Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Most Helpful|
Another great Ford
By Al

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. It handles well, gets good gas mileage, and looks great. Sync is awesome! Ambient lighting is nice also. Getting 22 mpg in the city, which I think is good for an AWD vehicle.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, Sync, and tight handling.

Suggested Improvements

Dash board controls are a bit awkward and there aren't enoough cup holders in back seat.

Trouble with starting??
By janet

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 fusion and having problems with starting.I had to the dealer at 500 miles and they couldnt find what the problem was. It happened a few times more so the dealer has it as we speak. The problem i had was it would crank but not turn over till the third try. They finally did research on it and said it had to do with the Ground strap.Also when i received the car it was having trouble w/the transmission to find out it was 3 quarts low of fluid! Other then that it rides nice but had it to the dealer twice and i only have 1500 miles on it what is going to happen in my future!

Favorite Features

heated seats, backup system,ease of controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

dash controls are not the greatest as far as where they are located, back window dash is very high

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

Favorite Features

The red color is great. Pretty fuel efficient. Good pick up until it doesn't. I like the Sync system. Good room in the backseat.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should recall the 2010 Ford Fusion.

Transmission is junk!!!!!
By seanm7454

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had my 2010 Ford Fusion 4 cyl SEL for 9 months now. The transmission is the worst piece of garbage ever to come in a car at any time in history. It has been 'reflashed' 5 times, had new valve body and been completely replaced once. It is still 'flaring' and shuttering every day. It has spent a total of 47 days in the shop just for the transmission problems and another 7 days for the BLISS system failures. This care is a joke and for will not own up to it. Lemon Law here we come.

Favorite Features

Sync, Interior and handling are all excellent

Suggested Improvements

Get a new transmission in these cars ASAP. The one that they have now will fail every day you own this car.

Poor Choice in Vehicle
By csoull

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Fusion SEL used in 2010 with 22k miles on it. At first I really enjoyed my car, but then the transmission flares started. The first time I took it in under warranty they kept my car for 26 days because the part was on back order. The second time I had a problem out of it they had it for 13 days. I replaced the rear brakes at 40k because they were horrible. I have replaced the front tires twice because one tire wears unevenly and would not pass inspection. The third time I had a problem I took it to the dealership I purchased it from and they bought it back from me for more than I owed. I am now the happy owner of a 2012 Malibu and will not own a Ford ever again.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Colors Available, Sound system

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better transmission!