Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 272 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Dangerous Vehicle – do not purchase.
By hmacks

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power.
It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed.
I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

The gas milage is good and the SYNC 1 system is useful.

Ford needs to focus on building reliable / safe vehicles and notify their customers is the cars are unsafe to drive - needless to say I will not buy Ford again - just too dangerous and unreliable.

OK car......BEWARE OF THROTTLE BODY
By jdcort95

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong, I like my fusion. Especially as far as the sporty yet conservative look to it. The ride is very smooth and quiet, much more like a luxurious ride than expected!!! Unfortunatley, as MANY have previously mentioned, THE THROTTLE BODY!!! Apparently this year and model have a HUGE problem with this. And it's about $415 to fix..not cheap. And as others have stated its very scary when it goes off and EXTREMELY dangerous...but for some reason ford doesn't want to recall it?!?! The throttle body is the only major repair I've had to do on it so far. The check engine light comes on a lot and the transmission seems very unpredictable.

Sporty look, quiet and smooth ride!!!, love the rims and tai lights on mine!

RECALL THE THROTTLE BODY!!!!!!!, jumpy transmission

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start.
It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options.
On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt.
My driving is 75% highway.
Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership.
The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park.
I hope to get another 100K out her!

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles.
I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

The red color is great. Pretty fuel efficient. Good pick up until it doesn't. I like the Sync system. Good room in the backseat.

Ford should recall the 2010 Ford Fusion.

My Fusion
By talms63

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine brand new in August 09 and I know have 76,000 miles on it.
First the bad. The throttle body kicked the bucket after 60,000 miles, the driver side door handle broke last summer, the check engine light always seems to come on even though nothing seems to be wrong, and there seems to be a vapor lock when I fill it with gas and it will struggle to start and then it's fine.
Now for the good.
I've used the car more like a truck and it's done great.
I've driven up and down the east coast in it filled with camping stuff and two bikes on the back and it's been great.
I've driven it thru creeks, forests, on the beach, and in heavy snow and it's a beast.

Treated more like a truck then a car. I've driven it up and down the east coast loaded with camping stuff and bikes on the back and it's been fine. I've driven it thru creeks, state forests, and on the beach. The traction control and slap shift is a beast in the snow and it's done better then suv's and trucks. The V6 also has a lot of power to it and has a lot of get up. Despite all it's defects its held up strong through all the abuse I put it through.