Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 272 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Too many problems for new car
By jrcepek

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We have had our Ford Fusion for year and have had it towed twice. First time, engine wouldn't turn over; second time, engine turned, but immediately stalled and couldn't continue. Both covered under warranty, but when you are used to trouble-free Camrys, tough to swallow. Also, dealer sold us new car with repaired tire that eventually went flat and necessitated purchasing a brand new tire. We are awaiting a replacement check.

Design, comfort.

Mechanical--better oversight.

Impressive fuel economy
By TL

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the S with automatic due to dealer promotion. In test drive, it drove better than 2011 Sonata and costs a lot less. Just had 1500 km on it, seems a fuel sipper on the highway. I got 6 L/100 km highway (~40 MPG I believe, I am in Canada so we use metric), about 10-11 local. Driving is very smooth, hardly any engine or wind noise, although the road noise can be noticeable at highway speed. Only time will tell the reliability.

message center displays real time fuel economy, athletic looks, decent interior material. Quiet on local. Great gas mileage.

Ford should offer 5 year/100,000 km basic warranty like competitors do. Controls in the center stack are a bit too low, I have to look down to use them.

Watch out
By Objectivity

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Ford Fusion for 9 months and I now have a recall on the solenoid. Soon after the notice I began to have severe problems with the transmission. I took it in and now the entire transmission has to be replaced. I'm not pleased that a new car has major transmission problems. I bought it based on a review from edmunds so I hope others read my review. Perhaps it's a fluke but now I've had a smokey rental car for a week which I had to ask for rather than have it offered. Now I'm wondering if should have bought a Honda like last time.

The car looks great and I love the synch for my phone. I have the rear parking sensors.

The lights are in an awkward location-- I wish they turned on/off automatically. The AC vent opens whenever it wants to which is bad because outside air irritates my allergies.

I Love It!
By Lonny

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing, It has plenty of power for normal driving and the engine/transmission is super smooth. I have gotten great mileage, if you drive the car normal you will achieve the posted gas ratings if not better, I have. The car is super quiet on the freeway and the ride is smooth as well.

Sync, ride, build quality and quietness

None yet

Much nicer than I expected
By Steve

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was totally surprised at how well the car handles and how quiet and comfortable it is during normal hi speed . The six speaker sound system with Sirius and Sync sounds great.The controls are perfectly placed (to me).The Michelin 50 series tires are great and the fuel lie-ometer is reasonably accurate. My first tank of fuel hand calculated at 27mpg. I was a little suspicious of the most important performance function (brakes) until the first time I did a hard stop. When you press on the brakes HARD it stops hard and fast. If you buy one, test it out with no one in back of you. An unexpected goodie with the Sync was the ability to use a 16gb thumb drive on the USB port.

Build quality,Moon and Sync option, Highway fuel economy, well thought out car. Fantastic lights. Nice powertrain.

I wish i had gotten alloy wheels.