Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 272 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Love my 2010 Fusion
By carl

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently traded in my 09 V-6 SE sport for a 2010 4 cylinder SEL. It is awesome. I am very very happy with the gas mileage. getting about 25 to 27 mpg in town, and the car isn't fully broken in. The car is not that much slower than the V-6, and the gas mileage is amazing. Plenty of power and better gas mileage, what more could you want? It is also a very comfortable car. I am very pleased with my buying decision.

6 speed automatic transmission the color (sport blue) the sync system with turn by turn directions. awesome gas mileage and the comfort of the vehicle.

none I love it the way it is.

Coming Up on 10K
By Dan

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

About 50 miles south of 10K and this car has been flawless. Build quality is rock solid with excellent fit and finish. Plenty of power, quiet & comfortable cabin, extremely smooth transmission; excellent cabin space and a huge trunk. Only option I added was the Moon & Tunes package. Killer stereo which could be even better if it had actual subwoofers. Didn't like the blue or red interior accents, stuck with the black. Averaging a shade over 21 mpg in 50/50 mixed driving with the occasional aggressive launch/pass. I have no problem recommending this car to anyone in the market for a midsized sedan with a little pizazz.

Sync system, Power, Sport Blue Color, overall exterior design, Interior/Trunk Space, fit and finish, capless fuel system, only regular gas needed.

Drop some weight. The car feels very solid but substantial too at times. Excellent suspension hampered by "adequate" tires. -Climate controls situated too low for easy use -Add manual transmission as an option

So Glad I Purchased a Ford
By PresentlySurprised

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am so glad that I did not read the bad reviews before I purchased my car, it might have swayed me not to buy. However, I could not be more pleased with this car. I test drove an Accord, Camry, and Altima before I bought this car. I was almost going to purchase the Altima, until my husband convinced me to drive the Fusion. The Fusion has way more extras than the Altima and the Camry for the same price. I get great gas mileage (so far averaging 32 mpg). The 2010 model is so sporty looking and I love, love, love the USB port and the fact that I can just hook up my Ipod and play all of my music. The interior is super easy to clean (a plus with kids). So glad that I made this purchase!

USB port, Sirius Radio, free maintenance for 2 years or 24,000 miles, gas mileage, auto dimming rear view mirror, interior fabric

Aluminum Wheels for SE model, take cup holders out of front side doors (they really are useless for anything other than a can), make USB port more accessible.

Why would you buy a Camry?
By Mike

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2.5L is a great I4. I never feel the need for more power and I still get about 30 mpg on my commute. Love the interior, exterior design, and the sync system. Very quiet. I've read some reviews claiming there are too many buttons, but personally I like having all the controls at my fingertips. (It's really not hard to figure out what they do.) I test drove a Camry to compare and I can't see any reason to take that over a Fusion.

Sync system, great way to stay connected and I can send vehicle status reports to my email! USB slot for a jump drive. Steering wheel controls.

Some lagged shifts from the transmission in specific conditions could be tuned better.

Transmission Stinks!!
By mod463

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my Fusion in mid-late August 2009. At 3,000 miles the water pump went out. I heard a lot of squeaking and the more I drove it the worse it got. I took it to the dealership and the they said the water pump went out. Took a week or so to get parts and fix it. On March 8th the transmission just about went out completely. Took it back to the dealership and they said the clutches and valve body need replaced and the parts are on back order for a long time. They got Ford to give me a rental car. Also there is times the starter sticks and the car will not start, will take 4 attempts for the car to start. I think I have a LEMON!

I love the look of the body which is what sold me on the car. I love the Sync system and the Sirius radio.

Fuel Mileage never gets what was stated. Transmission, starter - Ford needs to keep these transmission parts in stock.