2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2010 Fusion - Worth a look
By ronv on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I researched a lot and test drove about 6 other cars including Accord, Malibu, Mazda6, Altima. The car has great pickup with the V6. Seating is comfortable. Ride is very sporty without feeling every bump. The Sony audio system is great and the Sync voice-activation system is great once I figured it out. Storage space is sufficient. Fold down the rear set and you can haul an item over 7 feet long. Gas mileage is not necessarily as advertised. I'm only getting around 14-15 MPG. But using the Flex fuel which is around 55 cents less than regular gas is a big plus. Rear leg room could be added as an improvement. But, overall I love this car.

2010 v. 2008 (both auto trans.)
By SeanB on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Like another reviewer on here I had a 2008 Fusion before my 2010. I actually leased the first one. I had a 2008 SE with the sport package/sync, etc. I LOVED IT. It was a fun, sporty car. I was very impressed. The 2010 is not as exciting, albeit I don't have the sport package anymore. The car looks good, but Ford puts strange packages together. i.e. I wanted the monochrome pkg and sync, but it was no where to be found - it was one or the other. I opted for the moon n tune package. The car is good and economical, but the transmission lags terribly, no pickup at all, and hubcaps on a $26k car? C'mon Ford.

Best Car EVER! I am on my second one!
By wendyinslc on 09/04/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2007 Fusion and LOVED it! I traded for the "new and improve" 2010 and I have had the BEST experience with it! The new features like SYNC, new 6 spd trans, versus the 4 spd, is a GREAT improvement! I love the aggressive design of the front end, and EVERY thing about this car! GO BUY ONE ~ you WONT be disappointed!

All American Sedan
By fordguy4ever on 09/01/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has plenty of power and features in the class. The design is very American with the garish chrome grill and the plastic on the dash looks like walrus hide but is sturdy. Sync is simply amazing. The seats are well bolstered and supportive. This is a very good reliable American sedan that is fun to drive and nifty.

Motor trend car of the year mistake
By wilson on 08/31/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought 8/2009 at 18,000 miles new transmission was put in back in the shop 3 more times for transmission issues then back in the shop for the air conditioner blow motor had enough wanted out of the car contacted Ford motors headquarters and they could have cared less this is our 6th Ford it is a beautiful car but what a poor quality car cant wait to get out of this car

Poor Man's A4, Accord Defector
By JayR on 08/20/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted something sporty but needed a family car. Wanted awd. This car met all the needs. Get compliments from Young guys at the tire shop (rotate the tires. Since they're low-pro's) up to retirees. Most folks don't know what brand it is and are shocked when I say Ford. Great lines and the sport is packaged well. Super quiet on the road. And gas mileage has been more like 20 (pure city/suburbs) and 27 pure highway. With 25ish mixed. Couldn't get the car stuck in the winter. Tires just let me down on braking/steering. But if you're careful you won't get stuck and won't crash. Overall I'm very glad I bought this over 2010 a4 or used 328xi. 90k for 1st tune up versus 35k for Audi.

Test Drive Carefully
By RDW on 08/12/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in July of 2009 and am favorably impressed by its handling, except for the blocked rear view which forces you to rely on the side mirrors to see when backing. Also the dials are too small and hard to find. The air conditioner controls are almost impossible to see in strong daylight. Also there is no outside temperature gauge,which is inexcusable in this day and age. My real problem is that the ride feels like there is at least one out of balance tire. I have replaced the original Michelin tires and got no relief and put the Michelins back on. The dealer says this is just natural for this car and Ford knows nothing about it. Before you buy this car, drive it carefully.

Horrible transmission!
By schmal on 08/09/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As the title of my review says, the 6- speed automatic transmission is horrible. It hangs between gears. There is a delay from when you step on the accelerator until you actually start moving. Downshifting is clunky and jerky. It feels as if they assigned the development of the trans to a fresh-out and forgot to watch what they were doing. That or they released the alpha version and forgot to go through the usual refinements, like every other automaker. This is unfortunate, since I do like other aspect of the car. Nice ride, good features, competitively priced. The trans is a deal breaker though, and I fully expect to have it fail me. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Look at other reviews with same issue!

Bad Ford
By Dissed on 08/01/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2008 that was perfect in every way. I now have a 2010 and would like me '08 back. Transmission problems are back from Ford. I took it in for the recall and it did not fix the problem. I fear a new transmission next and that means more problems forever. Ford ruined the FUSION in 2010. Flex Fuel V6 automatic. It shifts like the 2001 Taurus I used to have for a company car.

My Best Car Yet!
By Erik on 07/27/10 22:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far my best business commuter/ travel car yet! I'm now going on 10 months of ownership and I'm coming up on nearly 50,000 miles and not one issue yet. I drive about 80k miles a year usually, and this car so far is super reliable. I love how comfy it is on the really really long trips (longest so far is 9 days and 3100 miles). The only thing I've replaced so far is the tires at 29k. I can just go on and on about how much I love this car! My last 4 commuters were all Accords but no more, Fusions from here on out.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in NJ is:

$249 per month*