Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 272 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Strange Transmission
By lovenohate

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just read a review about the way the transmission shifts on that 6 speed auto. It revs hard between shifts as if I was shifting manually and downshifts hard when the car decelerates - not smooth at all! I thought there was something wrong with the transmission so I took it to the dealer. They told me they reprogrammed the transmission computer, but it still shifts the same.
It has also slipped into manual shift unexpectedly. I think this is really odd. I am worried about having trouble with this transmission in the future. Someone mentioned not being able to see out of the rear deck. True!! I have replaced a turn signal light is all and have 83K on it now. I bought it with 71K for $11K.

I like the Bluetooth feature playing music on my iPhone and also able to hands free talk. The car also has LED lighting on the interior floorboards which looks really nice at night and can change the colors. I like the styling with the rear spoiler and the sunroof. The car can really accelerate fast with the V6 engine. The computer says 25mpg average on the dash.

The transmission needs to be redesigned. The ergonomics of the sound system and AC controls need to be redesigned. I drove a new 2013 and hated the design of the interior. I like the design of my 2010 much, much better. The fog lights need to be redesigned to direct the light better.

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

the luxury look with the sportiness as well.

Fix the fuel fill feature. Its overly sensitive. Plus fix the throttle issues. Issue a recall ASAP.

brake problem
By sherbourne18

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake.
March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel
safe in it.

very comfortable

Heat and A/C controls should be easier to access when driving

Really can't complain...
By ffusion2010

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my brand new 2010 fusion right off the dealership lot and today....4yrs and 118K miles later really and truly cannot complain about it - from the perspective of what I paid and what I got. I have had some of the issues other mentioned: ie throttle body (still waiting on reimbursement from Ford) and now the transmission is starting to slip a little. I've been lucky with the dealership (afterall I am back there almost every 3 months to get the "works" service done) - thankfully haven't had to do more than the regular service.

Love the Sync system (got lucky with a sales rep who explained it well) - though the system can get a little wonky at times - it freezes when taking voice commands; an ignition reset normally fixes this. Now (thankfully) virtually standard equipment on most cars, I am a complete slave to the blind spot monitors, back-up camera and parking senors!

Even with the V6 putting out 240HP power is not very responsive - theres a 2 second lag which can get you into trouble (especially in LA traffic). The manual shifting is lousy for the same reason and so hardly used. Build quality could use a little more attention - although thats probably how costs are kept low.

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!