Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Home run
By ralph

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am 73 years old and this is my 13th. new vehicle. Ford got it right and Motor Trend did the same naming it Car of the Year. Best car I have ever owned by far. Just completed our first road trip from Nashville to Chattanooga TN over the treacherous I- 24 MT. Eagle. Except for the drive over the mountain I set the cruise control on 70 mph. The engine turns just at tat over 2000 rpm at 70. Overall trip mileage was 38 mpg. That is with an automatic running the AC as well.I have to laugh at the snobs who bought Toyotas.

Sync after an old codger figured out how to work it with help from grandchildren

Heater/AC controls are located low and small on the console. May take a while to acclimate. Otherwise nothing.

Love it!
By rsto10

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Perspective: Bought this car after driving a 2003 Honda Accord V6 w/Nav for the past 7 years. Wanted all the things I loved about my Accord, but with AWD and some driving fun. Fusion fit the bill. 1200 miles into it the car is very fun to drive and impressing me everyday. Corners great and accel. is equal to/better than my Accord (but Fusion is AWD) Quiet cabin but enough engine noise to feel sporty. SYNC=Amazing. I have Nav screen and love every feature. BLIS/cross-traffic/back up cam work great. Stereo Rocks! Just missed the last snowfall, so AWD review will have to wait. I'm an Average Joe who needs to haul two small kids safely in WI, but want to have fun doing it. So far, this is it!

Wheels and exterior sports treatment, acceleration, handling, SYNC, radar/camera features, stereo/bluetooth/iPod, huge trunk, comfy seats, sparkle black paint, AWD, safety ratings, keypad lock on door, fog lamps, smooth highway ride and a lot of fun on the curvy back roads.

Minor things: The heat/AC fan is loud when on AUTO. 15 buttons on steering has me looking down a lot to figure out what to push. Power outlets stay on all the time (at least one should shut off with the car). Weak trunk pneumo lifts don't raise the lid when opened. Low-beams too low. Fuel econ.

A really enjoyable car to drive!
By A.R.

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've got a long drive to work and put 40,000 miles a year on my cars. I tried buying used but got burned, so after A LOT thought I decided to buy a Fusion Sport. I think I made the right choice b/c this is enjoyable to drive, very comfortable, and reliable. I got the sport blue w/ black leather & I've received more compliments on it than the BMW 3 Series I used to drive.

The nav system absolutely makes the interior. It goes from normal midsized sedan to near luxury sedan, and it is the first factory system I've used that I've not wanted to replace aftermarket.

Had a slight right drifting issue that Ford fixed by replacing a control arm. Fuel economy hovers around 20.5mpg with mixed driving and about 22 mpg with my commute, so that could be a little better.

Love my 2010 Fusion
By carl

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently traded in my 09 V-6 SE sport for a 2010 4 cylinder SEL. It is awesome. I am very very happy with the gas mileage. getting about 25 to 27 mpg in town, and the car isn't fully broken in. The car is not that much slower than the V-6, and the gas mileage is amazing. Plenty of power and better gas mileage, what more could you want? It is also a very comfortable car. I am very pleased with my buying decision.

6 speed automatic transmission the color (sport blue) the sync system with turn by turn directions. awesome gas mileage and the comfort of the vehicle.

none I love it the way it is.

Coming Up on 10K
By Dan

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

About 50 miles south of 10K and this car has been flawless. Build quality is rock solid with excellent fit and finish. Plenty of power, quiet & comfortable cabin, extremely smooth transmission; excellent cabin space and a huge trunk. Only option I added was the Moon & Tunes package. Killer stereo which could be even better if it had actual subwoofers. Didn't like the blue or red interior accents, stuck with the black. Averaging a shade over 21 mpg in 50/50 mixed driving with the occasional aggressive launch/pass. I have no problem recommending this car to anyone in the market for a midsized sedan with a little pizazz.

Sync system, Power, Sport Blue Color, overall exterior design, Interior/Trunk Space, fit and finish, capless fuel system, only regular gas needed.

Drop some weight. The car feels very solid but substantial too at times. Excellent suspension hampered by "adequate" tires. -Climate controls situated too low for easy use -Add manual transmission as an option