2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews 6

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
6 Speed Manual
By mnfusion on 01/12/11 20:37 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Fusion 8 monthes ago and have already racked up 26,000 miles. So far I have had no problems to speak of. Gas mileage with the 4cyl. manual has been between 26mpg and 32mpg. Overall very nice vehicle. It runs quiet and smooth down the road and gets up and goes well for a 4 cyl.

Transmission problems
By clayfish on 12/14/10 22:01 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We are having transmission problems as well with our brand new 2010 Fusion. The car has been at the dealer for over a week. Not the quality I expected from Ford. Be wary of Ford's faulty transmissions.

Overall evaluation
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Could use a taller 6th gear and slots for maps on the sides of the doors, also a power source outlet in the trunk for accessories. Ride is harsh on rough roads but most unibody cars are. A full frame would improve the ride greatly. We don't have pool table smooth roads around here. The dash could use some color otherwise the car is nice and tight and handles beautifully.

Not the quality I expected
By charly on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We liked the sync system and the styling, that's why we bought it. Right off we noticed that the 4cylnder engine is under-powered. If I were to do it again I would spring for the v6 but I won't be. I am really disappointed in the build quality. I passed up on a Camry because of the high ratings of the fusion and now I am regretting it. After 8 months of ownership and 6 trips to the service department not including scheduled maintenance, I'm taking a loss and getting out as soon as I can. An 8 month old car should not have weather stripping and window seals failing. only 2 reasons for this, poor quality or poor craftsmanship.

Ford once again owns midsize sedans.
By Steve on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal, I traded in my 2004 F-150 for this car as I was in need of a car that gives me better mileage. I ended up test driving a Hyundai Sonata 2010, Honda Accord 2010, Toyota Camry 2010, and Nissan Altima 2010. To keep it short and sweet, this car came out the victor of the test drives, it gives you a great interior with great standard options, that the Japanese automakers nickel and dime you for. The drive of the vehicle is very smooth and A LOT more fun, it beats the Accord which to me was the 2nd of the lineup in value and fun factor. Overall give this car a try I assure you wont be disappointed in what Ford has done to compete with the japanese.

Love my Fusion
By Megan on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my fusion for a little over a month now and I love it. I was deciding between it and the Accord. In the end the Fusion won hands down because of all the cool features the car has. It is a nice smooth ride and I love the SYNC system and bluetooth. It is the prefect size sedan where it is not too big. It looks great on the outside and inside. So glad I bought a Ford!

Loved it, but
By Great car, except! on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had my AWD Fusion for 13 months. Loved everything about it, except the seats. The seats were way too low for my wife and I, and both got severe back aches on a long trip. Ended up trading it in after just 13 months because we could not adapt to the seats. Otherwise, a really great car, and I will miss it.

Pretty Car, unreliable & poorly built
By Jim from Houston on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new 2010 Fusion SEL in May 2009. Four cylinder provided adequate acceleration & excellent MPG. I was impressed by the quiet interior & smooth shifts. What a diff a year makes - now the engine sounds like a dying sewing machine and the tranny either revs to the red-line before a rubbery downshift OR it bangs out harsh clunky shifts). This is after the "transmission recall repair" The dealer claims this is normal for the car; however it certainly wasn't the norm at time of purchase. Additional problems have included faulty airbag sensors, faulty seat belt sensors, faulty starter, the list goes on. 6th new Ford in 13 yrs; sadly it's prob my last. Avoid this model.

Ford totally disappoints me
By jeffandmary on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

6-speed automatic failed with 14,000 miles. Ford would not "replace" the transmission - just took two weeks to gut the offending transmission, and now it is loud and makes me doubt the car. Not where we want to be. I feel that the car is a safety hazard in the Washington, DC metro area traffic.

Fusion JUNK
By Fusion Junk on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had transmission troubles from day one. Ford gave me the runaround for 6 weeks until I sold it. Never buy a Ford product again!