2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
my 2010 fusion
By cinwit on 02/23/13 20:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

bought my fusion with 13k on it. had it now a little over a year and has 35k on it. love love love my car. the only issue i have with my car is how the front passenger seat shakes when no one is sitting in it, and how my rims fill with snow and ice and make my car shake so bad i sometimes have to pull over from getting sick. removing hubcaps should take care of that though. over all,

Dangerous stalls
By omg2010 on 01/04/13 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son was driving this car at night and started stalling until he pulled over. Gave me a call and went over to switch car. Drove it for about 10 minute when it started stalling. Turned it off and back on and still continue to stall. Waited a minute then turn it back on and continue to stall-turned it off and waited another minute and finally it ran fine. Had heavy rain during the prior weeks and there is no gas cover for this car to stop water from entering. Nice car when running and not stalling.

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5 on 12/12/12 18:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Comfortable But.....
By thekonz on 12/10/12 07:43 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in September with 55K miles on it (SE fully loaded, Auto Trans.). I fell in love with the SYNC system, moonroof, and general level of comfort and build quality in the interior. About a month after purchase however, this car showed its true colors. It has had the stalling issue fixed twice, and still has intermittent issues. On left turns it makes a loud grinding noise, and on heavy acceleration the engine knocks. The rear quarter panel comes loose at high speeds and the headlights fog worse than london. I had to take out an extended warranty from my credit union in hopes of not being wiped clean financially because of this junk pile, hopefully it will get better.

Wanted to like this car
By ranner1 on 11/16/12 16:11 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our 2010 fusion late 2010 and have had no major issues with it and then wham! The transmission began giving major problems. We took it to the dealer first with no real help. We then took it to Mr. Transmission and they found a catastrophic failure inside the transmission. $4000 repair later and out of warranty we contacted Ford to look for help and at least for them to help rectify the issue with us and all we got was a "Sorry its your problem". Granted the milage was at 150,000km but a modern transmission should not fail this badly this soon. I am sorry I bought this car, for anyone else out there with this problem, report it to Transport Canada. Perhaps they can do something.

Performance and Tire Wear
By rjpii on 11/11/12 23:04 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am shopping ahead of time for new tires for my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. In doing so I ran across this site and other with a variety of comments and ratings. I bought my car in Jan of 2010 and have 45,500 miles on it. My tires are good for another 5000 - 7500 miles. And they have at times been put to the test. Rotated every 7000 miles along with oil service. This car kills every other 3.5 I have run against. The average mileage up and down my 27 mile communte is between 24 and 26 MPG. I am surprised that it has been 100% reliable with no additional service needs. I have owned 3 BMW's and this car is more fun to drive. Not as "secure" in high speed turns but good enough. Love it.

Loss of Power while Driving
By maggb on 11/08/12 18:08 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Seems to be an ongoing issues for many. My 2010 fusion has 26K miles and at random times will lose power while driving down the highway. I push on gas pedal, and nothing happens. First two times no engine light came on. I coast over to side of highway and put the car in park, it shakes very bad. Then I turn the car off. I restart the car and is fine. This has happened 4 times now, so car is in shop. They think it is Throttle Body. Ford Dealer says, there is no re-call since they don't have that many complaints. This can be a very dangerous outcome waiting to happen. I just want to get the word out to others to be aware of this.

Electrical and Transmission problems
By yoc on 11/03/12 06:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car in shop several times due to transmission slippage that always has to be adjusted. Shifting from reverse to drive causes a big jerk..and the latest is intermittent battery dying - dealer says battery bad and replaced for $200.00! ...First time owning ford and not happy with it at all! All reviews seem to be consistent and Ford not doing anything but raping pockets! Last one for me! Here I come Chevrolet and may be consider Honda - also the head rest and seat is poorly designed.

Would make a great car if Ford would fix its issues.
By rcramsey on 09/26/12 08:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove a SE fully loaded with the 4cyl. First thing I noticed was how horribly slugish it was, as well as its irratic shifting. Loved the car and sales guy said only the 4cyl had this issue. Test drove the 6cyl and loved it. Only to purchase the car new and have issues with it from the first week. Transmission suffers from very hard and irratic shifts. After 3 reflashes, if I haven't ran the car in several days the tires with chirp it shifts so hard. With only 15k miles I now have crystalized brakes. Which I now find out through other owners both of these issues are known problems. The rotors I have to pay for out of pocket while the transmission issue remains to which im told unfixable.

Poor Choice in Vehicle
By csoull on 07/30/12 15:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Fusion SEL used in 2010 with 22k miles on it. At first I really enjoyed my car, but then the transmission flares started. The first time I took it in under warranty they kept my car for 26 days because the part was on back order. The second time I had a problem out of it they had it for 13 days. I replaced the rear brakes at 40k because they were horrible. I have replaced the front tires twice because one tire wears unevenly and would not pass inspection. The third time I had a problem I took it to the dealership I purchased it from and they bought it back from me for more than I owed. I am now the happy owner of a 2012 Malibu and will not own a Ford ever again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$137 per month*