2010 Ford Fusion Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 4

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SEL Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Fusion JUNK
By Fusion Junk on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had transmission troubles from day one. Ford gave me the runaround for 6 weeks until I sold it. Never buy a Ford product again!

2010 Fusion
By Doug on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first domestic car I have owned in 20 years. Ford got it right with this car. Build quality is great and no squeaks or rattles after 6000 miles. Got 34 mpg on a trip average around 26 in town Plenty of room for me at 6 ft tall and a little wider then i used to be. This is one of my the nicest cars I have had in a long time. Spend the extra money for the SEL the leather,heated seats and the vision package are well worth the money.The SYNC system is second to none. I have most of it figured out by now. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great value for your money. The 4 cylinder engine is a little loud at times but the better gas mileage is well worth the trade off.

Auto transmission blows!
By dmdavis on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As mentioned by many others, the automatic transmission on this car is horrible! Why can't these manufacturers leave well enough alone? The 6 speed doesn't provide any better gas mileage and makes the overall driving experience wretched. It hasn't left me stranded yet, but I expect that it will before too long. I like pretty much everything else about the car, although there are some "basics" (outside temp., auto headlights, etc.) that are missing. Will not buy again unless trans problems are fixed.

Horrible transmission!
By schmal on 08/09/10 12:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As the title of my review says, the 6- speed automatic transmission is horrible. It hangs between gears. There is a delay from when you step on the accelerator until you actually start moving. Downshifting is clunky and jerky. It feels as if they assigned the development of the trans to a fresh-out and forgot to watch what they were doing. That or they released the alpha version and forgot to go through the usual refinements, like every other automaker. This is unfortunate, since I do like other aspect of the car. Nice ride, good features, competitively priced. The trans is a deal breaker though, and I fully expect to have it fail me. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Look at other reviews with same issue!

Transmission
By disappointed on 07/18/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Transmission slips or clunks into gear. Recall did not fix problem. There are pages of Fusion owners on internet with same problem. My car is at dealers for the third time (counting recall) for this dangerous problem.

Ford hit it out of the park
By Mike on 07/16/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been an account manager for 35 years and this Fusion SEL is my 25th company car and it's the best I've ever had...so much so that I plan to buy it when the lease is up. I got 31 MPG at 75 MPH on the interstate. The SYNC. leather heated seats, heated side views are wonderful. My only problem was a rattle in the back that ended up being a faulty set of trunk hinges. I really love this car and I'm very pleased that it's American

Seat belt comfort sub par
By Wiggin on 06/28/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought this car in may 2010. The car drives nicely. We bought the sel model fwd with charcoal black leather interior and sport blue metallic paint. We purchased the car with the blis system and the upgraded Sony stereo. The blind spot monitoring system is nice. A little sensitive but nice. The 3.0 v6 has good pickup and is quiet. I have two issues with this car. First, the fuel economy in city driving is abysmal. I only get 13 mpg in the city. The car only has 1100 miles on it though. The other issue I have is that the seat belt pinches my side when I buckle it. This makes for an uncomfortable ride. It is hard find a comfortable seating position.

10,000 Mile Review
By 89lx5o on 06/17/10 13:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have now owned my Fusion a year and a few months and I passed the 10,000 mile mark. Not one reliability issue to talk about. Still solid no rattles or issues. Over 10,000 miles and my meticulous records I have averaged 23.6 mpg and that is mixed driving (MOSTLY city). Quirk 1, I can't find a comfortable place to rest my left arm. The chair is back so far if I go to place my arm on the door arm rest I bump the B pillar. (I'm 6 ft 1"). Quirk 2, sometimes you have to reselect Ipod as the Sync chooses the phone bluetooth over the usb. Overall very comfortable and quiet ride, handles good and has solid feel. Again Ford out did the competition! I would absolutely buy again, A+ Ford!

Impressive fuel economy
By TL on 06/06/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the S with automatic due to dealer promotion. In test drive, it drove better than 2011 Sonata and costs a lot less. Just had 1500 km on it, seems a fuel sipper on the highway. I got 6 L/100 km highway (~40 MPG I believe, I am in Canada so we use metric), about 10-11 local. Driving is very smooth, hardly any engine or wind noise, although the road noise can be noticeable at highway speed. Only time will tell the reliability.

Watch out
By Objectivity on 06/01/10 20:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Ford Fusion for 9 months and I now have a recall on the solenoid. Soon after the notice I began to have severe problems with the transmission. I took it in and now the entire transmission has to be replaced. I'm not pleased that a new car has major transmission problems. I bought it based on a review from edmunds so I hope others read my review. Perhaps it's a fluke but now I've had a smokey rental car for a week which I had to ask for rather than have it offered. Now I'm wondering if should have bought a Honda like last time.