Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Throttle Body
By okiedolphin

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

so after owning my 2010 fusion for 3 years the throttle body goes out. I call ford and they dont seem to care. I had my 15 month old in the back seat during rush hour traffic (going uphill) and it goes from 60 to nothing without a warning. luckily I had a slow driver behind me. So as of 9/7/13 I am no longer a ford owner and never will be again. I have owned 3 different fords in 12 years and this one was the worst. Could have hurt or killed my son badly..

Favorite Features

loved the color, racing seats, radio, sun roof, and gas mileage but rest of it :(

Suggested Improvements

Recall all the 2010's and fix all the problems. and payback all the other owners that had to fix theirs whether they own the car or not.

Throttle Body issues
By lcorder

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a good car for us, weve had it for about 3 years now. Some issues that we have been having is with the throttle body. Going 70 miles an hour and the gas pedal stops working is a bit scary. Driving down the road and it cuts off at any point with no warning due to the throttle body is even more scary. Ford charges $400.00 for the part to fix even though its a safety issue and several have been having the same issue. Also minor things like chrome pealing off the interior door handles, parking break button. Paint wearing off interior pieces. Note: That my car gets detailed about once every two weeks so its not from a lack of care just bad quality.

Favorite Features

Sporty Family car and roomy

Suggested Improvements

Quality of the parts Cheaply built

love my fusion
By kitman2

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Fusion used a year ago and only 1 issue happened and that was the power steering failed. My dealer was very help full in the cost adjustment as I had the car about 3 months at that time. I was told that was the first time they ever saw or heard of that on a FUSION. My only complaint on the interior is the controls for the air/fan/ heat etc are in an non convenient location as to ease of reach and adjustment while driving. I notice on the 2013 Fusion that the issue has been addressed properly. This is a very rewarding purchase for me as I have owned many other vehicles in my life and some sure sucked as to quality. That is usually found out after a person buys it! .

Favorite Features

Economy, comfort ,style and coolness factor for a 4 door sedan are my favorites. The instruments are good quality and steering wheel features are great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the dash lights brighter and the speedometer more clearer for night driving. OLD fashion black on white has all ways been effective but maybe not as CUTE as color shades. Having a dam metric system to read at night when in a standard system country is dangerous. The mph is almost impossible to read. The color shades are really useless on this issue. Old school is best here BLACK on WHITE numbers.

Not sure about this car yet...
By jmon1

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2010 Fusion new and it has 26,000 miles on it. Everything was fine until the 3 year warranty expired. In the last week I have had the A/C manifold replaced, the transmission throttle (scary when the car dies going 70 mph) and had a tire blowout. Thank God I bought the extended warranty as it was well worth the extra $2700. I also bought the road hazard protection warranty, both good for 60,000 miles with a $100. deductible. I would have already spent in the thousands getting this car fixed, but with the warranty I'm only out $200. Personally, I think the car handles and rides OK and the MPG is not bad. I think it's hard to see out of the rear deck though..

Favorite Features

Body Style MPG

Suggested Improvements

Lower the rear deck to make visibilty easier and the clock is really hard to see.

2010 Ford Fusion 6 cyl Sport
By dideerooster

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my fusion 2 1/2 yrs ago with 3000 miles on it. At 18000 miles had to replace the brakes all around. Now at 25000 miles it's in the shop for the transmission. While on a trip, the tach would rev back and forth while loosing power when "trying" to shift into high gear. When it finally did shift, it shifted hard. Did this 7 times before we got it home. Took it right to garage and it sat there exactly 7 days before they even pulled it inside. Now they have it torn apart trying to find the problem.. Really shocked at the problems. My husband has had 3 as company cars and never had an ounce of trouble with them.

Favorite Features

It's looks

Suggested Improvements

More room on the drivers side.