2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
love this car
By bud on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drive this car from easton wa. to western wa. Over two passes one way. Once a week ( on average ) I love the comfort & handling, it has all the bells & whistle ( almost ). I hope to own it for a long time. Best Ford I ever had.

Auto transmission blows!
By dmdavis on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As mentioned by many others, the automatic transmission on this car is horrible! Why can't these manufacturers leave well enough alone? The 6 speed doesn't provide any better gas mileage and makes the overall driving experience wretched. It hasn't left me stranded yet, but I expect that it will before too long. I like pretty much everything else about the car, although there are some "basics" (outside temp., auto headlights, etc.) that are missing. Will not buy again unless trans problems are fixed.

Camry killer
By Ford Tough on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought the 2010 Ford Fusion to replace a 2004 Toyota Camry. Test drove new Camry, Prius, Sonata, and Accord. Fusion beat them all hands down!! Car is very solidly built fit and finish is excellent! Ride quality is very smooth and cabin is quiet. Steering feel is much better than vague Toyota steering. Averaging 32 mpg in mostly highway driving Engine is perfect mix of efficiency and power. Very glad we bought this over another Camry! It's very nice to have a car with some character to it again!

2010 Fusion - Worth a look
By ronv on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I researched a lot and test drove about 6 other cars including Accord, Malibu, Mazda6, Altima. The car has great pickup with the V6. Seating is comfortable. Ride is very sporty without feeling every bump. The Sony audio system is great and the Sync voice-activation system is great once I figured it out. Storage space is sufficient. Fold down the rear set and you can haul an item over 7 feet long. Gas mileage is not necessarily as advertised. I'm only getting around 14-15 MPG. But using the Flex fuel which is around 55 cents less than regular gas is a big plus. Rear leg room could be added as an improvement. But, overall I love this car.

2010 v. 2008 (both auto trans.)
By SeanB on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Like another reviewer on here I had a 2008 Fusion before my 2010. I actually leased the first one. I had a 2008 SE with the sport package/sync, etc. I LOVED IT. It was a fun, sporty car. I was very impressed. The 2010 is not as exciting, albeit I don't have the sport package anymore. The car looks good, but Ford puts strange packages together. i.e. I wanted the monochrome pkg and sync, but it was no where to be found - it was one or the other. I opted for the moon n tune package. The car is good and economical, but the transmission lags terribly, no pickup at all, and hubcaps on a $26k car? C'mon Ford.

Best Car EVER! I am on my second one!
By wendyinslc on 09/04/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2007 Fusion and LOVED it! I traded for the "new and improve" 2010 and I have had the BEST experience with it! The new features like SYNC, new 6 spd trans, versus the 4 spd, is a GREAT improvement! I love the aggressive design of the front end, and EVERY thing about this car! GO BUY ONE ~ you WONT be disappointed!

All American Sedan
By fordguy4ever on 09/01/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has plenty of power and features in the class. The design is very American with the garish chrome grill and the plastic on the dash looks like walrus hide but is sturdy. Sync is simply amazing. The seats are well bolstered and supportive. This is a very good reliable American sedan that is fun to drive and nifty.

Motor trend car of the year mistake
By wilson on 08/31/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought 8/2009 at 18,000 miles new transmission was put in back in the shop 3 more times for transmission issues then back in the shop for the air conditioner blow motor had enough wanted out of the car contacted Ford motors headquarters and they could have cared less this is our 6th Ford it is a beautiful car but what a poor quality car cant wait to get out of this car

Poor Man's A4, Accord Defector
By JayR on 08/20/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted something sporty but needed a family car. Wanted awd. This car met all the needs. Get compliments from Young guys at the tire shop (rotate the tires. Since they're low-pro's) up to retirees. Most folks don't know what brand it is and are shocked when I say Ford. Great lines and the sport is packaged well. Super quiet on the road. And gas mileage has been more like 20 (pure city/suburbs) and 27 pure highway. With 25ish mixed. Couldn't get the car stuck in the winter. Tires just let me down on braking/steering. But if you're careful you won't get stuck and won't crash. Overall I'm very glad I bought this over 2010 a4 or used 328xi. 90k for 1st tune up versus 35k for Audi.

Test Drive Carefully
By RDW on 08/12/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in July of 2009 and am favorably impressed by its handling, except for the blocked rear view which forces you to rely on the side mirrors to see when backing. Also the dials are too small and hard to find. The air conditioner controls are almost impossible to see in strong daylight. Also there is no outside temperature gauge,which is inexcusable in this day and age. My real problem is that the ride feels like there is at least one out of balance tire. I have replaced the original Michelin tires and got no relief and put the Michelins back on. The dealer says this is just natural for this car and Ford knows nothing about it. Before you buy this car, drive it carefully.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*