Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Dual zone climate control Fuel economy BLIS Rearview camera Cross-traffic alert

Transmission flared when cold (2nd to 3rd shift). Not sure what that was about, but never got worse after dealer reprogrammed it.

Wanted to like this car
By ranner1

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our 2010 fusion late 2010 and have had no major issues with it and then wham! The transmission began giving major problems. We took it to the dealer first with no real help. We then took it to Mr. Transmission and they found a catastrophic failure inside the transmission. $4000 repair later and out of warranty we contacted Ford to look for help and at least for them to help rectify the issue with us and all we got was a "Sorry its your problem". Granted the milage was at 150,000km but a modern transmission should not fail this badly this soon. I am sorry I bought this car, for anyone else out there with this problem, report it to Transport Canada. Perhaps they can do something.

Transmission needs to be looked at desperately of if they have already fixed the problem, make up for there mistakes. Make things right with the customers that supported and bought into their supposed commitment to change.

Loss of Power while Driving
By maggb

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Seems to be an ongoing issues for many. My 2010 fusion has 26K miles and at random times will lose power while driving down the highway. I push on gas pedal, and nothing happens. First two times no engine light came on. I coast over to side of highway and put the car in park, it shakes very bad. Then I turn the car off. I restart the car and is fine. This has happened 4 times now, so car is in shop. They think it is Throttle Body. Ford Dealer says, there is no re-call since they don't have that many complaints. This can be a very dangerous outcome waiting to happen. I just want to get the word out to others to be aware of this.

Would make a great car if Ford would fix its issues.
By rcramsey

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove a SE fully loaded with the 4cyl. First thing I noticed was how horribly slugish it was, as well as its irratic shifting. Loved the car and sales guy said only the 4cyl had this issue. Test drove the 6cyl and loved it. Only to purchase the car new and have issues with it from the first week. Transmission suffers from very hard and irratic shifts. After 3 reflashes, if I haven't ran the car in several days the tires with chirp it shifts so hard. With only 15k miles I now have crystalized brakes. Which I now find out through other owners both of these issues are known problems. The rotors I have to pay for out of pocket while the transmission issue remains to which im told unfixable.

Good looks. Decent gas mileage. Plenty of power.

Transmission issues. Rotor problems.

Poor Choice in Vehicle
By csoull

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Fusion SEL used in 2010 with 22k miles on it. At first I really enjoyed my car, but then the transmission flares started. The first time I took it in under warranty they kept my car for 26 days because the part was on back order. The second time I had a problem out of it they had it for 13 days. I replaced the rear brakes at 40k because they were horrible. I have replaced the front tires twice because one tire wears unevenly and would not pass inspection. The third time I had a problem I took it to the dealership I purchased it from and they bought it back from me for more than I owed. I am now the happy owner of a 2012 Malibu and will not own a Ford ever again.

Mileage, Colors Available, Sound system

Needs a better transmission!