Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

the luxury look with the sportiness as well.

Fix the fuel fill feature. Its overly sensitive. Plus fix the throttle issues. Issue a recall ASAP.

brake problem
By sherbourne18

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake.
March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel
safe in it.

very comfortable

Heat and A/C controls should be easier to access when driving

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!

Dangerous Vehicle – do not purchase.
By hmacks

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power.
It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed.
I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

The gas milage is good and the SYNC 1 system is useful.

Ford needs to focus on building reliable / safe vehicles and notify their customers is the cars are unsafe to drive - needless to say I will not buy Ford again - just too dangerous and unreliable.

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start.
It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options.
On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt.
My driving is 75% highway.
Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership.
The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park.
I hope to get another 100K out her!

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.