2010 Ford Fusion Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 5

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SEL Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Watch out
By Objectivity on 06/01/10 20:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Ford Fusion for 9 months and I now have a recall on the solenoid. Soon after the notice I began to have severe problems with the transmission. I took it in and now the entire transmission has to be replaced. I'm not pleased that a new car has major transmission problems. I bought it based on a review from edmunds so I hope others read my review. Perhaps it's a fluke but now I've had a smokey rental car for a week which I had to ask for rather than have it offered. Now I'm wondering if should have bought a Honda like last time.

First Domestic Car, EVER
By Mini to Ford on 05/14/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Always Japanese or European.Beats Camry and Accord. Tried 2011 Sonata, still went back to Fusion. 500 miles on car so have a lot to learn but so far was a great choice. Hope this continues.

Happy customer!
By Grguy on 04/29/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to write this review to let others know that i am pleased with this car. I have driven other midsized cars and i have to admit Ford did a good job on this one. I do a lot of highway miles and this car is DRIVERS CAR. Comfort, smooth shifting 6 speed automatic, 8 way power seat, and more! all these features tailor to the driver and even the passenger gets a power seat on the SEL. Fuel is good on a midsized, electric steering is easy to steer in parking lots, but still feels good on highway as well. Highly recommended. The SEL trim is worth the extra $1,200 to upgrade from the SE. GO FORD!!

wonderful car
By BrittanyM on 04/24/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i love this car! it drives so nice it is just simply perfection you couldnt find a better buy it is not to expensive and it has everyhitng you need!

Older folks should buy this car
By Steve on 04/19/10 22:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We now have just over 2,100 miles on our 2010 Fusion SEL. We took advantage of a cash reduction offered to Camry owners who traded, and paid about $24,000 for a 4-cylinder model with navigation, moon-roof, electric seats, leather seating, rear camera, side sensors, blind spot sensor, and Sirius radio (plus other gadgets). In addition, we received $1,400 MORE in trade-in for our 1998 Camry than the Toyota dealer had offered several months earlier on a $29,000 Prius. The car is well-appointed and the seat/steering wheel adjustments are infinite. There’s no problem in finding a comfortable driving position, or in changing it on longer drives.

Home run
By ralph on 04/15/10 03:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am 73 years old and this is my 13th. new vehicle. Ford got it right and Motor Trend did the same naming it Car of the Year. Best car I have ever owned by far. Just completed our first road trip from Nashville to Chattanooga TN over the treacherous I- 24 MT. Eagle. Except for the drive over the mountain I set the cruise control on 70 mph. The engine turns just at tat over 2000 rpm at 70. Overall trip mileage was 38 mpg. That is with an automatic running the AC as well.I have to laugh at the snobs who bought Toyotas.

Love my 2010 Fusion
By carl on 04/01/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently traded in my 09 V-6 SE sport for a 2010 4 cylinder SEL. It is awesome. I am very very happy with the gas mileage. getting about 25 to 27 mpg in town, and the car isn't fully broken in. The car is not that much slower than the V-6, and the gas mileage is amazing. Plenty of power and better gas mileage, what more could you want? It is also a very comfortable car. I am very pleased with my buying decision.

Why would you buy a Camry?
By Mike on 03/27/10 08:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2.5L is a great I4. I never feel the need for more power and I still get about 30 mpg on my commute. Love the interior, exterior design, and the sync system. Very quiet. I've read some reviews claiming there are too many buttons, but personally I like having all the controls at my fingertips. (It's really not hard to figure out what they do.) I test drove a Camry to compare and I can't see any reason to take that over a Fusion.

Buy a Dash Cover to Hide Reflections
By Johnf11 on 03/22/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with the handling, interior layout and finish. That the car is so quite regarding wind and road noise is really great. (those poor Jetta owners) The 2.5 liter engine seems adequate and keeps me from hot rodding it... what is the point of trying to hot rod on a 2.5 liter? And it is aFORDable.

Fusion I4
By BillS on 03/16/10 19:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car replaced a Dodge Charger SXT 3.5. I read many of these reviews about the great I4 performance and see a few really have the V6. The performance is not good at all, with many up and down shifts during a typical Chicago rush hour commute trying to keep up. With just a choice of D or OD, you can't even help it along. The fronts seats are also pretty hard and even though multi-adjustable, I can't get a good position. The build quality is very good and wish I had the choice of getting the more powerful motor (company provided car). So far, I am not even getting great gas mileage at around 25 mpg for the 1st 2k miles. I have a 3.2 Audi that bests that by 4 mpg & S550 that matches it.