Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Transmission Stinks!!
By mod463

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my Fusion in mid-late August 2009. At 3,000 miles the water pump went out. I heard a lot of squeaking and the more I drove it the worse it got. I took it to the dealership and the they said the water pump went out. Took a week or so to get parts and fix it. On March 8th the transmission just about went out completely. Took it back to the dealership and they said the clutches and valve body need replaced and the parts are on back order for a long time. They got Ford to give me a rental car. Also there is times the starter sticks and the car will not start, will take 4 attempts for the car to start. I think I have a LEMON!

Favorite Features

I love the look of the body which is what sold me on the car. I love the Sync system and the Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Mileage never gets what was stated. Transmission, starter - Ford needs to keep these transmission parts in stock.

Top Notch Ride
By Jeremy Kutz

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car! As a loyal Ford owner for over 20 years of my life this is by far the best vehicle I've owned. Although I've never owned a luxury car before it sure does feel like I do now. The car handles like it is on rails and has features I never dreamed I'd have in a vehicle. I constantly get compliments on the car and observe frequent rubber necking while driving. Regardless of your preference for vehicle manufacturers, this vehicle is a must test drive for anyone serious about purchasing a performance sedan.

Favorite Features

Only 300 characters? Well, I'll try. Sport wheels, black on black leather interior, NAV system details, SYNC options & Ipod usb hookup, spoiler, ground effects, capless gas tank, BLIS, back up camera & sensors, heated seats, ambient lighting, SONY sound system with SIRIUS, 263 horses, etc, etc, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Factory wheel locks, tinted driver & passenger windows.

Disappointed owner
By jeanne morrison

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with Fusion and at first the car delivered style and a great ride. However, after only 4 months the transmission was a problem and I was told the car was not safe to drive. It has been out of commission and on the dealers lot for over 2 weeks with no return date. In all fairness, Ford Motor Co. has been trying to be helpful, but this is a disappointing experience. I bought a new car to have a safe and reliable vehicle and this car wasn't.

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

Improved transmissions

Buy a Dash Cover to Hide Reflections
By Johnf11

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with the handling, interior layout and finish. That the car is so quite regarding wind and road noise is really great. (those poor Jetta owners) The 2.5 liter engine seems adequate and keeps me from hot rodding it... what is the point of trying to hot rod on a 2.5 liter? And it is aFORDable.

Favorite Features

I love the Sony sound system and sync... once I got used to it. The stone colored leather seats are great.

Suggested Improvements

The dash has a glove box and the lid and trim is brighter than the dash material so it reflects more onto the windshield and can be very distracting during the day. I had to order a carpet dash cover to hide the glove box. The cover sales guy suggested a black cover as best. Problem solved.

This thing is a FORD?!
By Kevin

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My review title was the first thing that entered my head upon test driving my future Fusion S. Very well composed ride, handling characteristics, soft touch interior materials, and overall a feeling of a great vehicle. 6 speed auto started shifting a bit rough but now that I have some mileage on it and it's gotten used to my driving patterns, it's silky-smooth. Huge trunk for a mid-size. Alloy wheels standard on basic model. Returned 32 MPG on first tank of gas. First car I've owned that didn't need to return to the selling dealership to fix something after the sale.

Favorite Features

Basic 4 speaker audio blows away competition from other automakers (wish it had Sirius, though). Fuel economy is fantastic. Lit up switches and controls. Dash illumination is very striking. Stereo with actual audio controls instead of crappy presets.

Suggested Improvements

Floor mats should be standard across the line. Some controls can be clumsy- center stack is button happy. Headlight controls are kind of a reach from the driver. All of these things are very minor.