Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

This thing is a FORD?!
By Kevin

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My review title was the first thing that entered my head upon test driving my future Fusion S. Very well composed ride, handling characteristics, soft touch interior materials, and overall a feeling of a great vehicle. 6 speed auto started shifting a bit rough but now that I have some mileage on it and it's gotten used to my driving patterns, it's silky-smooth. Huge trunk for a mid-size. Alloy wheels standard on basic model. Returned 32 MPG on first tank of gas. First car I've owned that didn't need to return to the selling dealership to fix something after the sale.

Basic 4 speaker audio blows away competition from other automakers (wish it had Sirius, though). Fuel economy is fantastic. Lit up switches and controls. Dash illumination is very striking. Stereo with actual audio controls instead of crappy presets.

Floor mats should be standard across the line. Some controls can be clumsy- center stack is button happy. Headlight controls are kind of a reach from the driver. All of these things are very minor.

Fusion I4
By BillS

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car replaced a Dodge Charger SXT 3.5. I read many of these reviews about the great I4 performance and see a few really have the V6. The performance is not good at all, with many up and down shifts during a typical Chicago rush hour commute trying to keep up. With just a choice of D or OD, you can't even help it along. The fronts seats are also pretty hard and even though multi-adjustable, I can't get a good position. The build quality is very good and wish I had the choice of getting the more powerful motor (company provided car). So far, I am not even getting great gas mileage at around 25 mpg for the 1st 2k miles. I have a 3.2 Audi that bests that by 4 mpg & S550 that matches it.

Honda Bruiser
By Jim

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First thing great gas mileage, good interior and design. Much more bang for your buck than Honda. (you wont lose it at the mall with 1000 other accords). I had an 2008 an the upgrades make this a much better car.

gas mileage, interior, styling,fast gas cap, fun interior light choices, ride build quality.

Grab handle on drivers side an omission form 2008 i had. other than that buy this car

Like it except for harsh ride
By Andy

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I like the way the car handles and rides on the highway. Unfortunately, the ride is very harsh on real streets, meaning on bumps, potholes, manhole covers, etc.

MPG calculator, roomy interior, large trunk, cup holder position. 12 V jack in storage bin.

Smaller wheels on all models and make other improvements for ride comfort, tire cost, fuel economy. Improve rear visibility. Make heater controls easier to reach. Make 12V jacks power off when car does. Provide sliding arm rest to bring it closer to driver. Offer premium audio in all trim levels.

Great Car
By Chris

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car in Atlantis Green which I highly recommend. This car turns heads. Quick and comfortable. With only 300 miles on it I am averaging 17 mpg but that number is going up. Handles very well but don't mistake it for a Corvette. SYNC will take some time to learn but gives you a wealth of features and information.

Sony stereo system sounds great. Blind Spot monitoring, rear sensing system and rear view camera. You wonder how they ever made cars without it. Seats and interior quality. Paint job.

Gas mileage only around 17mpg but on it's way up. Other than that, nothing.