2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Its a great car!
By SOLD on 11/09/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Swore off buying new cars and went 20 years between them. Ford Fusion had the right combination of options and quality! Those added to the unbeatable price pushed me over the edge. I like the interior, exterior and the gas mileage is great. Super quiet and smooth ride. Ford nailed it with the 2010 Fusion.

Trouble with starting??
By janet on 11/04/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 fusion and having problems with starting.I had to the dealer at 500 miles and they couldnt find what the problem was. It happened a few times more so the dealer has it as we speak. The problem i had was it would crank but not turn over till the third try. They finally did research on it and said it had to do with the Ground strap.Also when i received the car it was having trouble w/the transmission to find out it was 3 quarts low of fluid! Other then that it rides nice but had it to the dealer twice and i only have 1500 miles on it what is going to happen in my future!

Excellent Choice
By Allan Gardner on 11/02/09 14:12 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We checked several other possibilities, but kept coming back to the Fusion. We have found that it is very comfortable, it handles well and amongst other things the 2.5 engine has more than adequate power both around town and on the road. It is also a fun car to drive. For us it was an excellent choice!

May be the best mid size car
By mettech on 10/09/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

SEL, 302A, 2.5 I4, Nav, Remote Start, Smokestone, Med Light Stone. Seat are very comfortable. Rear seat room is a little tight with the frnt seat back. We get a 33-36 MPG Hyw. Very quite car. No wind or engine noise. Very little road/tire noise. Requested a brochure and we got an additional $750. rebate from Ford. We purchased the car at invoice since it was lower than X-plan price. The 2010 Fusion SEL may be the best mid size on the market!! Outstanding value!!!!

Not disapointed
By Hokiefan on 09/20/09 15:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took a lot of time reading reviews. This car meets or exceeds everything written about the car. I think it rides as nice as my Lexus RX330. Very happy to find an American made car which matches up nicely with the imports. Good job Ford. I recommend buying this car. I love it.

Great Car
By ruben on 09/02/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first 4 cyl vehicle I have owned and so far its been great. I though it would have taken me longer to get used to a 4 cyl but it has been a great drive. I really think Ford has done an excellent job with this car. Of course, I got all the extra features on mine. Moonroof, Sony system. BLIS this feature is great when changing lanes, back up camera, cross traffic which helps when parked between two large vehicles and want to leave the space, and the sync system. I really love my car (I never thought I would be saying this about a 4 cyl car). I really like the new inside and outside styling.

Happy to be back with Ford
By Mike P. on 09/02/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Handles very well. Smooth on the road. Tires are rated 44 psi and they had 40 when I drove off. A bit choppy so I dropped pressure to 34 PSI and it made a nice difference. (Door sticker states 31 psi) I have an SE model but it is nicely equipped with optional sun-roof and spoiler. I love the style and the crisp handling. Gas Mileage seems to be in the 30's avg. but I do a lot of highway. We'll see as it breaks in more. Very happy with the purchase. Fit and finish is excellent.

Very good car, horrible seats
By GBW on 08/08/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ford did a great job. Love the ride an handling. With 18" wheels, it holds curves like a sport sedan. Put about 2500 miles in the first month, w/ 27 mpg for my commute. Sony stereo is fantastic. Lots of space. Like the Synch system for hands free phone. The front seats are horrible. Can't find a comfortable position, even with 8-way power adjustment. I like the headrest, which most people don't. But my lower back hurts all the time. The cushions are hard and the back is too narrow. I'm 6'3", 190. Tall but not large. The seats are bad enough that I am considering replacing the car after just one month. Too bad, otherwise it's an excellent car.

Best Ford that I have bought
By nettenette on 08/01/09 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 6th Ford vehicle and even though I haven't had it for long it is my favorite. In recent years I have mostly been in the suv/truck mode but was ready for a change. My husband didn't want me to get a 4cly engine but when he drove the vehicle he instantly changed his mind. Plenty of get up and go. The car is beautiful and filled with enough bells and whistles to keep me clued to the owners manual to get educated. Good going Ford!

I-4 S pros and cons
By FISHER on 08/01/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pros: I-4 (4 cylinder, 175 hp) has good acceleration (I'm used to V-8's in big cars). Excellent turning radius. The seats are very comfortable. The trunk room is good. Cons: at 6'1", I find the shoulder belt to cross my upper body below my left shoulder in my most comfortable driving position; this is a definite drawback. The rear deck is high and limits visibility to the rear. There is no rear perimeter alarm to compensate for this. The numerous control buttons must be memorized for use while driving as they are small and the labeling is small.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*