2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Happy to be back with Ford
By Mike P. on 09/02/09 05:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Handles very well. Smooth on the road. Tires are rated 44 psi and they had 40 when I drove off. A bit choppy so I dropped pressure to 34 PSI and it made a nice difference. (Door sticker states 31 psi) I have an SE model but it is nicely equipped with optional sun-roof and spoiler. I love the style and the crisp handling. Gas Mileage seems to be in the 30's avg. but I do a lot of highway. We'll see as it breaks in more. Very happy with the purchase. Fit and finish is excellent.

Best ford car yet
By dannyboy on 08/27/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

A very fine inexpensive car, well built, excellent handling and fun to drive. Engine is smooth and powerful, wish it got better mpg, oh well. Sync is fantastic, luxury cars should consider adopting the system. Steering wheel controls are very handy, particularly the volume control, my hands never leave the steering wheel -- safe and secure. Heated seats are a must now as well, climate control works perfectly.

Impressive
By lawfin on 08/27/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So impressed with this car. Numerous times on the drive back from the dealer I would say, "This is so much fun to drive, I cannot believe this is a Ford." Mine has the voice-nav, and I love the huge 8'' display. Sync is wonderful, and it is just a treat to drive. I enjoy getting in a car again and driving. My MPG is up to 17.5, but the oomph from the 3.5L duratec is phenom. The sport suspension takes turns like no other. So happy. Sirius Sat radio is another plus.

Transmission and starter problems
By AL on 08/25/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At about 1000 miles the automatic transmission started slipping. Ford does not know how to fix the problem. At about 2000 miles the starter motor at times does not engage the engine and at times it will not disengage after the engine starts. A Ford representative suggested trading the car in. The car now has 2600 miles and my wife is scared to drive her new car.

Amazing car
By Fordfan on 08/18/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I usually only buy coupes as I find them to be the sportier choice, but my Fusion sport is way better than anything I had before. The quality is excellent and the ride is quite and smooth. This car turns heads!

Great machine
By Jim on 08/15/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I drove 7 other cars over the same in a two day period over the same road and I chose the 2010 Ford.the equipment was exactly what I wanted and the seats were the selling point. When I sat in the drivers seat I told my wife this was the car. At first the front door wouldn't close until I opened a window that showed me the body had good sound engineering. Believe me I did my homework. The seven cars were almost identical in all dimensions. I was not going to buy a Fusion but one drive and I was hooked.

What's not to love?
By drthvdr77 on 08/13/09 03:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a well built vehicle. The handling is superb and it is about time a car manufacturer designed a sporty looking sedan. I love the color (sport blue) and the interior is modern and roomy. The Sun and Tunes package is awesome. The Sync feature works flawlessly. I was looking at an Audi A4 (great car too but a very expesive Jetta) and I am glad I went in this direction. Go BLUE OVAL!!!!

Very good car, horrible seats
By GBW on 08/08/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ford did a great job. Love the ride an handling. With 18" wheels, it holds curves like a sport sedan. Put about 2500 miles in the first month, w/ 27 mpg for my commute. Sony stereo is fantastic. Lots of space. Like the Synch system for hands free phone. The front seats are horrible. Can't find a comfortable position, even with 8-way power adjustment. I like the headrest, which most people don't. But my lower back hurts all the time. The cushions are hard and the back is too narrow. I'm 6'3", 190. Tall but not large. The seats are bad enough that I am considering replacing the car after just one month. Too bad, otherwise it's an excellent car.

Glad I chose the Fusion
By meemersmom on 08/08/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Decided on the Fusion over Sonata, Jetta TDI, and Mazda 6, and am I glad I did. I'm impressed with the quality of the fit and finish and the looks --- this is not like the Fords of years past. 6-speed manual is fun to drive w/ a crisp shift. Ford really built a winner with this vehicle. As the owner of several foreign-made vehicles in the past, I am glad to see an American manufacturer build something to compete with (and even beat out) Japan and Germany.

Great Vehicle
By Tom Z on 08/05/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been test driving vehicles for over a year now. I have been waiting for a car to wow me at a price that was equally as impressive. This vehicle did it for me. The only vehicle that drove better during my testing was the lexus GS 350 AWD which was $26000 more expensive. I purchased this vehicle with an x-plan including moon/tune pack and navigation for only 28300. It is an amazing car for the money. The car has tremendous quality inside and out. The tech features on the car are amazing, for example Sync will read a text message aloud in the vehicle and is very easy to use. The MPG could be better but wanted to have some power which the car definitely has.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$146 per month*