Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Much nicer than I expected
By Steve

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was totally surprised at how well the car handles and how quiet and comfortable it is during normal hi speed . The six speaker sound system with Sirius and Sync sounds great.The controls are perfectly placed (to me).The Michelin 50 series tires are great and the fuel lie-ometer is reasonably accurate. My first tank of fuel hand calculated at 27mpg. I was a little suspicious of the most important performance function (brakes) until the first time I did a hard stop. When you press on the brakes HARD it stops hard and fast. If you buy one, test it out with no one in back of you. An unexpected goodie with the Sync was the ability to use a 16gb thumb drive on the USB port.

Favorite Features

Build quality,Moon and Sync option, Highway fuel economy, well thought out car. Fantastic lights. Nice powertrain.

Suggested Improvements

I wish i had gotten alloy wheels.

Best Value in Class
By Bob K

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Sport AWD fully loaded. Great looking car and with the latest technology. Certainly fun to drive with excellent handling and power. Mileage great too, nearly 27 mpg on a 700+ mile trip at speeds averaging 75-80 mph. Looked at 3-series BMW, Audi A4, Acura and Infiniti G37-- all at least $10-15K more with the G37 only one having more power. Best buy in this class especially after rebates. Ford got this one right!! Final thought: Many buyers would not think of looking at a Ford, so they pay dearly for the import name and eventually the high maintenance.

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, navigation, and Sync.

Suggested Improvements

None

LOVE IT!!!
By jmm

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i just bought a 2009 ford fusion and i have already fell in love with it!! its such a great car. i always thoguht ford wasnt that great but once i sat in one and drove it i just knew i had to have the car. it get decent gas milage. i would tell everyone to get this car. the outside looks sweet and the inside has a lot of space and is very confortable. A+++++ for sure.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

gas milage

Surprisingly good!
By LarryH

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I rented one in Kansas City and drove across the state getting 30+ mpg on the highway. Very smooth through the back roads. Typical controls (that's a good thing), nice power drivers seat, big trunk, leg room for grown-ups! Good stereo. I like the no-cap gas filler. Total miles driven - 1500 in 4 days.

Favorite Features

Incredibly smooth driver; great brakes; tons-o-room.

Suggested Improvements

One negative - cruise control odd; some buttons toggle left/right; others one push.

So Far, So Good
By WestTenn

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport for nearly 4 months and I have no regrets about my purchase. I continue to enjoy the power of the 3.5L V-6, crisp handling, and quiet ride. It's a nimble-enough of a car in-town and a smooth performer on open highways. The leather-upholstered seats are fairly comfortable. I have found the EPA fuel mileage estimates to be very accurate for both city and highway driving (21/26 mpg). It's an attractive car; my friends really like it and strangers have come up to ask me (in a nice way) to find out what kind of car it is! The main "disappointment" would be the brakes -- they could be a bit more resolute.

Favorite Features

Smooth-powerful-quiet V-6. Responsive steering and suspension. Comfortable seats. Attractive appearance, inside and out. Good build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should make the brakes a bit firmer and more "Mazda-like." They should also offer a 6-speed manual transmission for those us who like to really drive our cars! The chrome trim on the shifte should be eliminated (the sun's reflections off of it can be intensely dangerous at times).