Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Fusion JUNK
By Fusion Junk on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had transmission troubles from day one. Ford gave me the runaround for 6 weeks until I sold it. Never buy a Ford product again!

Ford totally disappoints me
By jeffandmary on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

6-speed automatic failed with 14,000 miles. Ford would not "replace" the transmission - just took two weeks to gut the offending transmission, and now it is loud and makes me doubt the car. Not where we want to be. I feel that the car is a safety hazard in the Washington, DC metro area traffic.

Ford Fusion SE V6 Select Shift Automatic
By Bob on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am pleased with my 2010 Ford Fusion SE with V6, select shift automatic, appearance package, and sync system. It handles great, has more than enough power, and gets better mileage than expected. In mostly suburban driving I average 23.5 MPG. One complaint would be that the transmission could shift smoother, especially from second to third. It shifts a little like a stick even in fully automatic and after a recall to adjust the shift controller. Another complaint would be rear visibility. The trunk is deep reducing height of rear window, making it hard to see when backing up, even for someone of average height.

It's A classic American Sedan
By drew.smithwick on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great engine and nice transmission. The stereo and moon roof are nice. it goes 0-60 in 6.6 and 0-112 (limited) in 20.3 Seconds :)

2010 Fusion
By Doug on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first domestic car I have owned in 20 years. Ford got it right with this car. Build quality is great and no squeaks or rattles after 6000 miles. Got 34 mpg on a trip average around 26 in town Plenty of room for me at 6 ft tall and a little wider then i used to be. This is one of my the nicest cars I have had in a long time. Spend the extra money for the SEL the leather,heated seats and the vision package are well worth the money.The SYNC system is second to none. I have most of it figured out by now. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great value for your money. The 4 cylinder engine is a little loud at times but the better gas mileage is well worth the trade off.

Not happy
By nothappy on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 fusion 3/2010. I really liked the car I never really own anything else other than a Ford. And after having this fusion am not sure if there is another Ford that I would like to own @ this time. I am having the same problems as for so many other 2010 Ford fusion owners. I wish I was for warned about the major transmission problems that is going on with the fusion. I have had to take my car back several times for the same thing. And needless to say my car is in the shop for a new transmission. This is so discouraging especially when a car note becomes due. Since my loan is threw Ford motor is there anyway to stop payments if you don't have the car?

love this car
By bud on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drive this car from easton wa. to western wa. Over two passes one way. Once a week ( on average ) I love the comfort & handling, it has all the bells & whistle ( almost ). I hope to own it for a long time. Best Ford I ever had.

Auto transmission blows!
By dmdavis on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As mentioned by many others, the automatic transmission on this car is horrible! Why can't these manufacturers leave well enough alone? The 6 speed doesn't provide any better gas mileage and makes the overall driving experience wretched. It hasn't left me stranded yet, but I expect that it will before too long. I like pretty much everything else about the car, although there are some "basics" (outside temp., auto headlights, etc.) that are missing. Will not buy again unless trans problems are fixed.

Camry killer
By Ford Tough on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought the 2010 Ford Fusion to replace a 2004 Toyota Camry. Test drove new Camry, Prius, Sonata, and Accord. Fusion beat them all hands down!! Car is very solidly built fit and finish is excellent! Ride quality is very smooth and cabin is quiet. Steering feel is much better than vague Toyota steering. Averaging 32 mpg in mostly highway driving Engine is perfect mix of efficiency and power. Very glad we bought this over another Camry! It's very nice to have a car with some character to it again!

2010 Fusion - Worth a look
By ronv on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I researched a lot and test drove about 6 other cars including Accord, Malibu, Mazda6, Altima. The car has great pickup with the V6. Seating is comfortable. Ride is very sporty without feeling every bump. The Sony audio system is great and the Sync voice-activation system is great once I figured it out. Storage space is sufficient. Fold down the rear set and you can haul an item over 7 feet long. Gas mileage is not necessarily as advertised. I'm only getting around 14-15 MPG. But using the Flex fuel which is around 55 cents less than regular gas is a big plus. Rear leg room could be added as an improvement. But, overall I love this car.