Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 272 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Slightly Tinted Windows
By VCD

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a loyal for over 16 years and I've always had SUVs and this is my first car and I really like this car. The design is what attracted me to this car. Great Job Ford!

18" wheels, powerful engine, leather trimmed seats, SYNC, roomy and comfortable.

Needs slightly tinted windows, 6-disc cd changer standard, do not like 1 disc at all. Standard Radio sounds horrible if the radio station isn't in HD format, sounds like an AM radio. More meat and bulk like the SPORT model on all Fusion models, this would make it highly competitive.

Gas Mileage Good - Comfort Poor
By rthompson

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've driven a few hundred miles already in the fusion. Here is my take: - Gas is great. I drive mostly on the freeway and I'll get between 31 and 40 mpg on the freeway depending on traffic, speed and drifting. - Comfort is poor. It's small inside. Not for big guys (and girls). Not for tall guys (and girls). Your legs will be pushed up against the sides or your head will hit the roof. - Features are fabulous. SYNC is great. Radio, Ipod, USB, GPS, etc.

SYNC, Mpg

Home run
By ralph

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am 73 years old and this is my 13th. new vehicle. Ford got it right and Motor Trend did the same naming it Car of the Year. Best car I have ever owned by far. Just completed our first road trip from Nashville to Chattanooga TN over the treacherous I- 24 MT. Eagle. Except for the drive over the mountain I set the cruise control on 70 mph. The engine turns just at tat over 2000 rpm at 70. Overall trip mileage was 38 mpg. That is with an automatic running the AC as well.I have to laugh at the snobs who bought Toyotas.

Sync after an old codger figured out how to work it with help from grandchildren

Heater/AC controls are located low and small on the console. May take a while to acclimate. Otherwise nothing.

Love it!
By rsto10

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Perspective: Bought this car after driving a 2003 Honda Accord V6 w/Nav for the past 7 years. Wanted all the things I loved about my Accord, but with AWD and some driving fun. Fusion fit the bill. 1200 miles into it the car is very fun to drive and impressing me everyday. Corners great and accel. is equal to/better than my Accord (but Fusion is AWD) Quiet cabin but enough engine noise to feel sporty. SYNC=Amazing. I have Nav screen and love every feature. BLIS/cross-traffic/back up cam work great. Stereo Rocks! Just missed the last snowfall, so AWD review will have to wait. I'm an Average Joe who needs to haul two small kids safely in WI, but want to have fun doing it. So far, this is it!

Wheels and exterior sports treatment, acceleration, handling, SYNC, radar/camera features, stereo/bluetooth/iPod, huge trunk, comfy seats, sparkle black paint, AWD, safety ratings, keypad lock on door, fog lamps, smooth highway ride and a lot of fun on the curvy back roads.

Minor things: The heat/AC fan is loud when on AUTO. 15 buttons on steering has me looking down a lot to figure out what to push. Power outlets stay on all the time (at least one should shut off with the car). Weak trunk pneumo lifts don't raise the lid when opened. Low-beams too low. Fuel econ.

A really enjoyable car to drive!
By A.R.

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've got a long drive to work and put 40,000 miles a year on my cars. I tried buying used but got burned, so after A LOT thought I decided to buy a Fusion Sport. I think I made the right choice b/c this is enjoyable to drive, very comfortable, and reliable. I got the sport blue w/ black leather & I've received more compliments on it than the BMW 3 Series I used to drive.

The nav system absolutely makes the interior. It goes from normal midsized sedan to near luxury sedan, and it is the first factory system I've used that I've not wanted to replace aftermarket.

Had a slight right drifting issue that Ford fixed by replacing a control arm. Fuel economy hovers around 20.5mpg with mixed driving and about 22 mpg with my commute, so that could be a little better.