Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

So Far, So Good
By WestTenn

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport for nearly 4 months and I have no regrets about my purchase. I continue to enjoy the power of the 3.5L V-6, crisp handling, and quiet ride. It's a nimble-enough of a car in-town and a smooth performer on open highways. The leather-upholstered seats are fairly comfortable. I have found the EPA fuel mileage estimates to be very accurate for both city and highway driving (21/26 mpg). It's an attractive car; my friends really like it and strangers have come up to ask me (in a nice way) to find out what kind of car it is! The main "disappointment" would be the brakes -- they could be a bit more resolute.

Smooth-powerful-quiet V-6. Responsive steering and suspension. Comfortable seats. Attractive appearance, inside and out. Good build quality.

Ford should make the brakes a bit firmer and more "Mazda-like." They should also offer a 6-speed manual transmission for those us who like to really drive our cars! The chrome trim on the shifte should be eliminated (the sun's reflections off of it can be intensely dangerous at times).

Awesome Car
By Jeff

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great Job Ford! My 4th month of ownership and nothing but positive things to say so far. Nice balance between fuel economy and power with the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder (definite improvement over the 2.3 liter available on last years model). The 6 speed automatic transmission is silky smooth. Trunk space is cavernous, and the interior is whisper quiet if not refined. Sync system is phenomenal. Test drove Camry and Accord also---no comparison, Fusion was better hands down in most areas. Great styling, get compliments all the time. Ford has done their homework. Would purchase again in a heartbeat.

Sync, 6 speed automatic, styling, trunk and interior space.

None I can think of.

Disapointed with Ford transmission again
By Nick

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The ride is firm but comfortable,steering is taut without being overly so, vehicle corners well and the interior is a class act, but unfortunately all this is marred by a transmisson that takes all the joy out of the driving experience. I purchased a demo w/16000 miles on odo. Clearly I didn't take the vehicle for a long enough test drive. When going down hill or coasting to a stop when speed drops to about 40 the transmission down shifts & slows the vehicle so quickly you end up having to give it more gas. This vehicle is supposed to have a CVT transmission which is supposed to shift smoothly. Well apparently no one at Ford got that memo. This is my third and last Ford.

Sync,overall interior comfort

properly functioning transmisson would be wonderful.

First Domestic Car, EVER
By Mini to Ford

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Always Japanese or European.Beats Camry and Accord. Tried 2011 Sonata, still went back to Fusion. 500 miles on car so have a lot to learn but so far was a great choice. Hope this continues.

Sync System is amazing. voice recognition beats our Prius. First tank of gas was 30 mpg. Regular fuel too!

None so far, get back to me after 10k miles

Best Car Yet
By JJ

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving different cars for a few years now such as a Scion tC, Ford Escape, Toyota Corolla, and Mitsubishi Eclipse, but none compare to the Fusion except for the Corolla. I bought this as my first car and I absolutely love it! I feel protected and safe in this car, it gets excellent gas mileage, and the comfort as well as performance are outstanding. I'm very satisfied with this car and I almost wish to be in traffic just so I have a reason to be in my car. It feels and looks more like a luxury sedan rather than a Ford, but that's all the more reason why I love it.

Exterior styling, interior styling, BLIS, safety features, etc.

I have no complaints and no suggested improvements.