2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Horrible Car
By kriswe80 on 05/30/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Highly disappointed! Have had this car for 2 years and have had it in the shop so much. The arm rest broke requiring the whole door panel to be replaced, the A/C switch broke requiring the entire dashboard taken apart, serpentine belt shredded and never made any noise before happening now there's a recall on the wheel stud & rear brake disc inspection and lug nut replacement and sure enough I had a lug nut break before I even got the notice. The drivers seat is also electric and is very temperamental also.

HORRIBLE!!!! Never again FORD
By mskii on 05/18/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is absolute JUNK and if you value your life and the life of your family then DO NOT buy it. The complaints about the car just shutting off (yes, even on the highway) are REAL and it is a very dangerous thing. I told the salesman I wanted something reliable and safe for my kids and I and this is the car he sold me? I should have known better than to trust. I purchased the car in Sept 2011 and haven't even put 2000 miles on the car. The car shut down the other night on Interstate 85 and we were almost rear ended by a tractor-trailer. This car is NOT safe and is anything other than reliable.

up date HAPPY DUDE
By bluefalcon on 04/16/12 18:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

29700 miles and still happy. still love styling sport blue outside and blue insert seats. The 3.5 V6 still pulls strong, a sleeper but don't expect to take Corvette. Average about 22 mpg and need to replace first set of tires and will not go with the Good Year RS A tires again. Ok tire but not great.

2010 Fusion SE Auto Sun+Sync
By thom1486 on 04/15/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought mine used with 22,500 miles in August 2010; now has 27,500. I love the car. The ride is comfortable, yet athletic. The stereo is awesome; no mechanical issues, still a very solid vehicle. Easy to attain EPA fuel economy ratings. Have not had any of the transmission issues I have heard much about, hopefully they don't pop up. Great car, I'd recommend to anybody. I chose it over the Civic, Camry, Cruze, and Malibu

70,000 miles still fun to drive
By jorgeh1 on 01/18/12 11:02 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2010 fusion SE automatic 2.5l 4cylinder 31 mpg combined. Bought the car used in 2010 with 20,000 miles for $13,000 vehicle now has 70,000 miles. I have had no problems with this vehicle to date. I drive 70 miles everyday about 30% city 70% highway and get 31 mpg very happy with the car fun to drive and economical. Oil change every 7k miles with full synthetic oil. have not changed spark plugs. Right break light went out $10 to fix. have taken several trips from DallasTX to EL Paso Tx 600 mile trip got 41 mpg vehicle not even rated to get 40 mpg exceeded my expectations was hesitant due to reading reviews about transmission have not had such problem.

Transmission problems!
By daveglo on 11/13/11 19:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Buyers beware! This model year of Ford Fusion has had many, many transmission problems, and I can not recommend this vehicle. I'm a lifelong Ford owner, and would normally stand up for them, but this machine has been extremely disappointing. The dealership has done the repairs as recommended by Ford, but it's never going to be enough until they re-design the transmission. The transmission started slipping before 20K miles, and would slip bad enough to drop a gear when accelerating at highway speed. It completely disengaged once while at normal highway speeds, and had to coast to the shoulder and "re-boot" the car (it's all electronic controls) to get it back to shop. Do not buy!

Transmission news
By babbs3 on 10/25/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Saw on this evenings' news that Ford got bad marks for their transmissions .Finally all of us that have been complaining about the strange 6sp. auto. has been heard. Can we hope that Ford will properly address these problems? Ford is still building some great looking cars but oh those trannys are a nightmare. The 6 sp was supposed to increase mpg. but how can it if the engine is reving like a race car between gears?

Best American car i ever owned
By hopefulone on 10/25/11 13:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased car April 2 2010 and right out of the box until now October 25 2011 the car is perfect. Not one thing has gone wrong "Yet".With time i may experience something but until then i have no complaints about the Fusion SE with Stick Shift. Some cars purchased during the economic downturn (2008 thru 2009) seem to be the cars people are complaining about.These cars were mostly sold during the "cash for clunkers" government program and i know of others on the Ford Fusion forum who have had some silly to some serious setbacks in their cars.

Transmisson and steering
By lesmor1 on 10/11/11 20:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I thought the candy apple red metallic on the fusion was so pretty. I forgot it needed to be dependable. At 4000 miles it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. Had to rebuild the transmission. Drove to Boise from Portland a in Meridian the rack of the steering had to be replaced. It was about 12,000 miles. Fortunatly for us it happened when stopped. Not a happy Fusion owner. It is a nice car but needs to bdependable. Wish I had my Toyota back.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By mrsnorris on 07/21/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I never write auto reviews. However, I figured that it would have been helpful is someone told me about this car before I got it. First off, the 2010 Fusion is a beautiful looking car. I got the black with black leather interior. Very nice. I thought the SYNC was cool and loved the color combo...(note to self, never buy a car based on looks). I had the car for 1 year. I was literally at the shop so much they knew me by name. The transmission failed 3 times. After the 3rd time of being in the shop and paying for a rental (on a lease) I sold it and went back foreign. The only reason you should get this car is if you like living at the repair shop.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$137 per month*