Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 272 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car for the money
By Bernie

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I own a 2005 Camry and a 2008 Altima coupe. The Fusion meets or beats those cars for ride quality, power and comfort. Ford has done a great job in building a car that shows America can build and engineer a quality midsized sedan. I have 1200mi on the car and have been averaging 28 mpg 60% city) by fill-up. the computer shows 31 to 34 mpg on the highway. This is my first American car purchase in ten years and I am very picky. You will not be disappointed if you choose this car over any of the Japanese or Korean competition. Drive this car then drive a Camry and Accord and you will be amazed at how quiet this car is. The Fusion is by far a much quieter car. The 4 cyl has tons of power.

Quiet ride. Fuel Mileage. Trip computer. MP3 player plug-in. Huge trunk.

Add outside temp indication. Add Sat radio standard. taller overdrive. Add automatic headlights\Daytime running lights Standard.

Love it but room for improvement
By roy

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car - quiet at all speeds as long as Windows and sunroof closed. Not a good car for Windows down driving at highway speeds. Great gas mileage (had an explorer before). I get 30 mpg on highway at 70 mph w/ Cruise and low 20's in town. Strong engine but exhaust too muted - looking for aftermarket. Wish it was a manual stick. Interior is very nice - love SYNC and Sony sound system. Seats could be more comfortable but decent. Lots of people like the looks of the car.

power, quietness, looks, gas mileage, Sony sound system.

manual shifting, little more exhaust noise, seat comfort, wind noise when windows/sunroof open.

I would definetly buy again
By srpieman

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We had 2009 Fusion that was a good start, very comfortable and never had an issue. Very good gas mileage, 24 mpg most of the time city driving and almost always 34-35 mpg free way. My wife decided got upgrade though. The Sync system was the main reason, which she loves and I like the usb port to play my music. They also upgraded the suspension so handles even better. Again great gas mileage. Went Oregon last fall and averaged 36 mpg on I5. Filled up in Santa Rosa, CA before we left and made it to Klamath Falls, OR and still had quarter tank left. As for comfort, I am 6'3'' and is one the most comfortable rides I had. Many positions for seat, lumbar support and steering wheel is adjustable.

Sync stereo system, Interior comfort and design, Exterior lines and ease of access to driver's controls Plenty of room in rear seats is always a plus

Just one rear window small when looking through review mirror

Great midsized car
By SCOTTY

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently looked and bought a Ford Fusion. I have been driving this car for about 2 months and the car has performed perfectly. The handling is firm and solid. I especially like the SYNC system. This car is one I will keep for a long time

The SYNC system and the rear avoidance system

Radio has too many buttons

Don't Buy
By Don Grant

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

SEL 3.o 6spd Trans failed at 1500 mi. The repair was to rebuild the trans and reprogram the PCM. Now when you take your foot off the gas there is a severe down shift. This is robbing me of 4-5 mpg. Also the car does not perform the way it did before the reprogram. This is not the robust fun car I agreed to purchase and the downshifting is very irritating. Also I do not believe that it is safe to downshift on ice. Ford says that "it performs as designed". No it is performing as REDESIGNED and it is NOT acceptable! Ford customer "I don't care department" says "SORRY". How on earth is this "car of the year"? Save yourself some grief Do Not Buy This Car! Ford will not take care of you!

Style, SINC, instrument panel

If the trans can't handle the power you gave it fix the weak part don't detune the car and rob the customer of what made them buy it. I went from love the car to hate the car in 1mo. Now I'm stuck with a $27,000 daily irritation and bad mileage. Take better care of your customer. This is Shameful!