2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Dangerous stalls
By omg2010 on 01/04/13 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son was driving this car at night and started stalling until he pulled over. Gave me a call and went over to switch car. Drove it for about 10 minute when it started stalling. Turned it off and back on and still continue to stall. Waited a minute then turn it back on and continue to stall-turned it off and waited another minute and finally it ran fine. Had heavy rain during the prior weeks and there is no gas cover for this car to stop water from entering. Nice car when running and not stalling.

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5 on 12/12/12 18:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Wanted to like this car
By ranner1 on 11/16/12 16:11 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our 2010 fusion late 2010 and have had no major issues with it and then wham! The transmission began giving major problems. We took it to the dealer first with no real help. We then took it to Mr. Transmission and they found a catastrophic failure inside the transmission. $4000 repair later and out of warranty we contacted Ford to look for help and at least for them to help rectify the issue with us and all we got was a "Sorry its your problem". Granted the milage was at 150,000km but a modern transmission should not fail this badly this soon. I am sorry I bought this car, for anyone else out there with this problem, report it to Transport Canada. Perhaps they can do something.

Loss of Power while Driving
By maggb on 11/08/12 18:08 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Seems to be an ongoing issues for many. My 2010 fusion has 26K miles and at random times will lose power while driving down the highway. I push on gas pedal, and nothing happens. First two times no engine light came on. I coast over to side of highway and put the car in park, it shakes very bad. Then I turn the car off. I restart the car and is fine. This has happened 4 times now, so car is in shop. They think it is Throttle Body. Ford Dealer says, there is no re-call since they don't have that many complaints. This can be a very dangerous outcome waiting to happen. I just want to get the word out to others to be aware of this.

Would make a great car if Ford would fix its issues.
By rcramsey on 09/26/12 08:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove a SE fully loaded with the 4cyl. First thing I noticed was how horribly slugish it was, as well as its irratic shifting. Loved the car and sales guy said only the 4cyl had this issue. Test drove the 6cyl and loved it. Only to purchase the car new and have issues with it from the first week. Transmission suffers from very hard and irratic shifts. After 3 reflashes, if I haven't ran the car in several days the tires with chirp it shifts so hard. With only 15k miles I now have crystalized brakes. Which I now find out through other owners both of these issues are known problems. The rotors I have to pay for out of pocket while the transmission issue remains to which im told unfixable.

Poor Choice in Vehicle
By csoull on 07/30/12 15:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Fusion SEL used in 2010 with 22k miles on it. At first I really enjoyed my car, but then the transmission flares started. The first time I took it in under warranty they kept my car for 26 days because the part was on back order. The second time I had a problem out of it they had it for 13 days. I replaced the rear brakes at 40k because they were horrible. I have replaced the front tires twice because one tire wears unevenly and would not pass inspection. The third time I had a problem I took it to the dealership I purchased it from and they bought it back from me for more than I owed. I am now the happy owner of a 2012 Malibu and will not own a Ford ever again.

70,000 miles still fun to drive
By jorgeh1 on 01/18/12 11:02 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2010 fusion SE automatic 2.5l 4cylinder 31 mpg combined. Bought the car used in 2010 with 20,000 miles for $13,000 vehicle now has 70,000 miles. I have had no problems with this vehicle to date. I drive 70 miles everyday about 30% city 70% highway and get 31 mpg very happy with the car fun to drive and economical. Oil change every 7k miles with full synthetic oil. have not changed spark plugs. Right break light went out $10 to fix. have taken several trips from DallasTX to EL Paso Tx 600 mile trip got 41 mpg vehicle not even rated to get 40 mpg exceeded my expectations was hesitant due to reading reviews about transmission have not had such problem.

Transmission problems!
By daveglo on 11/13/11 19:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Buyers beware! This model year of Ford Fusion has had many, many transmission problems, and I can not recommend this vehicle. I'm a lifelong Ford owner, and would normally stand up for them, but this machine has been extremely disappointing. The dealership has done the repairs as recommended by Ford, but it's never going to be enough until they re-design the transmission. The transmission started slipping before 20K miles, and would slip bad enough to drop a gear when accelerating at highway speed. It completely disengaged once while at normal highway speeds, and had to coast to the shoulder and "re-boot" the car (it's all electronic controls) to get it back to shop. Do not buy!

Transmission news
By babbs3 on 10/25/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Saw on this evenings' news that Ford got bad marks for their transmissions .Finally all of us that have been complaining about the strange 6sp. auto. has been heard. Can we hope that Ford will properly address these problems? Ford is still building some great looking cars but oh those trannys are a nightmare. The 6 sp was supposed to increase mpg. but how can it if the engine is reving like a race car between gears?

Transmisson and steering
By lesmor1 on 10/11/11 20:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I thought the candy apple red metallic on the fusion was so pretty. I forgot it needed to be dependable. At 4000 miles it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. Had to rebuild the transmission. Drove to Boise from Portland a in Meridian the rack of the steering had to be replaced. It was about 12,000 miles. Fortunatly for us it happened when stopped. Not a happy Fusion owner. It is a nice car but needs to bdependable. Wish I had my Toyota back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*