Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

love my fusion
By kitman2

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Fusion used a year ago and only 1 issue happened and that was the power steering failed. My dealer was very help full in the cost adjustment as I had the car about 3 months at that time. I was told that was the first time they ever saw or heard of that on a FUSION. My only complaint on the interior is the controls for the air/fan/ heat etc are in an non convenient location as to ease of reach and adjustment while driving. I notice on the 2013 Fusion that the issue has been addressed properly. This is a very rewarding purchase for me as I have owned many other vehicles in my life and some sure sucked as to quality. That is usually found out after a person buys it! .

Favorite Features

Economy, comfort ,style and coolness factor for a 4 door sedan are my favorites. The instruments are good quality and steering wheel features are great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the dash lights brighter and the speedometer more clearer for night driving. OLD fashion black on white has all ways been effective but maybe not as CUTE as color shades. Having a dam metric system to read at night when in a standard system country is dangerous. The mph is almost impossible to read. The color shades are really useless on this issue. Old school is best here BLACK on WHITE numbers.

first impression-excellent
By mtsman

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought used with 52k and #1 reason for purchase was SYNC. cold weather and first tank of gas is still averaging 28mpg! woo hoo! 4cylinder seems to have better low end power than up top. no issues with trans even when cold. very aerodynamic-gains speed easily down the slightest grade. seats have great support but headrest pushes my head too far forward. text function "not supported" for iphone3...hmmm? back seats have lots of room for tall people. had to adjust fog lamps way up...no idea how previous drivers actually found them useful. so far HVAC is good-fan is slightly noisy. not the refinement of a cadillac or lexus but GREAT value for contents. gauges easy to read.

Favorite Features

SYNC, SYNC, SYNC!, MPG, style is modern, quiet cabin, great interstate cruiser, great for traveling business person who uses the phone alot.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests push head too far forward. USB port is hard to see inside armrest. hard to see trunk button on left side of black dash. engine is a little "tappy" at idle, not refined. sync manual button instructions do not necessarily line up with buttons on steering wheel. wheel well liners do not extend completely to outer edge of body panel. short about 1/4 inch. where upper panel and lower come together. small rocks collect between liner and body panel at this opening. Engine sound is slightly "tappy" and pedestrian rather than refined.

my 2010 fusion
By cinwit

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

bought my fusion with 13k on it. had it now a little over a year and has 35k on it. love love love my car. the only issue i have with my car is how the front passenger seat shakes when no one is sitting in it, and how my rims fill with snow and ice and make my car shake so bad i sometimes have to pull over from getting sick. removing hubcaps should take care of that though. over all,

Suggested Improvements

no hubcaps please. been nothing but a pain for me.

Dangerous stalls
By omg2010

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son was driving this car at night and started stalling until he pulled over. Gave me a call and went over to switch car. Drove it for about 10 minute when it started stalling. Turned it off and back on and still continue to stall. Waited a minute then turn it back on and continue to stall-turned it off and waited another minute and finally it ran fine. Had heavy rain during the prior weeks and there is no gas cover for this car to stop water from entering. Nice car when running and not stalling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas cover. Need to info on why the transmission fluids keeps getting low.

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Favorite Features

Dual zone climate control Fuel economy BLIS Rearview camera Cross-traffic alert

Suggested Improvements

Transmission flared when cold (2nd to 3rd shift). Not sure what that was about, but never got worse after dealer reprogrammed it.