2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Ford once again owns midsize sedans.
By Steve on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal, I traded in my 2004 F-150 for this car as I was in need of a car that gives me better mileage. I ended up test driving a Hyundai Sonata 2010, Honda Accord 2010, Toyota Camry 2010, and Nissan Altima 2010. To keep it short and sweet, this car came out the victor of the test drives, it gives you a great interior with great standard options, that the Japanese automakers nickel and dime you for. The drive of the vehicle is very smooth and A LOT more fun, it beats the Accord which to me was the 2nd of the lineup in value and fun factor. Overall give this car a try I assure you wont be disappointed in what Ford has done to compete with the japanese.

Love my Fusion
By Megan on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my fusion for a little over a month now and I love it. I was deciding between it and the Accord. In the end the Fusion won hands down because of all the cool features the car has. It is a nice smooth ride and I love the SYNC system and bluetooth. It is the prefect size sedan where it is not too big. It looks great on the outside and inside. So glad I bought a Ford!

Loved it, but
By Great car, except! on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had my AWD Fusion for 13 months. Loved everything about it, except the seats. The seats were way too low for my wife and I, and both got severe back aches on a long trip. Ended up trading it in after just 13 months because we could not adapt to the seats. Otherwise, a really great car, and I will miss it.

Pretty Car, unreliable & poorly built
By Jim from Houston on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new 2010 Fusion SEL in May 2009. Four cylinder provided adequate acceleration & excellent MPG. I was impressed by the quiet interior & smooth shifts. What a diff a year makes - now the engine sounds like a dying sewing machine and the tranny either revs to the red-line before a rubbery downshift OR it bangs out harsh clunky shifts). This is after the "transmission recall repair" The dealer claims this is normal for the car; however it certainly wasn't the norm at time of purchase. Additional problems have included faulty airbag sensors, faulty seat belt sensors, faulty starter, the list goes on. 6th new Ford in 13 yrs; sadly it's prob my last. Avoid this model.

Fusion JUNK
By Fusion Junk on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had transmission troubles from day one. Ford gave me the runaround for 6 weeks until I sold it. Never buy a Ford product again!

Ford totally disappoints me
By jeffandmary on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

6-speed automatic failed with 14,000 miles. Ford would not "replace" the transmission - just took two weeks to gut the offending transmission, and now it is loud and makes me doubt the car. Not where we want to be. I feel that the car is a safety hazard in the Washington, DC metro area traffic.

Ford Fusion SE V6 Select Shift Automatic
By Bob on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am pleased with my 2010 Ford Fusion SE with V6, select shift automatic, appearance package, and sync system. It handles great, has more than enough power, and gets better mileage than expected. In mostly suburban driving I average 23.5 MPG. One complaint would be that the transmission could shift smoother, especially from second to third. It shifts a little like a stick even in fully automatic and after a recall to adjust the shift controller. Another complaint would be rear visibility. The trunk is deep reducing height of rear window, making it hard to see when backing up, even for someone of average height.

It's A classic American Sedan
By drew.smithwick on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great engine and nice transmission. The stereo and moon roof are nice. it goes 0-60 in 6.6 and 0-112 (limited) in 20.3 Seconds :)

2010 Fusion
By Doug on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first domestic car I have owned in 20 years. Ford got it right with this car. Build quality is great and no squeaks or rattles after 6000 miles. Got 34 mpg on a trip average around 26 in town Plenty of room for me at 6 ft tall and a little wider then i used to be. This is one of my the nicest cars I have had in a long time. Spend the extra money for the SEL the leather,heated seats and the vision package are well worth the money.The SYNC system is second to none. I have most of it figured out by now. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great value for your money. The 4 cylinder engine is a little loud at times but the better gas mileage is well worth the trade off.

Not happy
By nothappy on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 fusion 3/2010. I really liked the car I never really own anything else other than a Ford. And after having this fusion am not sure if there is another Ford that I would like to own @ this time. I am having the same problems as for so many other 2010 Ford fusion owners. I wish I was for warned about the major transmission problems that is going on with the fusion. I have had to take my car back several times for the same thing. And needless to say my car is in the shop for a new transmission. This is so discouraging especially when a car note becomes due. Since my loan is threw Ford motor is there anyway to stop payments if you don't have the car?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$146 per month*