Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Dangerous Vehicle do not purchase.
By hmacks

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power. It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed. I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

Favorite Features

The gas milage is good and the SYNC 1 system is useful.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to focus on building reliable / safe vehicles and notify their customers is the cars are unsafe to drive - needless to say I will not buy Ford again - just too dangerous and unreliable.

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

Favorite Features

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Suggested Improvements

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

Favorite Features

The red color is great. Pretty fuel efficient. Good pick up until it doesn't. I like the Sync system. Good room in the backseat.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should recall the 2010 Ford Fusion.

Throttle Body
By okiedolphin

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

so after owning my 2010 fusion for 3 years the throttle body goes out. I call ford and they dont seem to care. I had my 15 month old in the back seat during rush hour traffic (going uphill) and it goes from 60 to nothing without a warning. luckily I had a slow driver behind me. So as of 9/7/13 I am no longer a ford owner and never will be again. I have owned 3 different fords in 12 years and this one was the worst. Could have hurt or killed my son badly..

Favorite Features

loved the color, racing seats, radio, sun roof, and gas mileage but rest of it :(

Suggested Improvements

Recall all the 2010's and fix all the problems. and payback all the other owners that had to fix theirs whether they own the car or not.

love my fusion
By kitman2

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Fusion used a year ago and only 1 issue happened and that was the power steering failed. My dealer was very help full in the cost adjustment as I had the car about 3 months at that time. I was told that was the first time they ever saw or heard of that on a FUSION. My only complaint on the interior is the controls for the air/fan/ heat etc are in an non convenient location as to ease of reach and adjustment while driving. I notice on the 2013 Fusion that the issue has been addressed properly. This is a very rewarding purchase for me as I have owned many other vehicles in my life and some sure sucked as to quality. That is usually found out after a person buys it! .

Favorite Features

Economy, comfort ,style and coolness factor for a 4 door sedan are my favorites. The instruments are good quality and steering wheel features are great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the dash lights brighter and the speedometer more clearer for night driving. OLD fashion black on white has all ways been effective but maybe not as CUTE as color shades. Having a dam metric system to read at night when in a standard system country is dangerous. The mph is almost impossible to read. The color shades are really useless on this issue. Old school is best here BLACK on WHITE numbers.