2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2010 Fusion SE Auto Sun+Sync
By thom1486 on 04/15/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought mine used with 22,500 miles in August 2010; now has 27,500. I love the car. The ride is comfortable, yet athletic. The stereo is awesome; no mechanical issues, still a very solid vehicle. Easy to attain EPA fuel economy ratings. Have not had any of the transmission issues I have heard much about, hopefully they don't pop up. Great car, I'd recommend to anybody. I chose it over the Civic, Camry, Cruze, and Malibu

70,000 miles still fun to drive
By jorgeh1 on 01/18/12 11:02 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2010 fusion SE automatic 2.5l 4cylinder 31 mpg combined. Bought the car used in 2010 with 20,000 miles for $13,000 vehicle now has 70,000 miles. I have had no problems with this vehicle to date. I drive 70 miles everyday about 30% city 70% highway and get 31 mpg very happy with the car fun to drive and economical. Oil change every 7k miles with full synthetic oil. have not changed spark plugs. Right break light went out $10 to fix. have taken several trips from DallasTX to EL Paso Tx 600 mile trip got 41 mpg vehicle not even rated to get 40 mpg exceeded my expectations was hesitant due to reading reviews about transmission have not had such problem.

Transmission problems!
By daveglo on 11/13/11 19:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Buyers beware! This model year of Ford Fusion has had many, many transmission problems, and I can not recommend this vehicle. I'm a lifelong Ford owner, and would normally stand up for them, but this machine has been extremely disappointing. The dealership has done the repairs as recommended by Ford, but it's never going to be enough until they re-design the transmission. The transmission started slipping before 20K miles, and would slip bad enough to drop a gear when accelerating at highway speed. It completely disengaged once while at normal highway speeds, and had to coast to the shoulder and "re-boot" the car (it's all electronic controls) to get it back to shop. Do not buy!

Transmission news
By babbs3 on 10/25/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Saw on this evenings' news that Ford got bad marks for their transmissions .Finally all of us that have been complaining about the strange 6sp. auto. has been heard. Can we hope that Ford will properly address these problems? Ford is still building some great looking cars but oh those trannys are a nightmare. The 6 sp was supposed to increase mpg. but how can it if the engine is reving like a race car between gears?

Best American car i ever owned
By hopefulone on 10/25/11 13:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased car April 2 2010 and right out of the box until now October 25 2011 the car is perfect. Not one thing has gone wrong "Yet".With time i may experience something but until then i have no complaints about the Fusion SE with Stick Shift. Some cars purchased during the economic downturn (2008 thru 2009) seem to be the cars people are complaining about.These cars were mostly sold during the "cash for clunkers" government program and i know of others on the Ford Fusion forum who have had some silly to some serious setbacks in their cars.

Transmisson and steering
By lesmor1 on 10/11/11 20:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I thought the candy apple red metallic on the fusion was so pretty. I forgot it needed to be dependable. At 4000 miles it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. Had to rebuild the transmission. Drove to Boise from Portland a in Meridian the rack of the steering had to be replaced. It was about 12,000 miles. Fortunatly for us it happened when stopped. Not a happy Fusion owner. It is a nice car but needs to bdependable. Wish I had my Toyota back.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By mrsnorris on 07/21/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I never write auto reviews. However, I figured that it would have been helpful is someone told me about this car before I got it. First off, the 2010 Fusion is a beautiful looking car. I got the black with black leather interior. Very nice. I thought the SYNC was cool and loved the color combo...(note to self, never buy a car based on looks). I had the car for 1 year. I was literally at the shop so much they knew me by name. The transmission failed 3 times. After the 3rd time of being in the shop and paying for a rental (on a lease) I sold it and went back foreign. The only reason you should get this car is if you like living at the repair shop.

Ford is still the same poor quality
By wolffchad on 07/19/11 17:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really wanted to love this car.I liked everything about it when i bought it new in June 09 but...At 6000 miles while taking my son to tour a college i was on an incline and the tranny slipped.When i returned home i took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the tranny.Seemed fine for a while but started slipping again.At 19000 the dealership found a leak from the half shaft and burned out clutches. At 25500 miles the tranny had to be rebuilt when at 70mph it went out of gear while on vacation and would not engage.Had no power. When they hooked it to the computer there were no error codes even though the clutches burned out again.It's starting to flair after rebuild 7.15.11.Don't buy Ford.

Still amazed by this car...
By chinorth on 07/18/11 08:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My Fusion is an SEL with the 3.0 V6, bought mid-2010. Since then I've already put upwards of 25,000 miles on it, mixed city/highway. In short, I've put it through hell. It still drives like new. Unlike "Big Three" cars of just a few years ago, there's not a squeek or rattle to be heard. I've had none of the transmission issues some people are complaining about. One must realize that unhappy customers are more likely to speak up than satisfied ones...I highly doubt the number of complaints here are indicative of the actual frequency of the issues (this goes for all cars). I seem to recall though that a change was made to the 2010 transmissions in early 2010 to resolve some issues.

Transmission is junk!!!!!
By seanm7454 on 06/11/11 06:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had my 2010 Ford Fusion 4 cyl SEL for 9 months now. The transmission is the worst piece of garbage ever to come in a car at any time in history. It has been 'reflashed' 5 times, had new valve body and been completely replaced once. It is still 'flaring' and shuttering every day. It has spent a total of 47 days in the shop just for the transmission problems and another 7 days for the BLISS system failures. This care is a joke and for will not own up to it. Lemon Law here we come.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in WA is:

$183 per month*