2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Ford is still the same poor quality
By wolffchad on 07/19/11 17:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really wanted to love this car.I liked everything about it when i bought it new in June 09 but...At 6000 miles while taking my son to tour a college i was on an incline and the tranny slipped.When i returned home i took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the tranny.Seemed fine for a while but started slipping again.At 19000 the dealership found a leak from the half shaft and burned out clutches. At 25500 miles the tranny had to be rebuilt when at 70mph it went out of gear while on vacation and would not engage.Had no power. When they hooked it to the computer there were no error codes even though the clutches burned out again.It's starting to flair after rebuild 7.15.11.Don't buy Ford.

Still amazed by this car...
By chinorth on 07/18/11 08:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My Fusion is an SEL with the 3.0 V6, bought mid-2010. Since then I've already put upwards of 25,000 miles on it, mixed city/highway. In short, I've put it through hell. It still drives like new. Unlike "Big Three" cars of just a few years ago, there's not a squeek or rattle to be heard. I've had none of the transmission issues some people are complaining about. One must realize that unhappy customers are more likely to speak up than satisfied ones...I highly doubt the number of complaints here are indicative of the actual frequency of the issues (this goes for all cars). I seem to recall though that a change was made to the 2010 transmissions in early 2010 to resolve some issues.

Transmission is junk!!!!!
By seanm7454 on 06/11/11 06:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had my 2010 Ford Fusion 4 cyl SEL for 9 months now. The transmission is the worst piece of garbage ever to come in a car at any time in history. It has been 'reflashed' 5 times, had new valve body and been completely replaced once. It is still 'flaring' and shuttering every day. It has spent a total of 47 days in the shop just for the transmission problems and another 7 days for the BLISS system failures. This care is a joke and for will not own up to it. Lemon Law here we come.

Best car I've ever had but.....
By matt2010 on 05/14/11 11:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second AWD Fusion , had a 2007 ,the car probably saved my life with it's 5 star crash rating as some one ran a red light at high speed and hit me in the drivers door (didn't even break the glass or door panel) Went out and purchased a new 2010 AWD SEL , best car I've ever had . So far the only problem Iv'e had is the recall for transmission reprogram , but last few day's the 6 speed transmission has been slipping or jumping when heavily accelerating , has even popped into neutral once ,it is scheduled to go into dealer in a couple of day's any advice ?

Bad BAD customer service!!!
By driveon9 on 04/22/11 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a new 2010 Fusion with a 6 sp auto trans. Nothing but problems with this trans. Had enough and sold the junk. Stay away from this model and Ford.

6SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS
By soccerguy48025 on 03/20/11 19:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beware!!! A simple internet search will reveal tons of problems with the 6F35 auto trans in the 2010 Fusion and Escape. My car is experiencing problems with frequent shift flaring, which will then be followed by a hard shift and forward jolt. This jolt caused me to hit another car in front of me thus damaging my chrome grille. The car will also shift into neutral by itself at times creating a dead spot in acceleration. After software reprograms, new valve body, and complete overhaul including new clutches, my car now drives significantly worse. The trans now struggles and is very sloppy overall. Now, my transaxle shaft seal is leaking fluid and clutch material has been found in the fluid.

Just a bad Ford experience, never again!
By reverence on 01/23/11 18:19 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car had a number of problems, every manufacturer will have them but its how the company handles them, Ford failed miserably. The most serious was the transmission, it did not shift properly, it slipped, and it made whining noises. I got nothing but a run around from the dealership and from Ford. I see where many others are having the same problems. The car had a build date of 6/10 which was suppose to be after the factory fix but obviously they have not figured it out yet. This went on for 6 months and finally I had enough and sold the car for a major lose. I laugh when I see the Ford commercials now about quality and commitment.

6 Speed Manual
By mnfusion on 01/12/11 20:37 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Fusion 8 monthes ago and have already racked up 26,000 miles. So far I have had no problems to speak of. Gas mileage with the 4cyl. manual has been between 26mpg and 32mpg. Overall very nice vehicle. It runs quiet and smooth down the road and gets up and goes well for a 4 cyl.

Transmission problems
By clayfish on 12/14/10 22:01 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We are having transmission problems as well with our brand new 2010 Fusion. The car has been at the dealer for over a week. Not the quality I expected from Ford. Be wary of Ford's faulty transmissions.

Overall evaluation
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Could use a taller 6th gear and slots for maps on the sides of the doors, also a power source outlet in the trunk for accessories. Ride is harsh on rough roads but most unibody cars are. A full frame would improve the ride greatly. We don't have pool table smooth roads around here. The dash could use some color otherwise the car is nice and tight and handles beautifully.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*