also.

HORRIBLE!!!! Never again FORD
By mskii

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is absolute JUNK and if you value your life and the life of your family then DO NOT buy it. The complaints about the car just shutting off (yes, even on the highway) are REAL and it is a very dangerous thing. I told the salesman I wanted something reliable and safe for my kids and I and this is the car he sold me? I should have known better than to trust. I purchased the car in Sept 2011 and haven't even put 2000 miles on the car. The car shut down the other night on Interstate 85 and we were almost rear ended by a tractor-trailer. This car is NOT safe and is anything other than reliable.

Favorite Features

The body is nice. That is the only thing good I can say about this car

Suggested Improvements

Improvements? Scrap it and start over. This is the most unsafe car ever. If you value your life, purchase a foreign car.

up date HAPPY DUDE
By bluefalcon

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

29700 miles and still happy. still love styling sport blue outside and blue insert seats. The 3.5 V6 still pulls strong, a sleeper but don't expect to take Corvette. Average about 22 mpg and need to replace first set of tires and will not go with the Good Year RS A tires again. Ok tire but not great.

Favorite Features

Body color ride good performance and handling , Sony sound system, Sync , great size trunk with fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Still wish for better MPG. Center arm rest to far back and to easy to mark up rims on passenger side while parking

2010 Fusion SE Auto Sun+Sync
By thom1486

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought mine used with 22,500 miles in August 2010; now has 27,500. I love the car. The ride is comfortable, yet athletic. The stereo is awesome; no mechanical issues, still a very solid vehicle. Easy to attain EPA fuel economy ratings. Have not had any of the transmission issues I have heard much about, hopefully they don't pop up. Great car, I'd recommend to anybody. I chose it over the Civic, Camry, Cruze, and Malibu

70,000 miles still fun to drive
By jorgeh1

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2010 fusion SE automatic 2.5l 4cylinder 31 mpg combined. Bought the car used in 2010 with 20,000 miles for $13,000 vehicle now has 70,000 miles. I have had no problems with this vehicle to date. I drive 70 miles everyday about 30% city 70% highway and get 31 mpg very happy with the car fun to drive and economical. Oil change every 7k miles with full synthetic oil. have not changed spark plugs. Right break light went out $10 to fix. have taken several trips from DallasTX to EL Paso Tx 600 mile trip got 41 mpg vehicle not even rated to get 40 mpg exceeded my expectations was hesitant due to reading reviews about transmission have not had such problem.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering wheel. Easy, simple to use. 6 cup holders always a plus. soft touch material. roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Happy with vehicle