Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Don't Buy
By Don Grant

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

SEL 3.o 6spd Trans failed at 1500 mi. The repair was to rebuild the trans and reprogram the PCM. Now when you take your foot off the gas there is a severe down shift. This is robbing me of 4-5 mpg. Also the car does not perform the way it did before the reprogram. This is not the robust fun car I agreed to purchase and the downshifting is very irritating. Also I do not believe that it is safe to downshift on ice. Ford says that "it performs as designed". No it is performing as REDESIGNED and it is NOT acceptable! Ford customer "I don't care department" says "SORRY". How on earth is this "car of the year"? Save yourself some grief Do Not Buy This Car! Ford will not take care of you!

Favorite Features

Style, SINC, instrument panel

Suggested Improvements

If the trans can't handle the power you gave it fix the weak part don't detune the car and rob the customer of what made them buy it. I went from love the car to hate the car in 1mo. Now I'm stuck with a $27,000 daily irritation and bad mileage. Take better care of your customer. This is Shameful!

Seat belt comfort sub par
By Wiggin

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought this car in may 2010. The car drives nicely. We bought the sel model fwd with charcoal black leather interior and sport blue metallic paint. We purchased the car with the blis system and the upgraded Sony stereo. The blind spot monitoring system is nice. A little sensitive but nice. The 3.0 v6 has good pickup and is quiet. I have two issues with this car. First, the fuel economy in city driving is abysmal. I only get 13 mpg in the city. The car only has 1100 miles on it though. The other issue I have is that the seat belt pinches my side when I buckle it. This makes for an uncomfortable ride. It is hard find a comfortable seating position.

Favorite Features

Sync, Blind Spot Monitoring, Backup Camera and Sony Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Make the seat belt insert higher. The seat belt insert sits pretty low to the seat and is pushed forward due to the aggressive seat bolsters. I sat in a Ford Focus and the seat belt did not pinch my side.

Love this car!
By Ford Fan 14

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I wanted an Escape, but test drove this because it was the color I wanted and immediately fell in love with it. It handles well in the curves, is a smooth, quiet ride, has a great sound system, and a very roomy interior without being a huge car. The Sync technology is great too. Gas mileage on the highway is awesome as well and for a 4-cylinder, I was impressed by its power. The only thing I don't like is that it has hubcaps instead of rims, but even the hubcaps are stylish.

Favorite Features

The quiet, smooth ride, roomy interior, and radio controls on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

It needs rims instead of hubcaps

10,000 Mile Review
By 89lx5o

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have now owned my Fusion a year and a few months and I passed the 10,000 mile mark. Not one reliability issue to talk about. Still solid no rattles or issues. Over 10,000 miles and my meticulous records I have averaged 23.6 mpg and that is mixed driving (MOSTLY city). Quirk 1, I can't find a comfortable place to rest my left arm. The chair is back so far if I go to place my arm on the door arm rest I bump the B pillar. (I'm 6 ft 1"). Quirk 2, sometimes you have to reselect Ipod as the Sync chooses the phone bluetooth over the usb. Overall very comfortable and quiet ride, handles good and has solid feel. Again Ford out did the competition! I would absolutely buy again, A+ Ford!

Favorite Features

Sync system! Sony stereo! Quiet ride! SEL's standard leather heated seats. Easy to clean and durable materials (Paint and leather)

Suggested Improvements

More cushion on arm rests, remote key fob with push button start, select shift trans for 4 cylinder model, "eco boost" 4 cylinder!

Awesome
By redneck

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My second Ford car ever. Went to look at a an Edge for the wife and ended up buying a Fusion for me. Love the styling of this car, both inside and out. Stereo is nice and tight and this is a very quiet ride so you can really enjoy the tunes without having to blast them. Would definitely recommend this ride to anyone. Really nice job all around Ford .

Favorite Features

Highway drive is nice .

Suggested Improvements

response time on the gear shift is a little slow otherwise not much. Nice machine