Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

The red color is great. Pretty fuel efficient. Good pick up until it doesn't. I like the Sync system. Good room in the backseat.

Ford should recall the 2010 Ford Fusion.

My Fusion
By talms63

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine brand new in August 09 and I know have 76,000 miles on it. First the bad. The throttle body kicked the bucket after 60,000 miles, the driver side door handle broke last summer, the check engine light always seems to come on even though nothing seems to be wrong, and there seems to be a vapor lock when I fill it with gas and it will struggle to start and then it's fine. Now for the good. I've used the car more like a truck and it's done great. I've driven up and down the east coast in it filled with camping stuff and two bikes on the back and it's been great. I've driven it thru creeks, forests, on the beach, and in heavy snow and it's a beast.

Treated more like a truck then a car. I've driven it up and down the east coast loaded with camping stuff and bikes on the back and it's been fine. I've driven it thru creeks, state forests, and on the beach. The traction control and slap shift is a beast in the snow and it's done better then suv's and trucks. The V6 also has a lot of power to it and has a lot of get up. Despite all it's defects its held up strong through all the abuse I put it through.

Throttle Body
By okiedolphin

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

so after owning my 2010 fusion for 3 years the throttle body goes out. I call ford and they dont seem to care. I had my 15 month old in the back seat during rush hour traffic (going uphill) and it goes from 60 to nothing without a warning. luckily I had a slow driver behind me. So as of 9/7/13 I am no longer a ford owner and never will be again. I have owned 3 different fords in 12 years and this one was the worst. Could have hurt or killed my son badly..

loved the color, racing seats, radio, sun roof, and gas mileage but rest of it :(

Recall all the 2010's and fix all the problems. and payback all the other owners that had to fix theirs whether they own the car or not.

Throttle Body issues
By lcorder

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a good car for us, weve had it for about 3 years now. Some issues that we have been having is with the throttle body. Going 70 miles an hour and the gas pedal stops working is a bit scary. Driving down the road and it cuts off at any point with no warning due to the throttle body is even more scary. Ford charges $400.00 for the part to fix even though its a safety issue and several have been having the same issue. Also minor things like chrome pealing off the interior door handles, parking break button. Paint wearing off interior pieces. Note: That my car gets detailed about once every two weeks so its not from a lack of care just bad quality.

Sporty Family car and roomy

Quality of the parts Cheaply built