Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Loss of Power while Driving
By maggb

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Seems to be an ongoing issues for many. My 2010 fusion has 26K miles and at random times will lose power while driving down the highway. I push on gas pedal, and nothing happens. First two times no engine light came on. I coast over to side of highway and put the car in park, it shakes very bad. Then I turn the car off. I restart the car and is fine. This has happened 4 times now, so car is in shop. They think it is Throttle Body. Ford Dealer says, there is no re-call since they don't have that many complaints. This can be a very dangerous outcome waiting to happen. I just want to get the word out to others to be aware of this.

Would make a great car if Ford would fix its issues.
By rcramsey

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove a SE fully loaded with the 4cyl. First thing I noticed was how horribly slugish it was, as well as its irratic shifting. Loved the car and sales guy said only the 4cyl had this issue. Test drove the 6cyl and loved it. Only to purchase the car new and have issues with it from the first week. Transmission suffers from very hard and irratic shifts. After 3 reflashes, if I haven't ran the car in several days the tires with chirp it shifts so hard. With only 15k miles I now have crystalized brakes. Which I now find out through other owners both of these issues are known problems. The rotors I have to pay for out of pocket while the transmission issue remains to which im told unfixable.

Favorite Features

Good looks. Decent gas mileage. Plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission issues. Rotor problems.

Poor Choice in Vehicle
By csoull

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Fusion SEL used in 2010 with 22k miles on it. At first I really enjoyed my car, but then the transmission flares started. The first time I took it in under warranty they kept my car for 26 days because the part was on back order. The second time I had a problem out of it they had it for 13 days. I replaced the rear brakes at 40k because they were horrible. I have replaced the front tires twice because one tire wears unevenly and would not pass inspection. The third time I had a problem I took it to the dealership I purchased it from and they bought it back from me for more than I owed. I am now the happy owner of a 2012 Malibu and will not own a Ford ever again.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Colors Available, Sound system

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better transmission!

70,000 miles still fun to drive
By jorgeh1

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2010 fusion SE automatic 2.5l 4cylinder 31 mpg combined. Bought the car used in 2010 with 20,000 miles for $13,000 vehicle now has 70,000 miles. I have had no problems with this vehicle to date. I drive 70 miles everyday about 30% city 70% highway and get 31 mpg very happy with the car fun to drive and economical. Oil change every 7k miles with full synthetic oil. have not changed spark plugs. Right break light went out $10 to fix. have taken several trips from DallasTX to EL Paso Tx 600 mile trip got 41 mpg vehicle not even rated to get 40 mpg exceeded my expectations was hesitant due to reading reviews about transmission have not had such problem.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering wheel. Easy, simple to use. 6 cup holders always a plus. soft touch material. roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Happy with vehicle

Transmission problems!
By daveglo

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Buyers beware! This model year of Ford Fusion has had many, many transmission problems, and I can not recommend this vehicle. I'm a lifelong Ford owner, and would normally stand up for them, but this machine has been extremely disappointing. The dealership has done the repairs as recommended by Ford, but it's never going to be enough until they re-design the transmission. The transmission started slipping before 20K miles, and would slip bad enough to drop a gear when accelerating at highway speed. It completely disengaged once while at normal highway speeds, and had to coast to the shoulder and "re-boot" the car (it's all electronic controls) to get it back to shop. Do not buy!