Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

brake problem
By sherbourne18

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake. March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel safe in it.

very comfortable

Heat and A/C controls should be easier to access when driving

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!

Dangerous Vehicle do not purchase.
By hmacks

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power. It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed. I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

The gas milage is good and the SYNC 1 system is useful.

Ford needs to focus on building reliable / safe vehicles and notify their customers is the cars are unsafe to drive - needless to say I will not buy Ford again - just too dangerous and unreliable.

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

The red color is great. Pretty fuel efficient. Good pick up until it doesn't. I like the Sync system. Good room in the backseat.

Ford should recall the 2010 Ford Fusion.