2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews 3

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
First and Last Ford forever
By fordhater224 on 03/30/13 19:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Hadn't owned a Ford in years. Liked the 2010 Fusion v6 SEL AWD. In past 6 months, replaced throttle body (scary to have no acceleration suddenly in 65 mph traffic). Drivers side seat warmer went, and last week wife was 60 miles away on business and it wouldn't start. Towed to dealer for new battery (??) Traded in that piece of junk today for a 2013 Accord. We had owned Honda's for over 15 years and other than normal wear and tear, had 1 oxygen sensor replaced in 4 year old car and muffler and exhaust system in my now 14 yr old civic. I feel sorry for whomever buys my trade in!

I HATE THIS CAR!
By mhelling1985 on 03/27/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I come on here to see if the problems I'm having were just my bad luck. It turns out that I'm not.I bought a Fusion SE 2.5 auto used in 2011 with 10000 miles on it two weeks after I bought it the master cylinder went out. Then two months later the trans went out the control unit and valve body were the problem. A month after that the power steering hose blew. Three weeks after that the ac quit. About a week ago the alternator went out. All this and the car only has 35000 miles on it. trust me this car is a crappy car. I hope my review will keep at least one person for buying this car.

DO NOT BUY
By monikag2012 on 03/01/13 08:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever had. We bought a 2010 used and it had no apparent problems. A month later the throttle body needed replaced. Then we fixed that and the o2 sensors are out so we get 18 mpg. and now the power steering is out, and it has already cost 114 to reset the code because it's hydraulic and It broke the day after fixing it with the same power steering problem, and now ford is charging 1070 to fix it. This car is junk. The throttle body and power steering are problems that are a big problem for this vehicle, yet no recall has been made. wish i had known that its such a common problem!! Do not buy if you want a safe and reliable car. i will not put my 3 month old in this

first impression-excellent
By mtsman on 02/26/13 07:36 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought used with 52k and #1 reason for purchase was SYNC. cold weather and first tank of gas is still averaging 28mpg! woo hoo! 4cylinder seems to have better low end power than up top. no issues with trans even when cold. very aerodynamic-gains speed easily down the slightest grade. seats have great support but headrest pushes my head too far forward. text function "not supported" for iphone3...hmmm? back seats have lots of room for tall people. had to adjust fog lamps way up...no idea how previous drivers actually found them useful. so far HVAC is good-fan is slightly noisy. not the refinement of a cadillac or lexus but GREAT value for contents. gauges easy to read.

my 2010 fusion
By cinwit on 02/23/13 20:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

bought my fusion with 13k on it. had it now a little over a year and has 35k on it. love love love my car. the only issue i have with my car is how the front passenger seat shakes when no one is sitting in it, and how my rims fill with snow and ice and make my car shake so bad i sometimes have to pull over from getting sick. removing hubcaps should take care of that though. over all,

Dangerous stalls
By omg2010 on 01/04/13 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son was driving this car at night and started stalling until he pulled over. Gave me a call and went over to switch car. Drove it for about 10 minute when it started stalling. Turned it off and back on and still continue to stall. Waited a minute then turn it back on and continue to stall-turned it off and waited another minute and finally it ran fine. Had heavy rain during the prior weeks and there is no gas cover for this car to stop water from entering. Nice car when running and not stalling.

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5 on 12/12/12 18:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Comfortable But.....
By thekonz on 12/10/12 07:43 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in September with 55K miles on it (SE fully loaded, Auto Trans.). I fell in love with the SYNC system, moonroof, and general level of comfort and build quality in the interior. About a month after purchase however, this car showed its true colors. It has had the stalling issue fixed twice, and still has intermittent issues. On left turns it makes a loud grinding noise, and on heavy acceleration the engine knocks. The rear quarter panel comes loose at high speeds and the headlights fog worse than london. I had to take out an extended warranty from my credit union in hopes of not being wiped clean financially because of this junk pile, hopefully it will get better.

Wanted to like this car
By ranner1 on 11/16/12 16:11 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our 2010 fusion late 2010 and have had no major issues with it and then wham! The transmission began giving major problems. We took it to the dealer first with no real help. We then took it to Mr. Transmission and they found a catastrophic failure inside the transmission. $4000 repair later and out of warranty we contacted Ford to look for help and at least for them to help rectify the issue with us and all we got was a "Sorry its your problem". Granted the milage was at 150,000km but a modern transmission should not fail this badly this soon. I am sorry I bought this car, for anyone else out there with this problem, report it to Transport Canada. Perhaps they can do something.

Performance and Tire Wear
By rjpii on 11/11/12 23:04 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am shopping ahead of time for new tires for my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. In doing so I ran across this site and other with a variety of comments and ratings. I bought my car in Jan of 2010 and have 45,500 miles on it. My tires are good for another 5000 - 7500 miles. And they have at times been put to the test. Rotated every 7000 miles along with oil service. This car kills every other 3.5 I have run against. The average mileage up and down my 27 mile communte is between 24 and 26 MPG. I am surprised that it has been 100% reliable with no additional service needs. I have owned 3 BMW's and this car is more fun to drive. Not as "secure" in high speed turns but good enough. Love it.