2010 Ford Fusion Sedan 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

SEL Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
So Far So Good.
By vkmaxima on 12/31/14 08:53 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My brother went from his '96 Taurus to a '10 Fusion SE. He decided to buy one after I got my '12 SEL. The cars has 85k and it's been great so far. Occasionally the cap less fuel door has to be cleaned otherwise it triggers an error. The car is still very solid, but does have an odd rattle from the exhaust. No performance problems though. My brother also likes the SYNC system, and finds it easy to use. The car achieves about 18-22 mpg city, and 24-29 mpg hwy. He has a VERY heavy foot, so he doesn't quite get excellent economy, or close to what this car can get. I however get about 22-24 mpg city, and 27-31 mpg hwy. We're both happy we made the right choice with the Ford Fusion.

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan on 05/12/14 08:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

brake problem
By sherbourne18 on 04/20/14 14:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake. March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel safe in it.

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4 on 01/27/14 15:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!

Dangerous Vehicle do not purchase.
By hmacks on 01/12/14 18:10 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power. It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed. I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma on 10/18/13 04:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing on 10/11/13 11:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

Throttle Body
By okiedolphin on 09/09/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

so after owning my 2010 fusion for 3 years the throttle body goes out. I call ford and they dont seem to care. I had my 15 month old in the back seat during rush hour traffic (going uphill) and it goes from 60 to nothing without a warning. luckily I had a slow driver behind me. So as of 9/7/13 I am no longer a ford owner and never will be again. I have owned 3 different fords in 12 years and this one was the worst. Could have hurt or killed my son badly..

love my fusion
By kitman2 on 08/08/13 14:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Fusion used a year ago and only 1 issue happened and that was the power steering failed. My dealer was very help full in the cost adjustment as I had the car about 3 months at that time. I was told that was the first time they ever saw or heard of that on a FUSION. My only complaint on the interior is the controls for the air/fan/ heat etc are in an non convenient location as to ease of reach and adjustment while driving. I notice on the 2013 Fusion that the issue has been addressed properly. This is a very rewarding purchase for me as I have owned many other vehicles in my life and some sure sucked as to quality. That is usually found out after a person buys it! .

first impression-excellent
By mtsman on 02/26/13 07:36 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought used with 52k and #1 reason for purchase was SYNC. cold weather and first tank of gas is still averaging 28mpg! woo hoo! 4cylinder seems to have better low end power than up top. no issues with trans even when cold. very aerodynamic-gains speed easily down the slightest grade. seats have great support but headrest pushes my head too far forward. text function "not supported" for iphone3...hmmm? back seats have lots of room for tall people. had to adjust fog lamps way up...no idea how previous drivers actually found them useful. so far HVAC is good-fan is slightly noisy. not the refinement of a cadillac or lexus but GREAT value for contents. gauges easy to read.