2010 Ford Fusion 3.0L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 6SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.0L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic)

6SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS
By soccerguy48025 on

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beware!!! A simple internet search will reveal tons of problems with the 6F35 auto trans in the 2010 Fusion and Escape. My car is experiencing problems with frequent shift flaring, which will then be followed by a hard shift and forward jolt. This jolt caused me to hit another car in front of me thus damaging my chrome grille. The car will also shift into neutral by itself at times creating a dead spot in acceleration. After software reprograms, new valve body, and complete overhaul including new clutches, my car now drives significantly worse. The trans now struggles and is very sloppy overall. Now, my transaxle shaft seal is leaking fluid and clutch material has been found in the fluid.

Favorite Features

Ambient Interior Lighting, Sony Sound System

Suggested Improvements

An automatic transmission that functions and shifts correctly. Chrome interior door handles that actually function properly and don't break. A dashboards that doesn't ooze plasticide out of it. How disgusting! A temperature blend door that doesn't malfunction. Sync needs better software!
By matt2010
on 05/14/11 11:49 AM (PDT)

My 2010 Fusion has 8400 miles on it ,6 speed transmission just started to slip and surge under heavy acceleration ,it popped into neutral once accelerating up a hill . I took into the dealer yesterday to book an appointment , and first thing they were looking for is leaks , after test drive they mentioned it maybe a valve body problem ? Goes into shop next week and is booked for a least two day's , after reading other reviews sounds like this maybe a common problem any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated

By a1rforcecat
on 04/28/11 14:22 PM (PDT)

Question: when did you have all this work done on trans? The problem is valve body made in China and quickly wears out. I was told (after some prouding) that Ford had updated the valve body and had new seals!!! My trans had no leaks but have read about leaks on other forums. Funny rented a 2010 festa trans did the same thing as mind only worse, unreal. Driving car back I could feel the difference, much better. Part #BL8Z 7A100 A kit #9L8Z 7153 G. Please check and see if same parts or different. If it is same I am going to return as I have a real bad neck couldn't imagine jolt. Thanks for your or anybody else that had rebuild reply. NOTE: tech said Direct Clutch Seal Worn!!!! 3400 miles!!!!

By wolffchad
on 07/19/11 18:06 PM (PDT)

I guess i don't have much to add. I have the same exact issues as everyone else had with their 2010 and up fusions. I have had the PCM flashed 3 times, half-shaft , bushings, seals replaced, along with clutches. all that before 19,000 miles. At 25,000 miles the transmission was rebuilt. Thing about this is the fusion transmission completely failed but returned no computer codes indicating a problems and no warning lights. Now a day after the rebuild it's start that 2-3 shift flare. Would it be absurd to say that no computer codes indicating a problem might be intentional? Did ford know these transmission were defective when they built the car and deliberately programmed the computer not to return any error codes? I bought an extended warranty when i purchased the car and have 5 years left on the power train warranty. Am looking at the lemon laws and may just trade the car in since it's still worth more than i owe. What do you all think? Keep, sue, or trade in? If i buy another new car it will still be a few thousand more than i get for the fusion as a trade in which means i start all over again with a loan that is longer.

By soccerguy48025
on 07/09/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

Hi Guys: The trans in the 2010 Fusion are junk. Do not walk away from these cars, RUN away from these cars. Run like the wind! I now am involved in a lemon law lawsuit on my car. I qualified for lemon law in my state some time ago. My trans was rebuilt around late November of 2010. It didn't take long at all for new problems to emerge. Now, my car struggles and has to be floored to get any acceleration power. It is bogged down. The car doesn't want to stay in gear, it also keeps prematurely downshifting. The shifting and fuel economy are down right all around terrible. I live in metro detroit and know a bunch of Ford people, they are all turds and cowards who will look at you and smile and tell you that they're not aware of any problems with this transmission. They all deserve to be working at Taco Bell and have foreclosure papers on their front doors. I cannot wait to go back to an import. Anyways, my transmission rebuilt kit was the same exact number. However, my valve body code was all the same digits except for the first one. My car is the 3.0L V6 with the sport shift trans, maybe you have the 4 cylinder? BTW, my attorney tells me that there are tons and tons of lemon law lawsuits out on these cars right now. And guess what else, consumer reports gives an excellent rating on the trans reliability history category for 2010 Fusion. Sounds fishy to me!!!!! This will be the last Detroit car I ever own.