Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

Favorite Features

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Suggested Improvements

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Favorite Features

Dual zone climate control Fuel economy BLIS Rearview camera Cross-traffic alert

Suggested Improvements

Transmission flared when cold (2nd to 3rd shift). Not sure what that was about, but never got worse after dealer reprogrammed it.

ford fusion
By mrmaaggoo

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This 2010 ford fusion is an absolutely beautiful car. Most people don't know where the transmission problems come from. There is a plug on the bottom of the transmission if you change it like the owners manual say's [engine oil every 5,000 km trans every 30,000 km is what I do ]Don't be mad at the car or the builder cause you bought a car that someone didn't do the proper maintenance on. This car for the price and for what you get is a awesome car. If your looking at buying a used one I recommend you change the trans oil when you get it and again 10,000 km after then 30,000 km there after. when you drain it only 5L comes out not the 11L it holds the reason for doing it 2 times so fast

Favorite Features

ours is loaded love all the features

Suggested Improvements

fan controls lifted up witch is done on the newer ones

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

Favorite Features

the luxury look with the sportiness as well.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel fill feature. Its overly sensitive. Plus fix the throttle issues. Issue a recall ASAP.

Dangerous stalls
By omg2010

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son was driving this car at night and started stalling until he pulled over. Gave me a call and went over to switch car. Drove it for about 10 minute when it started stalling. Turned it off and back on and still continue to stall. Waited a minute then turn it back on and continue to stall-turned it off and waited another minute and finally it ran fine. Had heavy rain during the prior weeks and there is no gas cover for this car to stop water from entering. Nice car when running and not stalling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas cover. Need to info on why the transmission fluids keeps getting low.